Page 11 of 13
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:44 am
by boyliegladbach
They are a bit of a joke of a club though. I was chatting to one of there deluded fans who is convinced they will get 1000s going to this new ground. We went past that new ground they are building, seems like a waste of money.
Why when the opposition keeper has the ball do we all retreat to half way and allow teams to just play out.
I can recall a few occasions where baker just ran back and got the ball off the goalkeeper in his area and brought it out unchallenged until he got to half way.
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:01 am
by spirit of 1990
Graythwaite Nick wrote:Paddy at the dentist
I think about 400 Barrow supporters felt like they were with him.....because watching that yesterday was like having teeth pulled!
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:39 pm
by Bingo
Btw who does the Twitter - Peter Mandleson?
We were unlucky and afc Fylde were good - and the red card changed the game - get real
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:45 pm
by The Real Slim Azza
Bingo wrote:Btw who does the Twitter - Peter Mandleson?
We were unlucky and afc Fylde were good - and the red card changed the game - get real
Our club twitter is controlled by a girl who goes to sixth form and helps out the odd time on matchdays
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:11 pm
by barrowfan_chris
And Matt dodd also does it a former member of this forum and Bingo.
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:33 pm
by blue nige
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:47 pm
by mickmike wilson
Edmo might be frustrated but I was embarrassed trying to explain to Texas Soccer fans that my club was again knocked out by lower league clubs no one has heard of

Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:18 pm
by Bingo
Edmo blaming the sending off in the non league paper if he really believes that then it's time to go
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:28 pm
by mickmike wilson
Fylde fans see what you lot see.
"We're once again into the first round proper. I was expecting a tougher game, thought they would of kicked on from last season. We dominated throughout with very little threat from them. Surprised they're still playing the long ball tactic but it must work for them in the league above. They lack serious quality and didn't have a single player that looked comfortable on the ball apart from their sub that came on at right wing.
>>>>>>>>>>
No one of their players would get in our team. Passed them to death. Great win and looking forward to the draw now".
>>>>>>>>>>>
"It was a brilliant win, especially as it wasn't our strongest line up with a few players missing".
>>>>>>>>>>>
We deserved to win today no doubt it could have been more and as said already they were really poor.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
I was surprised that barrow play still play long ball ball football champions. I've been on your forum and sounds like you all want the manager gone. Can't say I blame you I wouldn't pay to watch that. The young right winger that come on looked pretty good but bar him, to think they're all full time is staggering.

Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:17 pm
by whitty1969
mickmike wilson wrote:Fylde fans see what you lot see.
"We're once again into the first round proper. I was expecting a tougher game, thought they would of kicked on from last season. We dominated throughout with very little threat from them. Surprised they're still playing the long ball tactic but it must work for them in the league above. They lack serious quality and didn't have a single player that looked comfortable on the ball apart from their sub that came on at right wing.
>>>>>>>>>>
No one of their players would get in our team. Passed them to death. Great win and looking forward to the draw now".
>>>>>>>>>>>
"It was a brilliant win, especially as it wasn't our strongest line up with a few players missing".
>>>>>>>>>>>
We deserved to win today no doubt it could have been more and as said already they were really poor.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
I was surprised that barrow play still play long ball ball football champions. I've been on your forum and sounds like you all want the manager gone. Can't say I blame you I wouldn't pay to watch that. The young right winger that come on looked pretty good but bar him, to think they're all full time is staggering.

Can't argue with any of them comments
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:19 pm
by The Tomahawk Kid
boyliegladbach wrote:They are a bit of a joke of a club though. I was chatting to one of there deluded fans who is convinced they will get 1000s going to this new ground. We went past that new ground they are building, seems like a waste of money.
Why when the opposition keeper has the ball do we all retreat to half way and allow teams to just play out.
I can recall a few occasions where baker just ran back and got the ball off the goalkeeper in his area and brought it out unchallenged until he got to half way.
Interesting...
I recently read the book by Harry Rednapp: 'A Man Walks On To A Football Pitch'. He stated that most teams, these days, simply have their goalie hoof the ball up the park. He was bemoaning the lack of defenders who can 'play a bit'. If your comment was related to AFC Fylde - they must have a talented defence!
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:29 pm
by The Tomahawk Kid
Pedro wrote:A total disgrace , no pride no passion and if Cookie is out we will be in big trouble.
If this was the case it reminds me of Gigg Lane when FC United knocked us out! Some things NEVER change...
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:51 pm
by boyliegladbach
The Tomahawk Kid wrote:boyliegladbach wrote:They are a bit of a joke of a club though. I was chatting to one of there deluded fans who is convinced they will get 1000s going to this new ground. We went past that new ground they are building, seems like a waste of money.
Why when the opposition keeper has the ball do we all retreat to half way and allow teams to just play out.
I can recall a few occasions where baker just ran back and got the ball off the goalkeeper in his area and brought it out unchallenged until he got to half way.
Interesting...
I recently read the book by Harry Rednapp: 'A Man Walks On To A Football Pitch'. He stated that most teams, these days, simply have their goalie hoof the ball up the park. He was bemoaning the lack of defenders who can 'play a bit'. If your comment was related to AFC Fylde - they must have a talented defence!
We do it all the time, look at wellings goal last week, (can't put link up) keepers gets it, we don't close him down, he gives it to right back who goes unchallenged then they score.
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:29 pm
by redboy
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:35 pm
by redboy
cuffy wrote:Having been to only three away games this season I must have picked three very bad ones. Yesterday was beyond poor. I can stand and watch our team get beat but get beat without showing any passion and desire is something I cannot watch. There were of course a few players that were exempt from my last statement. The sending off was correct, Pilks looks like a player who doesn't want to be with us anymore. Haworth yesterday was he actually on the pitch? Ant Wilson unfortunately is a liability and I feel sorry for the lad as I think his injuries will hamper the rest of his career. When Cookie took a knock why the hell did Edmo not have him subbed straight away instead he left him struggling for ten minutes before he did. As many have said on other threads where would we be without him I just hope by keeping him on the clueless manager has made it worse. Best part of the day was bringing Young Newby on he actually changed the game in our favour, what are we supporters able to see that our manager can't. As for Grimes and van der dog [SwearFilter] well they wouldn't get into my Sunday league fantasy team! We have had some good times under Edmo but it is clearly obvious he has reached his level and taken us as far as he is able. I for one will not venture to another away game whilst he is in charge. It is quite clear that Edmo needs to replaced by a manager that can give us passionate supporters a team to cheer and follow as we are now fans will be leaving us in droves. My season ticket doesn't feel like a very good idea of mine, as I'm sure if I was paying I would find something else to do until you Mr Edmondson have gone. Anyone want to by a season ticket it's going cheap.
how much will it coast to get rid