Page 2 of 5

Re: Half Time/Full Time Bayliss Out

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:05 pm
by K_BFC
barrowfan1999 wrote:I'm thinking of getting most of the fans to chant near the players tunnel 'Bayliss Out'.
You need a sizeable reaction from the stands to have any impact. Not a small group by the tunnel.

A lot of people still don't know what has happened and will not likely read what has been posted on this forum. They will likely hear the rumour but rumour alone will stir nothing. I don't think most will get involved in such a shout even if it is what they think. What the NWEM prints on Monday will let a lot in on the events of the Saturday and the feeling it has clearly stirred up among those discussing it on the forum. BBC RC will likely have spots about it in the sports news and we also await the clubs response which might or might not come before Tuesdays game. Be interesting to see the reaction around town to the news from Monday.

Re: Don't Boycott BAFC, Protest against DB instead

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:11 pm
by Always Ultra
Sack the board. They're the ones that have put Bayliss, the players and the fans in impossible positions time and time again. I wouldn't be surprised if Bayliss has worked without pay for long spells, waiting for the BOD to get their shit together.

Re: Don't Boycott BAFC, Protest against DB instead

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:18 pm
by K_BFC
Eric Cartman wrote:Ian Bogie went a bit loopy on Stockport fans and was gone by their next game.
Bogie resigned after realising he was on a hiding to nothing. The board said he was under no pressure from them to leave.

He was under intense pressure and the players and manager were getting abuse thrown at them from the 1st game of the season. When the results failed to materialise and they were at the bottom of the table it just got worse. They were talking boycott and protest after the 1st game of the season (Stockport 1-4 Boston). After 3 relegations in 4 seasons, thousands of fans desperate for success gave their new manager and new team no time at all to bed in.

Re: Don't Boycott BAFC on Tues Protest against DB instead

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm
by HenneysKnee
pjdaly wrote: So let’s have a few thousand there on Tuesday
More chance of Bayles setting up Altree for a last minute winner

Re: Don't Boycott BAFC, Protest against DB instead

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:25 pm
by Zak
K_BFC wrote:xyz
Under what circumstances do you think it would be the right decision to sack Dave Bayliss?

Re: Don't Boycott BAFC, Protest against DB instead

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:31 pm
by spirit of 1990
Always Ultra wrote:Sack the board
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You had the chance at the AGM, where were you?

Re: Don't Boycott BAFC, Protest against DB instead

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:50 pm
by K_BFC
Zak wrote:
K_BFC wrote:xyz
Under what circumstances do you think it would be the right decision to sack Dave Bayliss?
Thats a rather broad question. Let me think... :?

I still think the team needs more time, even so the last two results should have been better, but the main thing that gets me is we keep getting these outbursts from him. He got into trouble after attacking player a few seasons ago when he got wound up by a foul he committed. People forgave him as he was rising to the defence of the team and showed his passion. What about it this time? He almost got his hands on a drunk fan (EDIT: Bayliss' words) for something he allegedly said. Passion surely, defence of the team or himself? I don't like what he appears to have done at all and what I heard him say was out of order, I don't want to hear that again. He should have declined the interview if he was feeling that way. It's been mentioned that even Premiership managers get interviewed too soon after the action and can sometimes say things they don't mean to. Given what fans are saying he did, he should have backed off completely from the interview or a director stepped in and stopped him from giving it.

I've been on the fence since his appointment for the new season, but after this weekend if I don't steady myself I'll fall down on the Bayliss out side. If there is little more evidence to present than what I've read/heard I'd probably sack him in the morning.

:fight: + :scarf: = :sentoff:

Re: Don't Boycott BAFC, Protest against DB instead

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:55 pm
by boyliegladbach
K_BFC wrote:
Zak wrote: Under what circumstances do you think it would be the right decision to sack Dave Bayliss?
. What about it this time? He almost got his hands on a drunk fan for something he allegedly said. Passion surely, defence of the team or himself? I don't like what he appears to have done at all and what I heard him say was out of order, I don't want to hear that again. He should have declined the interview if he was feeling that way. It's been mentioned that even Premiership managers get interviewed too soon after the action and can sometimes say things they don't mean to. Given what fans are saying he did, he should have backed off completely from the interview or a director stepped in and stopped him from giving it.



:fight: + :scarf: = :sentoff:
The fan wasn't drunk,


The

Re: Don't Boycott BAFC, Protest against DB instead

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:07 pm
by K_BFC
boyliegladbach wrote:The fan wasn't drunk
Yes that has been mentioned a few times, still thinking about Bayliss' words on BBC RC about the fan being very drunk. Drunk or not you don't go around trying to hit people.

Re: Don't Boycott BAFC, Protest against DB instead

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:24 am
by 32mile_cul-de-sac
I will be behind DB and the team tomorrow, STILL prepared to give DB five more games to turn it around as I believe all he has done for the club deserved a dozen games this season. My gut feeling is DB has done all he can for the club which happens to all managers at all clubs eventually. The radio rant though may be straw that broke the camel's back.

Re: Don't Boycott BAFC, Protest against DB instead

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:26 am
by Reg
32mile_cul-de-sac wrote:I will be behind DB and the team tomorrow, STILL prepared to give DB five more games to turn it around as I believe all he has done for the club deserved a dozen games this season. My gut feeling is DB has done all he can for the club which happens to all managers at all clubs eventually. The radio rant though may be straw that broke the camel's back.
What would giving him 5 games achieve?

He's comprehensively proved that he is not good enough already.

Re: Don't Boycott BAFC, Protest against DB instead

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:21 am
by 32mile_cul-de-sac
Reg wrote:
32mile_cul-de-sac wrote:I will be behind DB and the team tomorrow, STILL prepared to give DB five more games to turn it around as I believe all he has done for the club deserved a dozen games this season. My gut feeling is DB has done all he can for the club which happens to all managers at all clubs eventually. The radio rant though may be straw that broke the camel's back.
What would giving him 5 games achieve?

He's comprehensively proved that he is not good enough already.
Like i said my gut feeling is he has done all he can for the club BUT before season started i was prepared to give the guy a dozen games, that dozen has five to go. 12 games is fair to a guy who has done so much for our club. People wont agree with me but hey that's my opinion.

Re: Don't Boycott BAFC, Protest against DB instead

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:24 am
by Reg
Fair does.

I don't often agree with you but I do admire you for sticking to your guns.

Re: Don't Boycott BAFC, Protest against DB instead

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:29 am
by 32mile_cul-de-sac
Reg wrote:Fair does.

I don't often agree with you but I do admire you for sticking to your guns.
You always agree with me Reg were just two Alfa males that's all :lol: :lol:

Re: Don't Boycott BAFC, Protest against DB instead

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:35 am
by Coco Jimbo
Kieran wrote:Talk of protesting against Dave Bayliss makes me sad, he doesn't deserve that.

Don't get me wrong, I want him gone as much as anyone as I think he's lost it to the point that he isn't capable of turning things around and you simply can't act the way he did yesterday. However, I don't doubt his love for the club and his desperation to do well and I think he still deserves some respect for what he's achieved in the past.

I want him to leave, but I'd prefer he left in a way that allowed us to still remember his time here with fondness overall.
exactly this tbh but he wont go will he so we surely need to let our feelings be known to the bod in the only way they seem to realize