New Manager

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Locked
Leo
Silver Member
Posts: 1188
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 4:18 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Leo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:47 pm

I see the white smoke...
Barrow-in-Furness - The 19th happiest place in Britain

User avatar
bobbie moore
Bronze Member
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by bobbie moore » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:55 pm

Got to agree with spirit of 1990 if Edmo is our new manager ..... we have missed a really BIG opportunity to start afresh. :(
Taking an easy option again imo.

User avatar
Three Lie Ins
Veteran Member
Posts: 534
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:45 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Three Lie Ins » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:01 pm

Pay peanuts....................

bigcod123
Veteran Member
Posts: 515
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:37 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by bigcod123 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:02 pm

Leo wrote:I see the white smoke...
Now your winding me up :o

Kieran
Gold Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Kieran » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:09 pm

How would Edmo not be "starting afresh"?

A couple of weeks ago I don't think I wanted Edmo, but I've warmed to the idea. On the whole he's done a good job at Wukkie on a [SwearFilter] poor budget with [SwearFilter] poor gates. Just keeping them at this level can't have been an easy job, and during his tenure he's achieved some relative success there with a play-off appearance and a good Trophy run. Does he play dire football? I'm not so sure, I've no doubt Wukkie probably have been this season but they're struggling and punching above their weight so it stands to reason they'd be pretty poor on the eye but that doesn't mean it's anything to do with the managers playing style.

I think it would be a reasonably decent appointment, but I hope he's not reading some of the shite on here otherwise he'll be thinking he'd be on a hiding to nothing already if he takes the job.

He's a better option than Lowe, absolutely 100%. What would the appointment of someone like Lowe achieve, and I mean really achieve long-term? We need to change from what we've always done, and appointing Lowe or similar wouldn't have done that.
Last edited by Kieran on Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
walney rock
Bronze Member
Posts: 797
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: windy walney
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by walney rock » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:10 pm

We were always gunna go for the cheap options I just hope it pays off
Just my opinion

User avatar
Reg
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5669
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Living Room
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Reg » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:31 pm

Thought I would be relatively pleased that Edmondson got the job and in a way, I am but I'm not too thrilled about the thought of returning on Saturday.

Going back to spending ~£100 per month isn't particularly appealling.

If Dawn wants it, I have no objection but if she's #notarsed I could easily stay in the warm and watch the racing.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8192
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: Re: New Manager

Post by Ste Story » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:42 pm

Kieran wrote:How would Edmo not be "starting afresh"?

A couple of weeks ago I don't think I wanted Edmo, but I've warmed to the idea. On the whole he's done a good job at Wukkie on a [SwearFilter] poor budget with [SwearFilter] poor gates. Just keeping them at this level can't have been an easy job, and during his tenure he's achieved some relative success there with a play-off appearance and a good Trophy run. Does he play dire football? I'm not so sure, I've no doubt Wukkie probably have been this season but they're struggling and punching above their weight so it stands to reason they'd be pretty poor on the eye but that doesn't mean it's anything to do with the managers playing style.

I think it would be a reasonably decent appointment, but I hope he's not reading some of the shite on here otherwise he'll be thinking he'd be on a hiding to nothing already if he takes the job.

He's a better option than Lowe, absolutely 100%. What would the appointment of someone like Lowe achieve, and I mean really achieve long-term? We need to change from what we've always done, and appointing Lowe or similar wouldn't have done that.
Agreed with all that. Contrary to what people will say and first think, Edmonson isn't the "easy choice" in that I think some fans may be slightly narrow minded and need winning round by him, an expensive Coleman or Lowe signing might win the fans over immediately (coincidently most of whom dont actually know much about either of them) but I think the board have truly tried to do what they think is best for the club.

Onwards and upwards.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8339
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by HenneysKnee » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:50 pm

Will we have to pay compensation to Wukky?

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11321
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by McMark » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:56 pm

HenneysKnee wrote:Will we have to pay compensation to Wukky?
A Herdwick Ram and three beans will more than cover it!

rockerlad workington
Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:43 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by rockerlad workington » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:57 pm

Yes.

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11321
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by McMark » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:59 pm

rockerlad workington wrote:Yes.
So that's a deal then! ;)

onered
Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by onered » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:02 pm

is edmo your new man .or is it just talking shite

User avatar
bobbie moore
Bronze Member
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by bobbie moore » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:07 pm

Bit ironic isn't it DB tried to sign a lot of Reds players before season who wouldn't come,wonder if they will if Edmo is appointed ;) :evil: :evil:

User avatar
Reg
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5669
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Living Room
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Reg » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:08 pm

onered wrote:is edmo your new man .or is it just talking shite
Yeah, we have nicked your manager.

Bittersweet for you I imagine.

You don't want him but having him walk out for Barrow is bound to sting a bit.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot] and 30 guests