Sponsored by - S Rodgers, J Goodwin, B Millburn, PC Lettings, NSC, S Leonard, Give ‘em Beans, NSC & Surrey Barrovian

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by spirit of 1990 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:15 pm

mrsenario wrote:popped in at 5 after work for a few hours workshop starting to look great with loads of room. also managed to make a couple of the smaller changing room modules as someone made a real job glossing the back boards. any painters down this week theres 2 8x4boards to gloss white both sides and 2 more 4ft ones also..got some good photos of the workshop and modules starting to look good
Tommy, can you pm or knock a post up to Elaine about what wants doing as Graham will carry on with whatever you leave out for him but he doesn't read the forum.
I gave him thirty notes today to buy some blue & white gloss, he's done a cracking job in there for us this week & he'll be there another two or three days before weekend.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

mrsenario
Gold Member
Posts: 1628
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by mrsenario » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:29 pm

basically whats been said before Elaine but a good job if its raining
there are 2 modules stood up now in the workshop....can you get graham to paint the back of these white gloss.......the inside of the module is fine on these 2 just the backs want doing to protect against damp

also laid out on a table are 2 8x4 sheets of mdf drilled off....these need 2 coats of white both sides and edges.....will need 2 to turn these or move them

on the table next to these are 2 4 ft boards already white but need another coat of gloss both sides.....tell him they need to be as good as the ones stood up to look at.


outside, the toilet door blue gloss over the popular side that Big Al fitted and the new bits in and out of the turnstiles that are bare wood also blue gloss.

one of those 9 doors in the workshop I got from central joinery could have 2 coats blue on a tressel and I,ll fit this on turnstile c as its rotten if he gets through that .

think hes doing the rails in the stand as well but ask him to look at that rusty one right along the top row of seats at the back as looks a bit of a mess

cheers Elaine...other ise just potter about as he does....doing a great job

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Holkerbird » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:47 am

Good God in Heaven, how many pairs of hands do you think Graham has? I am going to have to write that lot down as I won't remember all those instructions. :o

They better hadn't have made any mess transferring the rubble to the skip as I swept all that area last week. Wood shavings round turnstile left on the floor too. It's all well and good making things but not clearing up afterwards spoils the effect. I spend my time clearing up after everyone, especially where the old paint has been scraped off the walls prior to painting and left
I am in a bad mood today. :twisted:

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Wintergreen » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Tsk, tsk - well Mrs H it wasn't like that when I sorted your overflowings. I left the place tidier than when I found it I'm sure you'd concur - the mark of the master craftsman.

PS
Don't go into that roof space - that's where I dumped all the shit.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

Klaus Moogintaal
Veteran Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:19 am
Location: South Walney
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Klaus Moogintaal » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Following on from the painting. All bare wood MUST be primed. And if anything is glossed it HAS to be undercoated first otherwise it wont last and will look like how it originally was. Ie: Shite!

Ask nicely and wards may mix the undercoat the same colour as the gloss for no extra cost. :)

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Holkerbird » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:54 pm

Feeling better now I have had a good sweep round the changing rooms etc. :)
It's Lady Holkerbird if you don't mind Wintergreen and yes you did leave the area tidy and I am happy to say the leak remains fixed.

Is anyone going down tomorrow night as the man from Bargain Booze came to pick up their advertising boards but they were buried at the back of the workshop with a load of boards etc on top of them. He is calling back on Wednesday afternoon to pick them up if you can have them ready for him please.

Graham was painting. ;)

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by spirit of 1990 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:15 am

Holkerbird wrote:the man from Bargain Booze came to pick up their advertising boards
Did he say why Elaine? have they stopped their advertising deal with the club? If they have is there not one on the outside of the ground to come down? This is getting really frustrating now as we must be missing out on a small fortune that could/should be going straight back to the club!

On another note & this is probably a "no" anyway but.....

The BDF are wanting a new shop on the pop side, the ticket office in Vaughans car park will be ideal so I got a couple of quotes for a HI-AB. Does anyone know of someone with one of these that might be able to do it either as a favour or on the cheap? It'll probably take about an hour top's. We might even get away with a heavy duty trailer or perhaps even one of them break-down wagons that pull the car onto the back of them as it's only a short journey around the corner.

After the meeting we had last night Vaughans car park has again raised it's head, as has some more brick work on the new toilets we have planned but we're again asking for someone with some basic bricklaying skills to help us out with some of these job's, we'll do all the labouring, we just need someone to put them back up.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Lancaster Branch
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5509
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Lancaster Branch » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:28 am

Capman/Leitchy is the most basic bricklayer I know Ian, give him a shout. ;)

Richard Ingham
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5116
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Richard Ingham » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:34 am

Would/could it not be a job for the college lads?

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by spirit of 1990 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:00 pm

Lancaster Branch wrote:Capman/Leitchy is the most basic bricklayer I know Ian, give him a shout. ;)
I have Dave, perhaps it might be better off you :lol:

Oldbarrafancumbak offered his help but I don't know how to get in touch with him & he doesn't seem to come on here anymore.
Richard Ingham wrote:Would/could it not be a job for the college lads?
Possibly two jobs that are a bit too big for the young lads from college but I've got some smaller brickwork/walls lined up for them. I have to get in touch with matey-boy from the college shortly about the range of their future involvement - in the meantime we're stuck!
We seem to be able to cover most jobs in & around the ground but atm we only have one lad who can do this sort of work & it's far too much to ask him to take on.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Barrowabc
Gold Member
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
Location: Newbarns lodge
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Barrowabc » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:05 pm

What time is tommy down from tonight anyone ? 6pm ?
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

mrsenario
Gold Member
Posts: 1628
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by mrsenario » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:46 pm

not down tonight no transport......no one turned last time up so back to sundays I guess and englands on

tictactoe
Platinum Member
Posts: 3548
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by tictactoe » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:33 pm

I know I'm being thick here, but where is Vaughans car park?
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by spirit of 1990 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:44 pm

tictactoe wrote:I know I'm being thick here, but where is Vaughans car park?
Side of his house!






That strange little recess inbetween the end of the main stand & the corner of Holker St with the ticket office in.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Barrowabc
Gold Member
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
Location: Newbarns lodge
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Barrowabc » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:15 pm

I didn't see tommys post before I went and turned up at ground
Then Ian red van joiner turned up with a fridge,washing mashine,and cooker
Then Ian turned up let us in ma area and we unloaded all of the above and
Headed home to watch some dross on tv 'England' ;) see you there Sunday
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dezil, MikeRenney and 37 guests