Page 2 of 9

Re: GUISELEY

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:01 am
by bobbie moore
Cant be any worse than when we played Wukkie hopefull it does stay dry today and tonight :scarf:

Re: GUISELEY

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:03 am
by McMark
Game will be on because it has to be!! 2-1 to the good guys with plenty of aquaplaning. ;) :scarf: :scarf:

Re: GUISELEY

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:08 am
by Bingo
A bit of light drizzle and the merchants of weather doom and gloom are out in force

As Russell Dodd pointed out on radio Cumbria during the Brackley game we haven't had a game called off at Holker street because of rain for six years

Re: GUISELEY

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:52 am
by Wintergreen
I like Russ Dodd’s commentary contributions and I know his statements can be somewhat contrived but take a butcher’s at this from 2010 i.e. four years ago. http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerileypro/4284061269/

My hunch is that Russ might be trying to qualify ‘rain’ and ‘flooding’ as two different things. I don’t think he posts on here so it’s over to user-friendly Uncle Peter to explain his fellow Director’s misleading statement away...(not for the first time)
;)

Re: GUISELEY

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:11 am
by DaveC
Could it be simply that he made a mistake?

The guy is only human, why look for things that may not be there?

Re: GUISELEY

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:18 am
by Bingo
Over the last 25 years how many games have been called off due to a waterlogged pitch - I don't know the answer but I'd say it's a no more than 10

Re: GUISELEY

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:41 am
by Barrowabc
I think we could pinch all 3 points
But be happy with a draw come on
The bluebirds :D

Re: GUISELEY

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:03 am
by barrowfan_chris
What a pessimistic bunch you lot are the game will be on.

Re: GUISELEY

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:14 am
by jimcook
Wintergreen wrote:I like Russ Dodd’s commentary contributions and I know his statements can be somewhat contrived but take a butcher’s at this from 2010 i.e. four years ago. http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerileypro/4284061269/

My hunch is that Russ might be trying to qualify ‘rain’ and ‘flooding’ as two different things. I don’t think he posts on here so it’s over to user-friendly Uncle Peter to explain his fellow Director’s misleading statement away...(not for the first time)
;)
That pictures from the 15th Jan 2010. If I remember rightly, most of the country was covered in snow at that time. I imagine that is all melted snow, not rain. Just my guess though.

I'm sure tonight's game will be on, should be a good with both teams recent form!

Re: GUISELEY

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:22 am
by Bennyfromormsgill
If game is on tonight adam boyes is playing for them now after signing recently

Re: GUISELEY

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:28 am
by Van Der Nipper
jimcook wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:I like Russ Dodd’s commentary contributions and I know his statements can be somewhat contrived but take a butcher’s at this from 2010 i.e. four years ago. http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerileypro/4284061269/

My hunch is that Russ might be trying to qualify ‘rain’ and ‘flooding’ as two different things. I don’t think he posts on here so it’s over to user-friendly Uncle Peter to explain his fellow Director’s misleading statement away...(not for the first time)
;)
That pictures from the 15th Jan 2010. If I remember rightly, most of the country was covered in snow at that time. I imagine that is all melted snow, not rain. Just my guess though.

I'm sure tonight's game will be on, should be a good with both teams recent form!
Jim is correct it was melted snow that weekend and we were due to play Histon.

Re: GUISELEY

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:23 pm
by Wintergreen
DaveC wrote:Could it be simply that he made a mistake?

The guy is only human, why look for things that may not be there?
It's a bit of fun Dave - I tried to convey that with the winker.

Moving on....it's precipitation i.e. rain that has frozen en route and then returned to its natural state.

This is more fun by the way should anyone be in any doubt... :D :D :D

PS

An entertaining 0-0
Att: 741

Re: GUISELEY

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:32 pm
by Richard Ingham
Van Der Nipper wrote:
jimcook wrote: That pictures from the 15th Jan 2010. If I remember rightly, most of the country was covered in snow at that time. I imagine that is all melted snow, not rain. Just my guess though.

I'm sure tonight's game will be on, should be a good with both teams recent form!
Jim is correct it was melted snow that weekend and we were due to play Histon.
IIRC melted snow on a ground that was still frozen underneath hence the melted snow had nowhere to soak away to.

Re: GUISELEY

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:09 pm
by DaveC
Wintergreen wrote:
DaveC wrote:Could it be simply that he made a mistake?

The guy is only human, why look for things that may not be there?
It's a bit of fun Dave - I tried to convey that with the winker.

Moving on....it's precipitation i.e. rain that has frozen en route and then returned to its natural state.

This is more fun by the way should anyone be in any doubt... :D :D :D

PS

An entertaining 0-0
Att: 741
Always hard to tell with yourself Wintergreen, with you being a seasoned wind up merchant with your loaded questions and reliance on the smiley get out clause.

Re: GUISELEY

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:11 pm
by barrowfan1999
Looking forward to tonight's game! Hopefully will be a cracker (if it's on)