Page 22 of 30
Re: Floodlights Update
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:38 am
by bigmac95
Jo am back wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:37 am
bigmac95 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:33 pm
I think it's a question of competency - if the club can't get this right, and I mean giving a tangible date then what faith should we have when it comes to the big decisions like whether to sack a manager or hire one, whether to sign a player or not - you get my drift!
I undertand exactly what your drifting,so if you decide that the club are incompetent and unable to make these decisions,what then do you do,stop supporting.
Absolutely not - what is the obsession with "like it or lump it". I don't think I could ever stop supporting my home town team but I can find fault, I can critize and I can strive for it to improve. The minute we all sit there and stop striving for the club to be better is the day the club will die!
Re: Floodlights Update
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:10 am
by mall
bigmac95 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:38 am
Jo am back wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:37 am
I undertand exactly what your drifting,so if you decide that the club are incompetent and unable to make these decisions,what then do you do,stop supporting.
Absolutely not - what is the obsession with "like it or lump it". I don't think I could ever stop supporting my home town team but I can find fault, I can critize and I can strive for it to improve. The minute we all sit there and stop striving for the club to be better is the day the club will die!
+1
Re: Floodlights Update
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:20 am
by mark webb
Some good news, just drove past and the new poles are satin a wagon outside the soccer bar
Re: Floodlights Update
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:24 am
by boyliegladbach
mark webb wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:20 am
Some good news, just drove past and the new poles are satin a wagon outside the soccer bar
Setting up a car wash?
Re: Floodlights Update
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:45 am
by Alley_Cat
boyliegladbach wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:24 am
mark webb wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:20 am
Some good news, just drove past and the new poles are satin a wagon outside the soccer bar
Setting up a car wash?
There's a picture on twitter
Re: Floodlights Update
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:44 pm
by Backofthenet
mark webb wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:20 am
Some good news, just drove past and the new poles are satin a wagon outside the soccer bar
I was hoping for gloss.
Re: Floodlights Update
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:12 pm
by mall
boyliegladbach wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:24 am
mark webb wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:20 am
Some good news, just drove past and the new poles are satin a wagon outside the soccer bar
Setting up a car wash?
No, a fish and chip shop.
Re: Floodlights Update
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:49 pm
by saltcellar
We have just received a delivery at the FBSS. Wonder what they could be?
https://t.co/hOIwB62fh4
Re: Floodlights Update
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:37 pm
by Cubbins Paratrooper
Excellent. Very good news indeed. Anybody who has had to deal with business suppliers will know how frustrating delays in supply chains can be, especially if, as you have to, plan around given dates and then find, through no fault of your own, there is drag. Such realities are tough and hard though ultimately, have to be managed in a way that the business sees fit in any given circumstances. However, this visual step forward at least means that the Neg Brigade can and should move on and indulge itself in some other area of the Club that takes its immediate fancy.

Re: Floodlights Update
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:49 pm
by The Real Slim Azza
Cubbins Paratrooper wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:37 pm
Excellent. Very good news indeed. Anybody who has had to deal with business suppliers will know how frustrating delays in supply chains can be, especially if, as you have to, plan around given dates and then find, through no fault of your own, there is drag. Such realities are tough and hard though ultimately, have to be managed in a way that the business sees fit in any given circumstances. However, this visual step forward at least means that the Neg Brigade can and should move on and indulge itself in some other area of the Club that takes its immediate fancy.
Only taken 2 years to get them from ideas stage to the ground like.
Re: Floodlights Update
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:16 pm
by DaveP
Brilliant isn't it; I thought it would have taken a lot longer.
Great work by the club.
Re: Floodlights Update
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:10 pm
by Fartvs Antiqvvs
The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:49 pm
Cubbins Paratrooper wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:37 pm
Excellent. Very good news indeed. Anybody who has had to deal with business suppliers will know how frustrating delays in supply chains can be, especially if, as you have to, plan around given dates and then find, through no fault of your own, there is drag. Such realities are tough and hard though ultimately, have to be managed in a way that the business sees fit in any given circumstances. However, this visual step forward at least means that the Neg Brigade can and should move on and indulge itself in some other area of the Club that takes its immediate fancy.
Only taken 2 years to get them from ideas stage to the ground like.
Right on Slim. The Spanish contractors could do the Big-Ben job within a month.

Re: Floodlights Update
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:02 pm
by The Real Slim Azza
DaveP wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:16 pm
Brilliant isn't it; I thought it would have taken a lot longer.
Great work by the club.
Longer than 2 years?!
Re: Floodlights Update
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:58 pm
by mall
they will be the best floodlights in cumbria.
Re: Floodlights Update
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:23 pm
by swbluebird
Lux like well never know