Harrogate v Barrow match thread

A forum for previous match threads.
russell_anderson
Platinum Member
Posts: 2880
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Harrogate v Barrow match thread

Post by russell_anderson » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:59 am

Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:30 am
russell_anderson wrote: ↑Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:07 pm We will see who is blind or nuts at the end of theseason, SB. Let's hope it's me and not you!
Russ I know you only have the best intentions fior BAFC and like me have the benefit of age, wisdom and memory of past seasons. And the next unforeseen mess is always just around the corner. But I saw enough even in defeat at Stevenage to convince me that in certain aspects we were much superior to last season.

Even as a sceptic I think we’ll be a slow burner this season as long as Cooper stays.
Hope you're right!

Big E
Gold Member
Posts: 1861
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:05 am
Contact:

Re: Harrogate v Barrow match thread

Post by Big E » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:40 pm

McMark wrote: ↑Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:36 pm
Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:15 pm My perspective is a little different. For me comparisons with last season are a bit of an illusion. I see last year as a total write-off. As near to a disaster as was possible without being relegated. We had a mid table budget and damn near blew it. No consistent strategy, badly constructed squad, thank God for Rob Kelly who managed to put the bits of several jigsaws together to produce something that worked. I’m surprised that more players didn’t leave. We were a collective shambles.

Anybody that thinks we are not now a better unit or squad is either blind or nuts. The truth is as MC has hinted we have lost a seasons development. We are starting again. Don’t expect miracles just progress. For those that see our form as bottom 4 currently just get a grip. And perhaps take a closer look at some of the dross around us
Agree some people need to put things into perspective on here!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I thought you'd know better by now :-D

User avatar
Sea Dog Sam
Bronze Member
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Harrogate v Barrow match thread

Post by Sea Dog Sam » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:04 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:31 pm
Jonty wrote: ↑Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:21 pm That was a horrible ball for the keeper to deal with coming down almost vertical and he has misjudged it.
Absolutely right Jonty.

I think he’s being judged a bit too harshly on that goal, the deflection height and spin of the ball with quite heavy rain dropping vertically into his face cant have helped.
I wasn't judging him on the first goal. He should have saved their second too. However, as I said in my initial post, I consider him a better keeper than Dixon and that he was maybe having an off day?
Shiver Me Timbers


Middleton Nick
Platinum Member
Posts: 3548
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
Contact:

Re: Harrogate v Barrow match thread

Post by Middleton Nick » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:53 pm

McMark wrote: ↑Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:28 pm Well done all;😊 https://www.barrowafc.com/news/2021/aug ... ague-game/
Agreed. Great gesture.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests