Absolutely dead right in every paragraph. The doom and gloom handful are only guessing about things they suggest are facts. You know who you are. Show support for the club and get behind each person who is trying to do their best. Prospective players might read this forum, and if they read a mass of negativity about the club it might just put them off signing.Bingo wrote:Change the record Pedro
If Casson walked tomorrow we would be gone in 3 months even if he left us debt free the club couldn't afford to pay the wages
You and others call for us to be sustainable then moan we aren't spending enough -
Will you step up when we reform in the north west counties or will you be on sidelines moaning
The truth is all managers at all clubs want more money to spend and all chairman want to spend less
I'm happy to wait for the floodlights and gradual ground improvements
As fans Barrow fans and Barrow People are quite negative doom and gloom merchants - just enjoy the ride most of us will be dead in 50 years anyway
Floodlights Update
-
Hitthebar22
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
- Contact:
Re: Floodlights Update
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Floodlights Update
Thems sentences they is.Hitthebar22 wrote:Absolutely dead right in every paragraph.Bingo wrote:Change the record Pedro
If Casson walked tomorrow we would be gone in 3 months even if he left us debt free the club couldn't afford to pay the wages
You and others call for us to be sustainable then moan we aren't spending enough -
Will you step up when we reform in the north west counties or will you be on sidelines moaning
The truth is all managers at all clubs want more money to spend and all chairman want to spend less
I'm happy to wait for the floodlights and gradual ground improvements
As fans Barrow fans and Barrow People are quite negative doom and gloom merchants - just enjoy the ride most of us will be dead in 50 years anyway
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
Re: Floodlights Update
You are free to criticize me .Hitthebar22 wrote:Absolutely dead right in every paragraph. The doom and gloom handful are only guessing about things they suggest are facts. You know who you are. Show support for the club and get behind each person who is trying to do their best. Prospective players might read this forum, and if they read a mass of negativity about the club it might just put them off signing.Bingo wrote:Change the record Pedro
If Casson walked tomorrow we would be gone in 3 months even if he left us debt free the club couldn't afford to pay the wages
You and others call for us to be sustainable then moan we aren't spending enough -
Will you step up when we reform in the north west counties or will you be on sidelines moaning
The truth is all managers at all clubs want more money to spend and all chairman want to spend less
I'm happy to wait for the floodlights and gradual ground improvements
As fans Barrow fans and Barrow People are quite negative doom and gloom merchants - just enjoy the ride most of us will be dead in 50 years anyway
Would I help the club in anyway I can if Casson leaves.
I've come home from Morecambe to watch Barrow Reserves in the Northern Floodlight league in 70s
I've done sponsored walk like many others in aid of the soccer.
I kicked every ball when watching Barrow avoid relegation only to be demoted by the Conference after the Vaughan mess.
Why did Casson not help then?
Has Paul Cassons made the club sustainable?
Will it survive if he leaves?or is it a ego trip turning sour.
What's the Commercial set up returning?
Has he brought better players in for those released or sold.
Why can we not get things done in a reasonable time i.e floodlights.
Milestones need to be set ,lights installed,ground improvements
So will I be here not giving up after 50 years of support.
He bought a asset with promises to improve but yes we are surviving but has he made us sustainable?
Re: Floodlights Update
Just because you were once a loyal fan doesn't give you the right to be a [SwearFilter] now - that's not how life works.Pedro wrote:You are free to criticize me .Hitthebar22 wrote:
Absolutely dead right in every paragraph. The doom and gloom handful are only guessing about things they suggest are facts. You know who you are. Show support for the club and get behind each person who is trying to do their best. Prospective players might read this forum, and if they read a mass of negativity about the club it might just put them off signing.
Would I help the club in anyway I can if Casson leaves.
I've come home from Morecambe to watch Barrow Reserves in the Northern Floodlight league in 70s
I've done sponsored walk like many others in aid of the soccer.
I kicked every ball when watching Barrow avoid relegation only to be demoted by the Conference after the Vaughan mess.
Why did Casson not help then?
Has Paul Cassons made the club sustainable?
Will it survive if he leaves?or is it a ego trip turning sour.
What's the Commercial set up returning?
Has he brought better players in for those released or sold.
Why can we not get things done in a reasonable time i.e floodlights.
Milestones need to be set ,lights installed,ground improvements
So will I be here not giving up after 50 years of support.
He bought a asset with promises to improve but yes we are surviving but has he made us sustainable?
Why did Casson not help in the 90s? What a stupid question.
How long do you think it takes to make a club sustainable? Casson sure as hell never said it would be sustainable within four years. I'm not even sure he said he would at all, just that he'd like to or he'll aim to.
If you've got concerns, write to Casson - he's the only one who can answer your questions. I feel like I have to read the same post from you two or three times a day. You're a spammer.
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Floodlights Update
Disgusting use of language. No place and no need for it.Moribund wrote: You're a spammer.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
-
barrow-mike
- Senior Member
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 6:42 pm
- Location: barrow
Re: Floodlights Update
Good job my specs were handy I thought it read spannerMoribund wrote:Just because you were once a loyal fan doesn't give you the right to be a [SwearFilter] now - that's not how life works.Pedro wrote:
You are free to criticize me .
Would I help the club in anyway I can if Casson leaves.
I've come home from Morecambe to watch Barrow Reserves in the Northern Floodlight league in 70s
I've done sponsored walk like many others in aid of the soccer.
I kicked every ball when watching Barrow avoid relegation only to be demoted by the Conference after the Vaughan mess.
Why did Casson not help then?
Has Paul Cassons made the club sustainable?
Will it survive if he leaves?or is it a ego trip turning sour.
What's the Commercial set up returning?
Has he brought better players in for those released or sold.
Why can we not get things done in a reasonable time i.e floodlights.
Milestones need to be set ,lights installed,ground improvements
So will I be here not giving up after 50 years of support.
He bought a asset with promises to improve but yes we are surviving but has he made us sustainable?
Why did Casson not help in the 90s? What a stupid question.
How long do you think it takes to make a club sustainable? Casson sure as hell never said it would be sustainable within four years. I'm not even sure he said he would at all, just that he'd like to or he'll aim to.
If you've got concerns, write to Casson - he's the only one who can answer your questions. I feel like I have to read the same post from you two or three times a day. You're a spammer.
Re: Floodlights Update
Mmm. Spanner. Used for twisting nuts.
Come to think of it...
Come to think of it...
THE NORTHERN WAY
Re: Floodlights Update
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/barrow-a ... ea54f36-ds
So the delay was not the fault of the club management
So the delay was not the fault of the club management
Just say no to VAR 
-
urswick blue
- Member
- Posts: 222
- Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:21 pm
- Contact:
Re: Floodlights Update
Any news when work will restart on the floodlights?
Re: Floodlights Update
I think,it was said that they should be up and running come the Maidenhead game.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9884
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Floodlights Update
Will try and find out UB.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9884
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Floodlights Update
Work restarts next Monday and should take three weeks to fully complete and remove the old floodlights.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
-
urswick blue
- Member
- Posts: 222
- Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:21 pm
- Contact:
Re: Floodlights Update
spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:30 pmWork restarts next Monday and should take three weeks to fully complete and remove the old floodlights.
[/quot
Thanks Spirit. Thank you for helping with that.
Re: Floodlights Update
Will there be a picture taken when all 8 floodlights are up think it will be a good picture to sell in the club. Just a thought.spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:30 pmWork restarts next Monday and should take three weeks to fully complete and remove the old floodlights.
- Steelworks End
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Contact:
Re: Floodlights Update
Suggestion. Could the club (or the Trust) sell prints of the John Duffin paintings showing the soon to be no more old floodlights?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests