Page 11 of 53
Re: New Manager
Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:40 pm
by Manchester Branch
I'm way out of step, clearly, but I think we could do a lot worse than edmondson. I wasn't a fan of his when he left last time and as a player at Workington he was horrible, but he has stabilised a club who, let's face it, have very little right to be in this league. From the outside looking in, he has worked miracles up there. I'd be more interested in his record as manager than a couple of postings on the internet. I'd still rather have henney, but don't get the downer everyone has on edmondson.
Re: New Manager
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:35 am
by rockerlad workington
One of the most arrogant posts. We are in this league on Merrit! We gained promotion and survived! I could say barrow have no right being in the conference premier but I am not that arrogant!
Re: New Manager
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:11 am
by ruins
rockerlad workington wrote:One of the most arrogant posts. We are in this league on Merrit! We gained promotion and survived! I could say barrow have no right being in the conference premier but I am not that arrogant!
Shhhhhhhhhhh
Re: New Manager
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:15 am
by Lancaster Branch
Manchester Branch wrote:I'm way out of step, clearly, but I think we could do a lot worse than edmondson. I wasn't a fan of his when he left last time and as a player at Workington he was horrible, but he has stabilised a club who, let's face it, have very little right to be in this league. From the outside looking in, he has worked miracles up there. I'd be more interested in his record as manager than a couple of postings on the internet. I'd still rather have henney, but don't get the downer everyone has on edmondson.
Same here - keeping what is effectively a North West Counties league club at this level is a great achievement. Credit to him (and Tommy Cassidy before him).
Re: New Manager
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:56 am
by barrowfan
urswick blue wrote:According to the EM, Gary Lowe & his ex assiant at Hyde have applied.
:flag:
Having read the article and other info on this duo two things bother me.
1. They have an agent which usually means demands for big money and budget.
2. If they consider themselves so good why can't they get a job?
Re: New Manager
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:04 am
by popsider
What's Micky Mellon doing these days!
Re: New Manager
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:09 am
by barrowfan
popsider wrote:What's Micky Mellon doing these days!
Assistant Manager at Barnsley.
Re: New Manager
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:15 am
by dcarradus
there are no local based managers that would be good enough for this level edmo is not someone we should be looking at it would be good to find someone localish but there is no one suitable gary lowe would be my choice due to what he acheived with clubs with lower budgets and crowds than us
Re: New Manager
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:32 am
by John Very Little
Speaking to PG last night he mentioned that we've had 32 applications for the job so far, some of which came within an hour or so of Bayliss leaving. I'm assuming many of those will be discounted and a final shortlist will be produced from where interviews will take place.
Todays Non-League Paper has suggested Steve Kittrick, Gary Lowe and Paul Carden are understood to be interested in the job.
On the point about the budget as Pete has mentioned previously we have a monthly budget and the manager spends it as he likes on his own wages, support staff and players wages. If Lowe is successful and he wants to use some of his own budget on an assistant then that's up to him, but it would just mean he'd have less to spend on players wages. Another point is that we have 8 players on contract to the end of the season which will also have an effect on the budget.
Re: New Manager
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:30 pm
by spirit of 1990
Lancaster Branch wrote:Manchester Branch wrote:I'm way out of step, clearly, but I think we could do a lot worse than edmondson. I wasn't a fan of his when he left last time and as a player at Workington he was horrible, but he has stabilised a club who, let's face it, have very little right to be in this league. From the outside looking in, he has worked miracles up there. I'd be more interested in his record as manager than a couple of postings on the internet. I'd still rather have henney, but don't get the downer everyone has on edmondson.
Same here - keeping what is effectively a North West Counties league club at this level is a great achievement. Credit to him (and Tommy Cassidy before him).
I can understand what you both say about his record of keeping wukkie where they are on a limited budget but why ignore what their supporters say?
They're in the position to know what he can & can't do as a manager and apparently their football was as dire as our's to watch!!
Why would we even consider going back to that when we now have an opportunity to change?
Thus can't be about an easy option, we need to go for as good as we can get, & afford within our budget restraint's.
Re: New Manager
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:41 pm
by bobbie moore
"Thus can't be about an easy option, we need to go for as good as we can get, & afford within our budget restraint's"
Agree totally we cant take the easy option must take this opportunity to build for long term as previous posters have suggested.
Even if it takes some time.
Re: New Manager
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:12 pm
by barrowfan
bobbie moore wrote:"Thus can't be about an easy option, we need to go for as good as we can get, & afford within our budget restraint's"
Agree totally we cant take the easy option must take this opportunity to build for long term as previous posters have suggested.
Even if it takes some time.
Nice a bloke as he is I don't think DE would inspire some of the stayaways to return.
Re: New Manager
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:55 pm
by Leo
The only good thing the last 18months or so with Bayles have proved is that we are a club that gives Manager's a chance. Plenty of people will, rightly or wrongly, say we give managers too long, but anybody looking at coming into the club can do so knowing that they'll get a decent crack at the whip to turn our fortunes around
Re: New Manager
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:09 pm
by Fartvs Antiqvvs
If you can put up with 4-3-3, our ex is available.
Re: New Manager
Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:42 pm
by bobbie moore
Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:If you can put up with 4-3-3, our ex is available.
But he had money to throw away didn't he we dont
