Page 18 of 30

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:08 am
by Hitthebar22
Bingo wrote:Change the record Pedro

If Casson walked tomorrow we would be gone in 3 months even if he left us debt free the club couldn't afford to pay the wages

You and others call for us to be sustainable then moan we aren't spending enough -

Will you step up when we reform in the north west counties or will you be on sidelines moaning

The truth is all managers at all clubs want more money to spend and all chairman want to spend less

I'm happy to wait for the floodlights and gradual ground improvements

As fans Barrow fans and Barrow People are quite negative doom and gloom merchants - just enjoy the ride most of us will be dead in 50 years anyway
Absolutely dead right in every paragraph. The doom and gloom handful are only guessing about things they suggest are facts. You know who you are. Show support for the club and get behind each person who is trying to do their best. Prospective players might read this forum, and if they read a mass of negativity about the club it might just put them off signing.

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:20 am
by The Real Slim Azza
Hitthebar22 wrote:
Bingo wrote:Change the record Pedro

If Casson walked tomorrow we would be gone in 3 months even if he left us debt free the club couldn't afford to pay the wages

You and others call for us to be sustainable then moan we aren't spending enough -

Will you step up when we reform in the north west counties or will you be on sidelines moaning

The truth is all managers at all clubs want more money to spend and all chairman want to spend less

I'm happy to wait for the floodlights and gradual ground improvements

As fans Barrow fans and Barrow People are quite negative doom and gloom merchants - just enjoy the ride most of us will be dead in 50 years anyway
Absolutely dead right in every paragraph.
Thems sentences they is.

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:03 am
by Pedro
Hitthebar22 wrote:
Bingo wrote:Change the record Pedro

If Casson walked tomorrow we would be gone in 3 months even if he left us debt free the club couldn't afford to pay the wages

You and others call for us to be sustainable then moan we aren't spending enough -

Will you step up when we reform in the north west counties or will you be on sidelines moaning

The truth is all managers at all clubs want more money to spend and all chairman want to spend less

I'm happy to wait for the floodlights and gradual ground improvements

As fans Barrow fans and Barrow People are quite negative doom and gloom merchants - just enjoy the ride most of us will be dead in 50 years anyway
Absolutely dead right in every paragraph. The doom and gloom handful are only guessing about things they suggest are facts. You know who you are. Show support for the club and get behind each person who is trying to do their best. Prospective players might read this forum, and if they read a mass of negativity about the club it might just put them off signing.
You are free to criticize me .
Would I help the club in anyway I can if Casson leaves.
I've come home from Morecambe to watch Barrow Reserves in the Northern Floodlight league in 70s
I've done sponsored walk like many others in aid of the soccer.
I kicked every ball when watching Barrow avoid relegation only to be demoted by the Conference after the Vaughan mess.
Why did Casson not help then?
Has Paul Cassons made the club sustainable?
Will it survive if he leaves?or is it a ego trip turning sour.
What's the Commercial set up returning?
Has he brought better players in for those released or sold.
Why can we not get things done in a reasonable time i.e floodlights.
Milestones need to be set ,lights installed,ground improvements
So will I be here not giving up after 50 years of support.
He bought a asset with promises to improve but yes we are surviving but has he made us sustainable?

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:30 pm
by Moribund
Pedro wrote:
Hitthebar22 wrote:
Absolutely dead right in every paragraph. The doom and gloom handful are only guessing about things they suggest are facts. You know who you are. Show support for the club and get behind each person who is trying to do their best. Prospective players might read this forum, and if they read a mass of negativity about the club it might just put them off signing.
You are free to criticize me .
Would I help the club in anyway I can if Casson leaves.
I've come home from Morecambe to watch Barrow Reserves in the Northern Floodlight league in 70s
I've done sponsored walk like many others in aid of the soccer.
I kicked every ball when watching Barrow avoid relegation only to be demoted by the Conference after the Vaughan mess.
Why did Casson not help then?
Has Paul Cassons made the club sustainable?
Will it survive if he leaves?or is it a ego trip turning sour.
What's the Commercial set up returning?
Has he brought better players in for those released or sold.
Why can we not get things done in a reasonable time i.e floodlights.
Milestones need to be set ,lights installed,ground improvements
So will I be here not giving up after 50 years of support.
He bought a asset with promises to improve but yes we are surviving but has he made us sustainable?
Just because you were once a loyal fan doesn't give you the right to be a [SwearFilter] now - that's not how life works.

Why did Casson not help in the 90s? What a stupid question.
How long do you think it takes to make a club sustainable? Casson sure as hell never said it would be sustainable within four years. I'm not even sure he said he would at all, just that he'd like to or he'll aim to.

If you've got concerns, write to Casson - he's the only one who can answer your questions. I feel like I have to read the same post from you two or three times a day. You're a spammer.

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:33 pm
by The Real Slim Azza
Moribund wrote: You're a spammer.
Disgusting use of language. No place and no need for it.

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:56 pm
by barrow-mike
Moribund wrote:
Pedro wrote:
You are free to criticize me .
Would I help the club in anyway I can if Casson leaves.
I've come home from Morecambe to watch Barrow Reserves in the Northern Floodlight league in 70s
I've done sponsored walk like many others in aid of the soccer.
I kicked every ball when watching Barrow avoid relegation only to be demoted by the Conference after the Vaughan mess.
Why did Casson not help then?
Has Paul Cassons made the club sustainable?
Will it survive if he leaves?or is it a ego trip turning sour.
What's the Commercial set up returning?
Has he brought better players in for those released or sold.
Why can we not get things done in a reasonable time i.e floodlights.
Milestones need to be set ,lights installed,ground improvements
So will I be here not giving up after 50 years of support.
He bought a asset with promises to improve but yes we are surviving but has he made us sustainable?
Just because you were once a loyal fan doesn't give you the right to be a [SwearFilter] now - that's not how life works.

Why did Casson not help in the 90s? What a stupid question.
How long do you think it takes to make a club sustainable? Casson sure as hell never said it would be sustainable within four years. I'm not even sure he said he would at all, just that he'd like to or he'll aim to.

If you've got concerns, write to Casson - he's the only one who can answer your questions. I feel like I have to read the same post from you two or three times a day. You're a spammer.
Good job my specs were handy I thought it read spanner :ugeek:

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:58 pm
by Hadrian
Mmm. Spanner. Used for twisting nuts.

Come to think of it...

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:28 pm
by Fazered
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/barrow-a ... ea54f36-ds

So the delay was not the fault of the club management

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 pm
by urswick blue
Any news when work will restart on the floodlights?

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:11 am
by mall
urswick blue wrote: ↑Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 pm Any news when work will restart on the floodlights?
I think,it was said that they should be up and running come the Maidenhead game.

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:21 pm
by spirit of 1990
urswick blue wrote: ↑Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 pm Any news when work will restart on the floodlights?
Will try and find out UB.

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:30 pm
by spirit of 1990
spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:21 pm
urswick blue wrote: ↑Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 pm Any news when work will restart on the floodlights?
Will try and find out UB.
Work restarts next Monday and should take three weeks to fully complete and remove the old floodlights.

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:06 pm
by urswick blue
spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:30 pm
spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:21 pm

Will try and find out UB.
Work restarts next Monday and should take three weeks to fully complete and remove the old floodlights.
[/quot
Thanks Spirit. Thank you for helping with that.

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:37 pm
by Dan_Buck
spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:30 pm
spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:21 pm

Will try and find out UB.
Work restarts next Monday and should take three weeks to fully complete and remove the old floodlights.
Will there be a picture taken when all 8 floodlights are up think it will be a good picture to sell in the club. Just a thought.

Re: Floodlights Update

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:08 pm
by Steelworks End
Suggestion. Could the club (or the Trust) sell prints of the John Duffin paintings showing the soon to be no more old floodlights?