Page 12 of 12
Re: Solihull v Barrow match thread
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:40 pm
by Mulholland Drive
the_city_of_urswick wrote:Steelworks End wrote:Have to say that, in my mind, Barrow's first goal has to go down as an own goal; it wouldn't have gone in had Breedon not - rather unfortunately for him - got his body in the way of the ball.
Our second, I'm not sure crossed the line; maybe the officials thought that it made up for a first half attempt that the home 'keeper was adjudged to have blocked on the line? Sixties goal-line technology (a Russian linesman) at its best?
Yep definitely an own goal for the first , and the ball did cross the line for the second (well done to the linesman for that as it was cleared straight away and most officials at this level would have played on)
The Non-League Paper today has a photo of Andy Cook's goal which shows the ball clearly over the line. I was standing on the other side at the match and it looked as though it did not.
Re: Solihull v Barrow match thread
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:50 pm
by Kieran
Mulholland Drive wrote:the_city_of_urswick wrote:
Yep definitely an own goal for the first , and the ball did cross the line for the second (well done to the linesman for that as it was cleared straight away and most officials at this level would have played on)
The Non-League Paper today has a photo of Andy Cook's goal which shows the ball clearly over the line. I was standing on the other side at the match and it looked as though it did not.
Thank god for that, me and the liner seemed to be the only ones in the ground who could see it was over as everyone else didn't think it was. There was no doubt about it.
Re: Solihull v Barrow match thread
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:47 pm
by McMark
Appears that bit of luck you need on the road has returned! A brilliant result and top of the league with two home games on the bounce, great news!
Re: Solihull v Barrow match thread
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:29 pm
by K-Man
Kie I don't have the paper to hand but it was well over lad.
Re: Solihull v Barrow match thread
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:37 pm
by boyliegladbach
Just watched highlights, I'm quite glad there 3rd went in as it looks like grand tried to throw his arm at it to stop it. And that means he probably would have been sent ofg
Could be wrong though.
Re: Solihull v Barrow match thread
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:12 am
by John Very Little
spirit of 1990 wrote:I hope the attendace next week reflects what's happening on (& off) the pitch. It's alway's lower on Saturdays than Tuesdays but can we expect 1600+? lets hope so.
On the point about the attendance I've seen a few comments like the above and even mention 2000 on facebook but I think that's way OTT. So far this season the number of Barrow fans attending the 3 home games is approx 1440, 1285 & 1380. Lots of extra people aren't just gonna turn up for a bog standard league game on a Saturday just because we've gone top of the league (unless some get free tickets).
Quite a few don't attend because they play local football on a Saturday, around 15 of the choir are away (plus some of their mates may not go as a result), many were alienated last season and haven't returned etc. I know its usual to talk the attendance up but I think the club need to be realistic about the crowds they're gonna get as saying we'll get way above what they'll actually get will make them look stupid. I think more people will return gradually rather than all at once and there is a limit as to how many will watch Conf North football on a regular basis.
Re: Solihull v Barrow match thread
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:14 am
by barrowfan_chris
Agree tidds no way will we get 2000.
Re: Solihull v Barrow match thread
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:48 am
by spirit of 1990
John Very Little wrote:spirit of 1990 wrote:I hope the attendace next week reflects what's happening on (& off) the pitch. It's alway's lower on Saturdays than Tuesdays but can we expect 1600+? lets hope so.
On the point about the attendance I've seen a few comments like the above and even mention 2000 on facebook but I think that's way OTT. So far this season the number of Barrow fans attending the 3 home games is approx 1440, 1285 & 1380. Lots of extra people aren't just gonna turn up for a bog standard league game on a Saturday just because we've gone top of the league (unless some get free tickets).
Quite a few don't attend because they play local football on a Saturday, around 15 of the choir are away (plus some of their mates may not go as a result), many were alienated last season and haven't returned etc. I know its usual to talk the attendance up but I think the club need to be realistic about the crowds they're gonna get as saying we'll get way above what they'll actually get will make them look stupid. I think more people will return gradually rather than all at once and there is a limit as to how many will watch Conf North football on a regular basis.
Probably the reason why I put "let's hope so"
1600 might be pushing it for a Saturday game at the moment but if we carry on like we are I don't think it's too far off or unrealistic, 2000 is though!
Re: Solihull v Barrow match thread
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:49 am
by Shaun
Anyone got a link to any video highlights please?
Re: Solihull v Barrow match thread
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:05 pm
by Steeley
Re: Solihull v Barrow match thread
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:36 pm
by Shaun
Brilliant, thanks.
Our last goal was a peach too.
Re: Solihull v Barrow match thread
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:51 am
by spirit of 1990
Sloppy defending from us with their second & third.
Ellisons was a cracker.
Re: Solihull v Barrow match thread
Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:29 pm
by spirit of 1990
John Very Little wrote:spirit of 1990 wrote:I hope the attendace next week reflects what's happening on (& off) the pitch. It's alway's lower on Saturdays than Tuesdays but can we expect 1600+? lets hope so.
On the point about the attendance I've seen a few comments like the above and even mention 2000 on facebook but I think that's way OTT. So far this season the number of Barrow fans attending the 3 home games is approx 1440, 1285 & 1380. Lots of extra people aren't just gonna turn up for a bog standard league game on a Saturday just because we've gone top of the league (unless some get free tickets).
Quite a few don't attend because they play local football on a Saturday, around 15 of the choir are away (plus some of their mates may not go as a result), many were alienated last season and haven't returned etc. I know its usual to talk the attendance up but I think the club need to be realistic about the crowds they're gonna get as saying we'll get way above what they'll actually get will make them look stupid. I think more people will return gradually rather than all at once and there is a limit as to how many will watch Conf North football on a regular basis.
Not really too much OTT in the end John

Re: Solihull v Barrow match thread
Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:19 pm
by McMark
Looking for how many away supporters went to the Solihull game and also the Harrogate game, a rough idea give or take 1 either side will do
