Give over you joker!Arithonfleet wrote:A lot do watch their local team.
A lot have developed an affinity with the Fleet now though and are closer to them in terms of support than they are their local team.
When you put money into a club and play a part in its decision making then that affinity grows.
A lot left in the early days because they didn't really feel committed to the team but those that have remained are pretty much committed now.
We have fans all round the world that listen in to internet radio commentary and support the club by buying shirt replicas and "virtual" tickets so local kids can go to the match free in their stead.
I live in Leicester and used to be a Season ticket holder there but i'd rather watch lower league football to be honest. It is less dominated by big bucks and I enjoy it more.
I went to Barrow two seasons ago (bit of a trek) and will be there again in December.
It's an absolute circus, and anyone who tries to claim otherwise is embarrassing themselves.