Billy waters
-
Big_Bluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1398
- Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Billy waters
Wild not appy
- Van Der Nipper
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2886
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:49 pm
- Contact:
Re: Billy waters
Aye doesn't sound happy with Wrexham.
ISC in the community liason officer-since 7th April 2009
Re: Billy waters
Just poor choice of words Adam. By "released", I meant "accepted the offer and let him go".
Re: Billy waters
Wonder if Wild is unhappy with Wrexham or Barrow allowing Waters to go?
Re: Billy waters
Wouldn't expect anything good from them, literally doing a Salford and buying up a pool of the best players on massive wages to make their Disney show a success and shine up the owners egos, everything wrong with modern football.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9884
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Billy waters
That’s exactly how I see it, just covering themselves for any possible emergencies.32mile_cul-de-sac wrote: ↑Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:55 am A player probably on the move anyway at the end of the season so to get money for him is a bonus, good luck Billy. Wrexham looking to bolster there squad for the run in.
Billy was a trier and seemed a decent lad but I’d have been disappointed if I heard PW say he was in our plans for next season.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5249
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: Billy waters
Pete Wild certainly is not a happy bunny:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fbgm31
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fbgm31
Don't let the old man in.
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8337
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
-
Methuselah
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm
- Contact:
Re: Billy waters
Having just listened to his interview it sounds like Pete Wild hasn,t even been involved with Billy Walters moving to Wrexham,which I find a bit surprising.I would have thought Billy would have have mentioned what he was proposing to do to Pete,but obviously not.This after Pete gave him a second chance by bringing him to Barrow when he was on the point of giving up football.I think Billy has been disrespectful to Pete and has some explaining to do after going behind his back.There is also something wrong with the directors if they have not involved Pete in the process.Can we have a little more open communication between the board and the manager in future so we don,t have a manager trying to manage with one hand tied behind his back.It sounds as though now our club is numerically safe from relegation the directors are just looking at saving on the wage bill.If our team starts to drop down the league because we now have not got enough suitable players able to stop the rot the directors will only have themselves to blame.I just hope I am wrong and we have at least enough players left to at least maintain our position.
-
Big_Bluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1398
- Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Billy waters
Wild will have been told. To me it sounds like there’s been abit of tapping up/agent forcing the issue. The agent will of got a decent % from Wrexham and waters a pay rise so both will have pushed for the move. No point keeping a player that wants away. At the end of the day footballers have short shelf life can’t blame him for wanting to earn more moneyMethuselah wrote: ↑Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:22 pm Having just listened to his interview it sounds like Pete Wild hasn,t even been involved with Billy Walters moving to Wrexham,which I find a bit surprising.I would have thought Billy would have have mentioned what he was proposing to do to Pete,but obviously not.This after Pete gave him a second chance by bringing him to Barrow when he was on the point of giving up football.I think Billy has been disrespectful to Pete and has some explaining to do after going behind his back.There is also something wrong with the directors if they have not involved Pete in the process.Can we have a little more open communication between the board and the manager in future so we don,t have a manager trying to manage with one hand tied behind his back.It sounds as though now our club is numerically safe from relegation the directors are just looking at saving on the wage bill.If our team starts to drop down the league because we now have not got enough suitable players able to stop the rot the directors will only have themselves to blame.I just hope I am wrong and we have at least enough players left to at least maintain our position.
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3247
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Billy waters
I don't think the tapping up/agent forcing the issue is probably far off what's gone on. Wild said in his interview that eventually the fans will be told what went on but at the moment he didn't want to go into the detail.Big_Bluebird wrote: ↑Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:33 pmWild will have been told. To me it sounds like there’s been abit of tapping up/agent forcing the issue. The agent will of got a decent % from Wrexham and waters a pay rise so both will have pushed for the move. No point keeping a player that wants away. At the end of the day footballers have short shelf life can’t blame him for wanting to earn more moneyMethuselah wrote: ↑Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:22 pm Having just listened to his interview it sounds like Pete Wild hasn,t even been involved with Billy Walters moving to Wrexham,which I find a bit surprising.I would have thought Billy would have have mentioned what he was proposing to do to Pete,but obviously not.This after Pete gave him a second chance by bringing him to Barrow when he was on the point of giving up football.I think Billy has been disrespectful to Pete and has some explaining to do after going behind his back.There is also something wrong with the directors if they have not involved Pete in the process.Can we have a little more open communication between the board and the manager in future so we don,t have a manager trying to manage with one hand tied behind his back.It sounds as though now our club is numerically safe from relegation the directors are just looking at saving on the wage bill.If our team starts to drop down the league because we now have not got enough suitable players able to stop the rot the directors will only have themselves to blame.I just hope I am wrong and we have at least enough players left to at least maintain our position.
Re: Billy waters
Footballers are just contractors waiting for the next best offer, no loyalty in this game, and never will be.
-
Desmond2-2
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1250
- Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:13 pm
- Contact:
Re: Billy waters
His signing could be to do with the fact, the Hollywood duo are making a new version of Snow White

-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Billy waters
No great loss tries hard but I think we as a club need a bit more than that ( if we have ambition), Pete Wilds upset but deep down surely he knows that he's just not good enough, his first touch was terrible and to me he's not a patch on josh Gordon!
We should be more worried about our midfield no goals and hardly any creativity!
Anyway we move on and IT’S nothing to do with our club's finances!
We should be more worried about our midfield no goals and hardly any creativity!
Anyway we move on and IT’S nothing to do with our club's finances!
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Billy waters
Well its pretty clear from the Wrexham forum that Billy has been brought in as cover, probably for Mullins. Even they see him as a bench warmer.
With Wrexham these days they have become immune to the mundane realities of protocols and procedures. Billy's signing was quickly forgotten in the wake of Ben Fosters aqcuisition which gives you some idea of the attitude and atmosphere at the Racecourse at the moment. They tend to take what they want.
I find it very difficult to believe that PW was not kept aware of the situation once a bid was made. If it happened "pretty quick" then it will almost certainly be the player or his representatives that are the primary movers and shakers. It an odd time to recruit a player and I cant believe that the club would have ideally wanted to do this now when they could have conceivably have done it in the summer if they wanted to.
I was beginning to wonder what PWs attitude to the players he brought from Halifax would be at the end of the season. He strikes me as being pretty loyal to his previous charges so I cant imagine that the move sits totally well with him. But it is business. Wrexham forum is suggesting £25k. If Billy was going to be surplus to requirements then its good business. If he was part of PWs plans next season then the size of any pay rise may have made resistance academic - so its still good business.
As for Billy's contribution you might say it came in fits and starts and often his goals were scored against not great defences. Very hard worker and may profit from being in a squad with lots of creative talent. But like some others I think his size works against him to some extent at this level and in particular in our team at this time. The "fox in the box" player I believe tends to struggle against decent defences in this League. I'd like to see Billys conversion stats but I dont think they would've been that impressive. Good luck to him. He wont be the last in the next few months. At least we got a fee.
With Wrexham these days they have become immune to the mundane realities of protocols and procedures. Billy's signing was quickly forgotten in the wake of Ben Fosters aqcuisition which gives you some idea of the attitude and atmosphere at the Racecourse at the moment. They tend to take what they want.
I find it very difficult to believe that PW was not kept aware of the situation once a bid was made. If it happened "pretty quick" then it will almost certainly be the player or his representatives that are the primary movers and shakers. It an odd time to recruit a player and I cant believe that the club would have ideally wanted to do this now when they could have conceivably have done it in the summer if they wanted to.
I was beginning to wonder what PWs attitude to the players he brought from Halifax would be at the end of the season. He strikes me as being pretty loyal to his previous charges so I cant imagine that the move sits totally well with him. But it is business. Wrexham forum is suggesting £25k. If Billy was going to be surplus to requirements then its good business. If he was part of PWs plans next season then the size of any pay rise may have made resistance academic - so its still good business.
As for Billy's contribution you might say it came in fits and starts and often his goals were scored against not great defences. Very hard worker and may profit from being in a squad with lots of creative talent. But like some others I think his size works against him to some extent at this level and in particular in our team at this time. The "fox in the box" player I believe tends to struggle against decent defences in this League. I'd like to see Billys conversion stats but I dont think they would've been that impressive. Good luck to him. He wont be the last in the next few months. At least we got a fee.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests