Where do we go from here?

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Online
HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8337
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by HenneysKnee » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:37 pm

Not watched it back but the original post is slagging the defence and sticking up for Moore, Moore's got to do better for the goal surely? Timmy limp wrists

bigmac95
Bronze Member
Posts: 950
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:06 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by bigmac95 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:40 pm

HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:37 pm Not watched it back but the original post is slagging the defence and sticking up for Moore, Moore's got to do better for the goal surely? Timmy limp wrists
I agree but the right back was weak and shouldn't have let Rowe get the cross in, nieskins decided to mark the back post...but yes Moore was partly to blame.

My comment regarding Moore was more to do with the first 6 games and him being an improvement on Dixon.
And on the 7th day god created football

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9884
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by spirit of 1990 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:45 pm

bigmac95 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:35 pm
spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:34 pm Has anyone thought that it might have been Paul Cox who wanted rid of Danny? The same Paul Cox who people are now defending!

He was the manager after all....
I thought we offered him a one year deal and he wanted a two year deal? Or do did someone make that up?
Well depends who you want to believe, I'll go along with the fact that Paul Cox was the manager and he was probably sorting his squad for this coming season months ago.

Yep, I think I'd go with that....surely that's what managers do.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

bigmac95
Bronze Member
Posts: 950
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:06 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by bigmac95 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:51 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:45 pm
bigmac95 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:35 pm

I thought we offered him a one year deal and he wanted a two year deal? Or do did someone make that up?
Well depends who you want to believe, I'll go along with the fact that Paul Cox was the manager and he was probably sorting his squad for this coming season months ago.

Yep, I think I'd go with that....surely that's what managers do.
Well on the evidence that the club brought in a head of recruitment / footballing matters above the managers head I would think there would be more to it than Cox saying yes and no to players.

Yep, I think I'll go with that....
And on the 7th day god created football

Tom Brownlee
Member
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by Tom Brownlee » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:55 pm

I actually spoke to Casson jnr on Saturday after the game. How many other people did!? Or have we now forgotten the fact that we had one of the best managers at this level!? Cos the vast majority agreed with that at one point! Wake up!! The owners are having far too much influence here and it aint good

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9884
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by spirit of 1990 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:16 am

bigmac95 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:51 pm
spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:45 pm

Well depends who you want to believe, I'll go along with the fact that Paul Cox was the manager and he was probably sorting his squad for this coming season months ago.

Yep, I think I'd go with that....surely that's what managers do.
Well on the evidence that the club brought in a head of recruitment / footballing matters above the managers head I would think there would be more to it than Cox saying yes and no to players.

Yep, I think I'll go with that....
Paul Ogden has only been in that role for a matter of weeks.
Paul Cox was in his role of hiring & firing when PO was just a scout.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

liverpoolann
Bronze Member
Posts: 913
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by liverpoolann » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:29 am

People talk about grant holt has he got any managerial experience?Agree mickey Moore not the answer but we need shrewd ruthless manager with good knowledge this level of what required and need him quick .On this form will struggle to make play offs

paddy71
Bronze Member
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 1:02 am
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by paddy71 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:38 am

liverpoolann wrote: ↑Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:29 am People talk about grant holt has he got any managerial experience?Agree mickey Moore not the answer but we need shrewd ruthless manager with good knowledge this level of what required and need him quick .On this form will struggle to make play offs
Playoffs? On this form we're in a relegation battle, never mind the playoffs
how we get there i don,t no.Barrows on the way

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:47 am

liverpoolann wrote: ↑Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:29 am People talk about grant holt has he got any managerial experience?Agree mickey Moore not the answer but we need shrewd ruthless manager with good knowledge this level of what required and need him quick .On this form will struggle to make play offs
Barrow will struggle to make above 16th at this rate.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

thegaffer77
Platinum Member
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by thegaffer77 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:31 am

Last year was incredible. We over achieved in many peoples eyes. Throw in the loss of quality players and manager running away, it was always going to be very hard to do it again. Mid table would be good come May. Lets not get ahead of ourselves! Let Mr Casson do that. :scarf:
Stood behind Ray Wilkie for years. Best education I ever had.

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:32 am

thegaffer77 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:31 am Throw in the loss of quality players and manager running away,
Running away or being unable to do his job and forced out?
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8192
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by Ste Story » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:37 am

Tom Brownlee wrote: ↑Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:55 pm I actually spoke to Casson jnr on Saturday after the game. How many other people did!? Or have we now forgotten the fact that we had one of the best managers at this level!?
Erm... what?
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

thegaffer77
Platinum Member
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by thegaffer77 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:50 am

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote: ↑Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:32 am
thegaffer77 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:31 am Throw in the loss of quality players and manager running away,
Running away or being unable to do his job and forced out?
If you are unable to do your job then you should be forced out!
Stood behind Ray Wilkie for years. Best education I ever had.

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:54 am

thegaffer77 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:50 am
The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote: ↑Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:32 am

Running away or being unable to do his job and forced out?
If you are unable to do your job then you should be forced out!
I mean if your boss makes it harder for you to reach both your targets?. Think you knew that though shuffler.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

thegaffer77
Platinum Member
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by thegaffer77 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:05 am

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote: ↑Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:54 am
thegaffer77 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:50 am

If you are unable to do your job then you should be forced out!
I mean if your boss makes it harder for you to reach both your targets?. Think you knew that though shuffler.
Ahh that's what you meant. Depends on whose story you want to believe.
I don't really play cards much either.
Stood behind Ray Wilkie for years. Best education I ever had.

Post Reply