Floodlights Update

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Locked
User avatar
Bigfathoss
Platinum Member
Posts: 2767
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by Bigfathoss » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:46 am

It seems the club are doing what they can but everyone just wants to pile on.
A=A
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.

Shaun
Gold Member
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by Shaun » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:35 pm

Whoever started this needs lamping.
"Walter, I'm sure there's a reason you brought your dirty undies..."

John_Bucks
Gold Member
Posts: 2368
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 am
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by John_Bucks » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:03 pm

Lux sake, this is ridiculous
Life is always better when it's better

capman
Bronze Member
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:19 am
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by capman » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:18 pm

I when past the club to day a few times and did not sea any movemet with the floodlights we were told last week that they were getting start this Monday I thought I now do not Believe Anything that The club says Anymore
Noto Brexit 🤪🤪

Atlee
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 2:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by Atlee » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:30 pm

capman wrote: ↑Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:18 pm I when past the club to day a few times and did not sea any movemet with the floodlights we were told last week that they were getting start this Monday I thought I now do not Believe Anything that The club says Anymore
I don't get the pun...

User avatar
PRR
Gold Member
Posts: 1677
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by PRR » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:36 pm

capman wrote: ↑Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:18 pm I when past the club to day a few times and did not sea any movemet with the floodlights we were told last week that they were getting start this Monday I thought I now do not Believe Anything that The club says Anymore
Any update from the club on this? Did the work start? If not why has it been delayed again?
I wanna take you to an Away Bar

urswick blue
Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by urswick blue » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:38 pm

Please can someone at the club say when the floodlights will be erected. Next week, next month, next season. Can we have a definite date?

Jo am back
Bronze Member
Posts: 951
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by Jo am back » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:16 pm

urswick blue wrote: ↑Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:38 pm Please can someone at the club say when the floodlights will be erected. Next week, next month, next season. Can we have a definite date?
Dont take this the wrong way,but would it really change your life,change anything if they did.Is it your not sleeping cos its on your mind all the time.Why would a date mean anything too you.

bigmac95
Bronze Member
Posts: 950
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:06 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by bigmac95 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:33 pm

Jo am back wrote: ↑Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:16 pm
urswick blue wrote: ↑Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:38 pm Please can someone at the club say when the floodlights will be erected. Next week, next month, next season. Can we have a definite date?
Dont take this the wrong way,but would it really change your life,change anything if they did.Is it your not sleeping cos its on your mind all the time.Why would a date mean anything too you.
I think it's a question of competency - if the club can't get this right, and I mean giving a tangible date then what faith should we have when it comes to the big decisions like whether to sack a manager or hire one, whether to sign a player or not - you get my drift!
And on the 7th day god created football

Jo am back
Bronze Member
Posts: 951
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by Jo am back » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:37 am

bigmac95 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:33 pm
Jo am back wrote: ↑Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:16 pm

Dont take this the wrong way,but would it really change your life,change anything if they did.Is it your not sleeping cos its on your mind all the time.Why would a date mean anything too you.
I think it's a question of competency - if the club can't get this right, and I mean giving a tangible date then what faith should we have when it comes to the big decisions like whether to sack a manager or hire one, whether to sign a player or not - you get my drift!
I undertand exactly what your drifting,so if you decide that the club are incompetent and unable to make these decisions,what then do you do,stop supporting.

urswick blue
Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by urswick blue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:59 am

I would never say the club are incompetent. I have supported them since 1972. Through thick and thin, home and away, and I would never stop supporting them.

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:08 am

urswick blue wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:59 am I would never say the club are incompetent. I have supported them since 1972. Through thick and thin, home and away, and I would never stop supporting them.
Why not? Do you think the clubs been well run since 1972?
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

urswick blue
Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by urswick blue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:28 am

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:08 am
urswick blue wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:59 am I would never say the club are incompetent. I have supported them since 1972. Through thick and thin, home and away, and I would never stop supporting them.
Why not? Do you think the clubs been well run since 1972?
Every club makes mistakes even Fylde. But I believe they are genuine mistakes, not done with malice or incompleteness unless your SV. I would not say Bill McCullough, Brian Keen or Paul Casson were incompetent.

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:36 am

urswick blue wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:28 am
The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:08 am

Why not? Do you think the clubs been well run since 1972?
Every club makes mistakes even Fylde. But I believe they are genuine mistakes, not done with malice or incompleteness unless your SV. I would not say Bill McCullough, Brian Keen or Paul Casson were incompetent.
I feel sorry for the Keens. They really struggled through and picked up the pieces when it all went to shit. There is probably a lot they wanted to do but couldn't due to financial constraints. I wouldn't mind seeing Tony Keen back in some kind of role. Him having the knowledge of the club coupled with someone who has ran a football league club before would do well. I think Cassons running out of family/friends to come over here.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

urswick blue
Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Floodlights Update

Post by urswick blue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:50 am

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:36 am
urswick blue wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:28 am Every club makes mistakes even [SwearFilter]. But I believe they are genuine mistakes, not done with malice or incompleteness unless your SV. I would not say Bill McCullough, Brian Keen or Paul Casson were incompetent.
I feel sorry for the Keens. They really struggled through and picked up the pieces when it all went to shit. There is probably a lot they wanted to do but couldn't due to financial constraints. I wouldn't mind seeing Tony Keen back in some kind of role. Him having the knowledge of the club coupled with someone who has ran a football league club before would do well. I think Cassons running out of family/friends to come over here.
I have nothing wrong to say about the Casson, but it's a good shout about Tony Keen. He would be a great asset.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tony and 22 guests