Page 14 of 20
Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:55 pm
by McMark
Thanks The Cats Whiskers, we were the dogs bo llocks tonight! Thank you litefoot and EastDerehamO, absolutely made up for everyone involved in the club
Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:01 pm
by blue nige
haven't slept well after games recently and now I think I'll be restless again

,I think after the wait for promotion and now this season I think I need therapy!
Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:02 pm
by holkerboy
blue nige wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:01 pm
haven't slept well after games recently and now I think I'll be restless again

,I think after the wait for promotion and now this season I think I need therapy!
Liquid therapy I trust!

Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:05 pm
by Mark Johnson
Funny how all fans are the same. Forest Green fans saying they won't reach playoffs since they can't see where their next win will come from. Many here were saying we wouldn't get a single point in 3 games and we've got 3 points in a single game! Gotta love football fans haha
Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:05 pm
by Pedro
Listened to one of the Barrow Panel saying they were not sure about Rob Kelly getting the job.
People need to remember he has stepped in twice and steered us to safety..
He does not want the job but I hope he will stay as a coach once Neil McDonald takes over.
Irrespective of what happens he is a decent honest person .
Listening to Chris Beech after the game he needs to talk to the samaritans.
Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:06 pm
by vialli 9
Incredible.... really hope the fans are allowed in next season. Probably win our last two games and finish mid table!
It’s not easy supporting BarrowAFC.
Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:07 pm
by andyg
After seeing the team sheet come out was a little surprised at the make up of the side. However, the comments from people bordered on idiotic. Made by people who know nothing about football at this level. Questioning a true football man like Rob Kelly is naive (I could use stronger language but I'm in a pretty good mood tonight). He saw how FGR play and constructed a team capable of upsetting them and we did. That's not to say it always work otherwise he'd be the greatest football manager in history. But he gets more things right than wrong and in this crazy season he has performed nothing short on a miracle.
Think about it we had to wait forever to be announced champions then lost our manager, appointment mistakes were made, no fans bar three games (I was a lucky one seeing the Cheltenham game), fear of not seeing the team in the EFL after 48 years in the wilderness, agony of losing so many games by one goal and then tonight.
Not sure which is the greater achievement getting into the EFL or staying in the EFL for another season?
Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:10 pm
by andyg
Pedro wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:05 pm
Listened to one of the Barrow Panel saying they were not sure about Rob Kelly getting the job.
People need to remember he has stepped in twice and steered us to safety..
He does not want the job but I hope he will stay as a coach once Neil McDonald takes over.
Irrespective of what happens he is a decent honest person .
Listening to Chris Beech after the game he needs to talk to the samaritans.
Just asking you Pedro. You really know RK doesn't want the job? If he doesn't hope he's no 2 because that's where he has done most of his work in his managerial career.
Agree with Chris Beech he really does need help but he's always like that never gives other teams any credit and they are always unlucky.
Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:11 pm
by MisterPleasant
I've cracked open a brand new Bunnahabhein. As warming and spirit-lifting as the result. Back to Holker Street next season.
Slainte Mhatha from Scotland.
Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:12 pm
by Methuselah
Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:12 pm
by RedWeb
Pedro wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:05 pm
He does not want the job but I hope he will stay as a coach once
Neil McDonald takes over.
Takes over what?
Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:13 pm
by Mark Johnson
Are we all having a Whisky. OK then. I have a Japanese Whisky called Suntory
Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:14 pm
by RedWeb
MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:11 pm
Slainte Mhatha from Scotland.
Slàinte mhath, mo charaid (no a)

Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:20 pm
by Bakewell Blue
Fantastic night, really strong and committed team performance - feels wrong to pick out anyone, but I love Jason Taylor’s passion and sheer determination - also a big hand to Joel Dixon and Quigs for sticking with it all season even when things haven’t gone smoothly. I was 15 when we were “deselected” in 1972 and to be honest BAFC went off my radar until 2008 (Stalybridge at Burton) as I haven’t lived in Barrow since the late 70s. However, it’s been an obsession since! It’s a shame we might not get to see Barrow at whatever Bolton’s ground is called this week, but there is a possibility (albeit slight) that Wigan might join us. I was at Bristol Rovers for that FA cup win when Byron Harrison was at his best, so that will be a good one to revisit. Also saw Don Rogers with Swindon at Holker Street in the 70s. Lots to look forward to!
Re: Forest Green Rovers v Barrow match thread
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:21 pm
by Matty
Delighted to see my earlier posts couldn't be more wrong! They were outstanding tonight 1-11. Been a rollercoaster season and glad to see it have a good ending. Roll on next season and a true first season back in the league.