Page 10 of 11
Re: Scunthorpe v Barrow Match thread
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:05 pm
by A.B.
Good win.
Onwards.
Re: Scunthorpe v Barrow Match thread
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:40 pm
by HenneysKnee
Stockport probably won’t need Quigley next season…….
Re: Scunthorpe v Barrow Match thread
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:30 pm
by Bakewell Blue
Given how well Rooney’s return has gone, it might be worth a cheeky bid for Quigs …I also wonder how Brad Barry and Dior Angus feel about their moves now, as neither seem to feature regularly? And Joel Dixon. Other than Quigs, I am not suggesting we need them back. Paul Farman has been great recently.
Re: Scunthorpe v Barrow Match thread
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:35 pm
by Desmond2-2
Christ sake man , move on. Players come and go for [SwearFilter]!!
Re: Scunthorpe v Barrow Match thread
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:37 pm
by mr_grey
Bakewell Blue wrote: ↑Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:30 pm
Given how well Rooney’s return has gone, it might be worth a cheeky bid for Quigs …I also wonder how Brad Barry and Dior Angus feel about their moves now, as neither seem to feature regularly? And Joel Dixon. Other than Quigs, I am not suggesting we need them back. Paul Farman has been great recently.
What about Jimmy Dunn or Ryan Yates or Sam Cosgrove or Tyler Smith ..all ex players we had on loan.. you can go on and on...
Re: Scunthorpe v Barrow Match thread
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:48 pm
by Fazered
If I could turn back time

Re: Scunthorpe v Barrow Match thread
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:49 am
by philbrownstan
Let's just sign Wayne Curtis, Jason Walker and Guy Heffernan and be done with it
Re: Scunthorpe v Barrow Match thread
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:08 am
by Bakewell Blue
I am serious about Quigley (who thought Rooney would return?) as he is exactly what we are missing and seems to be in and out of the County starting 11, but not the others - that was more a case of “the grass isn’t always greener”. However, if we are looking for old players, my targets would be Dave Storf and Jimmy Mulvaney (apologies if they are no longer with us) - that shows my age!
However, I have always rated Josh Gordon and I think Aaron A-H showed some good touches in the last 2 matches, with two chances he should have put away - when he does, I think he will soon add more.
Family wedding at 3pm on Saturday! Clearly didn’t consult the fixture list. I think I may be a little bit distracted for a couple of hours ….
Re: Scunthorpe v Barrow Match thread
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:56 am
by SKIPPER
mr_grey wrote: ↑Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:37 pm
Bakewell Blue wrote: ↑Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:30 pm
Given how well Rooney’s return has gone, it might be worth a cheeky bid for Quigs …I also wonder how Brad Barry and Dior Angus feel about their moves now, as neither seem to feature regularly? And Joel Dixon. Other than Quigs, I am not suggesting we need them back. Paul Farman has been great recently.
What about Jimmy Dunn or Ryan Yates or Sam Cosgrove or Tyler Smith ..all ex players we had on loan.. you can go on and on...
Not to mention Tendayi Darikwa.Loaned from Chesterfield in 2010 then recalled by them as Daz and Dave simply had him bench-warming and he needed game time. He's now captaining Wigan Athletic towards promotion.
Re: Scunthorpe v Barrow Match thread
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:35 am
by mall
Richard Brodie would be a decent shout.
Re: Scunthorpe v Barrow Match thread
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:53 am
by andyg
Tony Field - best of the lot imo. Let him go too quickly.
Re: Scunthorpe v Barrow Match thread
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:34 am
by Holkerbird
SKIPPER wrote: ↑Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:56 am
mr_grey wrote: ↑Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:37 pm
What about Jimmy Dunn or Ryan Yates or Sam Cosgrove or Tyler Smith ..all ex players we had on loan.. you can go on and on...
Not to mention Tendayi Darikwa.Loaned from Chesterfield in 2010 then recalled by them as Daz and Dave simply had him bench-warming and he needed game time. He's now captaining Wigan Athletic towards promotion.
You could see the lad Darikwa was a player. Him and another loanee played in an away game and weren't on long when taken off. Probably complained to parent club and were recalled.
Never could understand the thinking why he wasn't played more often.
Good luck to the lad anyway.
Re: Scunthorpe v Barrow Match thread
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:11 am
by A.B.
Craig Clay - established midfielder in League 2 and had a wee spell up in Scotland, too.
Re: Scunthorpe v Barrow Match thread
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:45 am
by Holkerbird
A.B. wrote: ↑Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:11 am
Craig Clay - established midfielder in League 2 and had a wee spell up in Scotland, too.
That's the other one Adam. Thanks.
Re: Scunthorpe v Barrow Match thread
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:31 pm
by Big_Bluebird
Bakewell Blue wrote: ↑Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:30 pm
Given how well Rooney’s return has gone, it might be worth a cheeky bid for Quigs …I also wonder how Brad Barry and Dior Angus feel about their moves now, as neither seem to feature regularly? And Joel Dixon. Other than Quigs, I am not suggesting we need them back. Paul Farman has been great recently.
What is the obsession with ex players. Players come and go there's 100s of players out there