Page 28 of 53
Re: Re: Re: New Manager
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:15 pm
by Uncle Peter
barrowfan wrote:Uncle Peter wrote:
It is possible the new manager could be there, although a lot of factors come into this so it might not be possible.
So the board has made a decision then?
Not as yet, hence why its only a possibility.
Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Re: New Manager
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:49 pm
by Richard Ingham
Cokey wrote:Good luck for that training session on Thursday. The forecast is heavy rain and 70 MPH wind!
That is maybe why the requested it, so this years crop can get used to "normal" winter conditions in Barrow!!!
Re: New Manager
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:45 pm
by SKIPPER
Know it might upset a few people on here but it could be that the new manager would have been at training anyway if you get my drift !
Re: New Manager
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:19 pm
by barrowfan
Interviews taking place today I gather.
Re: New Manager
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:42 pm
by Jonty
Get the candidates announced and let's hear what they have to say? why do we have to speculate who has / hasn't applied.
Re: New Manager
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:48 pm
by Reg
I'm stunned that people still don't know who is on the shortlist.
It's been an open secret for a little while now.
Re: New Manager
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:51 pm
by McMark
Jonty wrote:Get the candidates announced and let's hear what they have to say? why do we have to speculate who has / hasn't applied.
Because that would be a breach of confidentiality of all the guys that have applied Jonty!
Re: New Manager
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:54 pm
by K-Man
ant wrote:KHayman wrote:I wont be watching any home games if Meechan gets the job.
even if were winning every one in style..ridiculous statement.

We wont though. I don't think they will, we need a clean break from the old management. Don't forget it was Meechan who signed a lot of the players who have got us where we are so far. We've got 3 points from 12 had 2 good cup wins and got knocked out by bamber bridge. I think we need someone with a bit of experience at the moment, I mean I could get behind say Henney or Jonah because of what they've done for us. Meechan has done nothing tbh. It would also be the easy choice by the BOD thats another reason why.
Re: New Manager
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:26 pm
by Leo
Reg wrote:I'm stunned that people still don't know who is on the shortlist.
It's been an open secret for a little while now.
If its so obvious, you may as well post it on here I guess
Re: New Manager
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:41 pm
by spirit of 1990
Leo wrote:Reg wrote:I'm stunned that people still don't know who is on the shortlist.
It's been an open secret for a little while now.
If its so obvious, you may as well post it on here I guess
1/Out of work experienced manager.
2/Young(ish) manager doing ok in the game.
3/Inexperienced manager.
4/Manager whose team play dire football.
5/Out of work experienced manager.
1 or 5 for me please

Re: New Manager
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:02 pm
by Ziggerzagger
Daren Edmonson in Barrow today,thats all im saying on that one--not happy if hes come for interview.
Re: New Manager
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:15 pm
by spirit of 1990
Ziggerzagger wrote:Daren Edmonson in Barrow today,thats all im saying on that one--not happy if hes come for interview.
Don't know if it was a coincidence but our rather odd friends from up the coast had the Champagne & bunting out this afternoon.
Re: New Manager
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:06 pm
by barrowaberdeen
Wouldn't be a disaster IMO.
Knows the league.
Closer to home, just.
Never had much money and the only time our six fingered sons of toil had any investement did not too bad.
I would prefer Henney, but I am sick of folk from Manc or Liverpool and want somethign different.
Re: New Manager
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:29 pm
by barrowfan_chris
I am guessing he is the favourite at the moment don't let what he has done up the coast recently put you off. Lets remember he got them to the play-offs and the semi final of the FAT.
Who knows with our bigger budget and the fact he lives local could be a good thing.
Would still prefer Gary Lowe though.
Re: New Manager
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:32 pm
by Big E
2 interviewed tonight & 2 tomorrow I believe? - Meeks and Scott Redhead watching U18 training at Furness College as well tonight.