Time to pull your socks up
Re: Time to pull your socks up
Not sure why the opening post is getting called out for voicing a view and saying it as he sees it. There is no insults in there. Many have highlighted concerns with recent club decisions- to go cashless without gauging opinion on it, the decision to introduce a pre paid card, the fanzone not being open during the latter stages of the Euro’s etc, concern at the lack of resources, the training ground etc, all opinions are valid and thats what is needed to generate debate. Think we all recognise the hard work that goes into running a club.
Last edited by Jonty on Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3426
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: Time to pull your socks up
I would call it constructive criticism.Dalton Bluebird wrote: ↑Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:55 pm
I wouldn’t blame the Board for following Anya out of the door with all the moaning on here.
If any of the board reads this forum they would see that people are chomping at the bit to know the ticket arrangements for the Villa game.
If there's a hold-up TELL US, and we would understand and sympathise, but at the moment the silence is deafening.
- Dalton Bluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1325
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: Dalton in Furness
- Contact:
Re: Time to pull your socks up
Patience is a virtue. Get tomorrow’s game out of the way first.bluessupporter wrote: ↑Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:17 pmI would call it constructive criticism.Dalton Bluebird wrote: ↑Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:55 pm
I wouldn’t blame the Board for following Anya out of the door with all the moaning on here.
If any of the board reads this forum they would see that people are chomping at the bit to know the ticket arrangements for the Villa game.
If there's a hold-up TELL US, and we would understand and sympathise, but at the moment the silence is deafening.
Of course the Board will be aware of what’s said on this forum and are also aware of the issues that are worrying some supporters.
I take the point about not being made aware of any advance information concerning Villa tickets and perhaps a statement could be made on here or the official club website.
I don't belieeeeeeeve it!

-
blue blue boy
- Senior Member
- Posts: 344
- Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:29 pm
- Contact:
Re: Time to pull your socks up
Guys and girls, I can assure you I’m not a troll and my post was meant very much in the constructive criticism vein rather than telling everyone they’re crap but that said it genuinely concerns me that we are some way behind other clubs - even the other newbie types like Harrogate, Hartlepool, Sutton etc.
Ok the point re the missing photos on the website is minor but put it into context, we have a media manager so apart from some of the slightly cringey interviews what else is he doing - why isn’t he all over this?
We have always lacked a certain brand and commercial awareness and whilst I acknowledge we have come a long way we are still behind the curve.
I don’t want to cause any trouble - far from it - but if I can realise this from miles away and without attending holker st for the best part of the last 10 years then other must be noticing too and judging by some of the pm’s I’ve had since my original post my concerns are shared by a fair old few.
Ok the point re the missing photos on the website is minor but put it into context, we have a media manager so apart from some of the slightly cringey interviews what else is he doing - why isn’t he all over this?
We have always lacked a certain brand and commercial awareness and whilst I acknowledge we have come a long way we are still behind the curve.
I don’t want to cause any trouble - far from it - but if I can realise this from miles away and without attending holker st for the best part of the last 10 years then other must be noticing too and judging by some of the pm’s I’ve had since my original post my concerns are shared by a fair old few.
- Dalton Bluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1325
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: Dalton in Furness
- Contact:
Re: Time to pull your socks up
Fair comment Jonty, that’s what a forum is about and I’m just as entitled to try and put some balance into the debate.Jonty wrote: ↑Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:16 pm Not sure why the opening post is getting called out for voicing a view and saying it as he sees it. There is no insults in there. Many have highlighted concerns with recent club decisions- to go cashless without gauging opinion on it, the decision to introduce a pre paid card, the fanzone not being open during the latter stages of the Euro’s etc, concern at the lack of resources, the training ground etc, all opinions are valid and thats what is needed to generate debate. Think we all recognise the hard work that goes into running a club.
I haven’t been on here much for a good while and looking at the number of threads about actual football against those raising off field issues, looks like it’s nothing but a moaning shop.
Regarding your last comment, I don’t believe that ‘we all recognise the hard work that goes into running a club’
some posters obviously don’t. Having to step up to meet all the EFL rules and regulations in the midst of a pandemic, which isn’t even over yet, must be horrendous.
I don't belieeeeeeeve it!

-
cottingham bluebird
- Senior Member
- Posts: 252
- Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:06 pm
- Location: The promised land
- Contact:
Re: Time to pull your socks up
Don't know about being behind Harrogate I emailed them 4 days ago about tickets and still no replyblue blue boy wrote: ↑Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:43 pm Guys and girls, I can assure you I’m not a troll and my post was meant very much in the constructive criticism vein rather than telling everyone they’re crap but that said it genuinely concerns me that we are some way behind other clubs - even the other newbie types like Harrogate, Hartlepool, Sutton etc.
Ok the point re the missing photos on the website is minor but put it into context, we have a media manager so apart from some of the slightly cringey interviews what else is he doing - why isn’t he all over this?
We have always lacked a certain brand and commercial awareness and whilst I acknowledge we have come a long way we are still behind the curve.
I don’t want to cause any trouble - far from it - but if I can realise this from miles away and without attending holker st for the best part of the last 10 years then other must be noticing too and judging by some of the pm’s I’ve had since my original post my concerns are shared by a fair old few.
Re: Time to pull your socks up
Was in the shop today, it was well stocked.
Re: Time to pull your socks up
When I first saw the heading I thought it was one for general football and was being directed at the way Jack Grealish wears his stockings
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5249
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: Time to pull your socks up
What is it that Harrogate, Hartlepool and Sutton are doing so well? We love a bit of self-flagellation on here.
Don't let the old man in.
Re: Time to pull your socks up
Don’t beat oneself up over it Nigel!MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:04 pm What is it that Harrogate, Hartlepool and Sutton are doing so well? We love a bit of self-flagellation on here.
Re: Time to pull your socks up
One thing I would personally like to see is a full team squad photo we were denied an opportunity last season to have one with the National league championship trophy for obvious reason but we should have one this season. Been on Exeter & Walsall sites recently and they have a full team photos (but they also do not have new arrivals pictures yet like us) . As regards other things I think we do need a little perspective on things. For example Walsall have apologised for a number of things going wrong last weekend which created in their words " a poor matchday experience" which included long queues at the turnstiles because the scanners were not working. One other issue that appears to be plaguing a number of club is lack of matchday officials. I could probably put that down to Covid "pings" (which hopefully will now see an improvement here) and the poor pay these people receive in return for a significant amount of abuse at times.
Of course we need to get things sorted be we are certainly not the only ones with issues.
Of course we need to get things sorted be we are certainly not the only ones with issues.
Re: Time to pull your socks up
Team photo was taken Friday afternoon and I’m sure will be appearing some time soon!andyg wrote: ↑Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:26 pm One thing I would personally like to see is a full team squad photo we were denied an opportunity last season to have one with the National league championship trophy for obvious reason but we should have one this season. Been on Exeter & Walsall sites recently and they have a full team photos (but they also do not have new arrivals pictures yet like us) . As regards other things I think we do need a little perspective on things. For example Walsall have apologised for a number of things going wrong last weekend which created in their words " a poor matchday experience" which included long queues at the turnstiles because the scanners were not working. One other issue that appears to be plaguing a number of club is lack of matchday officials. I could probably put that down to Covid "pings" (which hopefully will now see an improvement here) and the poor pay these people receive in return for a significant amount of abuse at times.
Of course we need to get things sorted be we are certainly not the only ones with issues.
Last edited by McMark on Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
HarveyBallKendall
- New Member
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:32 pm
- Contact:
Re: Time to pull your socks up
Good stuffMcMark wrote: ↑Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:28 pmTeam photo was taken Friday afternoon and I’m sure will be appearing some time soon!andyg wrote: ↑Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:26 pm One thing I would personally like to see is a full team squad photo we were denied an opportunity last season to have one with the National league championship trophy for obvious reason but we should have one this season. Been on Exeter & Walsall sites recently and they have a full team photos (but they also do not have new arrivals pictures yet like us) . As regards other things I think we do need a little perspective on things. For example Walsall have apologised for a number of things going wrong last weekend which created in their words " a poor matchday experience" which included long queues at the turnstiles because the scanners were not working. One other issue that appears to be plaguing a number of club is lack of matchday officials. I could probably put that down to Covid "pings" (which hopefully will now see an improvement here) and the poor pay these people receive in return for a significant amount of abuse at times.
Of course we need to get things sorted be we are certainly not the only ones with issues.
-
JammyBluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1390
- Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:57 pm
- Location: Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Time to pull your socks up
I think the full team photo is just a timing issue. Picture needs to be taken during the day at the home ground. Our fixtures and pre-season schedule meant that prior to the Hartlepool game was the first opportunity to do this.andyg wrote: ↑Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:26 pm One thing I would personally like to see is a full team squad photo we were denied an opportunity last season to have one with the National league championship trophy for obvious reason but we should have one this season. Been on Exeter & Walsall sites recently and they have a full team photos (but they also do not have new arrivals pictures yet like us) . As regards other things I think we do need a little perspective on things. For example Walsall have apologised for a number of things going wrong last weekend which created in their words " a poor matchday experience" which included long queues at the turnstiles because the scanners were not working. One other issue that appears to be plaguing a number of club is lack of matchday officials. I could probably put that down to Covid "pings" (which hopefully will now see an improvement here) and the poor pay these people receive in return for a significant amount of abuse at times.
Of course we need to get things sorted be we are certainly not the only ones with issues.
Lots of the sponsor photos seen in the last few days were done in the same session.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: BillyBlue and 28 guests