Page 5 of 6

Re: Selling Best Players

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:12 am
by HenneysKnee
Who would we sell anyway? Only Boyes would be worth anything and he'll go for cheap in Jan anyway

Re: Selling Best Players

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:16 am
by Matty
patrickstarfish wrote:How can you be aggressive on a forum? Aggression is an emotion.

I have explained it, you keep ignoring it which is stupid. I don't think you even know yourself what you are going on about now. Like i said, if you have nothing of worth to say, don't say it. Get back to being annoying on other stuff.
If you support Barrow, surely the best way to 'support' your team is to put 14 pound of your hard earned coffers through the turnstile?

Re: Selling Best Players

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:17 am
by Wintergreen
If you do not regularly attend Barrow AFC games then you are not a supporter – FACTOID.

The best you can aspire to, is to say that they are your favourite team and you look out for their results. Notable exceptions to the rule would be those living abroad, the infirm or unemployed. Anyone else can go get swear-filtered.

Re: Selling Best Players

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:16 pm
by Always Ultra
Richard Ingham wrote:The BOD cannot do everything, this is something even they are starting to realise, everybody who supports and cares about this club should be taking some responsibilty for helping it to continue to exist
The problem is, many people now would argue that the fans are contributing more than the board. Even those who only turn up to watch football, and pay £14 for the privilege.

Ultimately, the BOD are becoming increasingly aloof and with every question that the fans ask of them, they just dig their trenches deeper.

Telling the fans that we're risking 'becoming' a selling club is beyond patronising.
Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:Re attendance:

Get Green's meat & potato pies in I would suggest. Your Hairy Biker made a great promotional killing for them in a recent TV programme. Always take away a few when I visit.

PS. Wish we had the Green's pies down here on offer at half time. ;)
The Fans' Mentality - "Let's have a Green's Pie Van...15% of proceeds to the BDF."
The BOD's Mentality - "If you STAY-AWAY~! cunts don't start coming, we're gonna stop selling pies to those who do come."

Re: Selling Best Players

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:56 pm
by Andy
Always Ultra wrote:
Richard Ingham wrote:The BOD cannot do everything, this is something even they are starting to realise, everybody who supports and cares about this club should be taking some responsibilty for helping it to continue to exist
The problem is, many people now would argue that the fans are contributing more than the board. Even those who only turn up to watch football, and pay £14 for the privilege.

Ultimately, the BOD are becoming increasingly aloof and with every question that the fans ask of them, they just dig their trenches deeper.

Telling the fans that we're risking 'becoming' a selling club is beyond patronising.
Certain members of the board have a hell of of their own money tied up in the club in directors loans. To say that the fans are contributing more than the board is grossly unfair. How the hell else will we raise money to have the heads taken off the floodlights if the crowds don't increase or we sell players to cover it. Are we going to ask the directors to loan more money?
Always Ultra wrote:
Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:Re attendance:

Get Green's meat & potato pies in I would suggest. Your Hairy Biker made a great promotional killing for them in a recent TV programme. Always take away a few when I visit.

PS. Wish we had the Green's pies down here on offer at half time. ;)
The Fans' Mentality - "Let's have a Green's Pie Van...15% of proceeds to the BDF."
The BOD's Mentality - "If you STAY-AWAY~! cunts don't start coming, we're gonna stop selling pies to those who do come."
I would rather do without pies and save a few pounds if it meant other things could be done.
AU how do you propose we raise more money without increasing crowds. I know the BoD have made several mistakes but to raise the amounts of money we need or will need is a huge problem.

Re: Selling Best Players

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:21 pm
by spirit of 1990
Andy wrote:Certain members of the board have a hell of of their own money tied up in the club in directors loans. To say that the fans are contributing more than the board is grossly unfair. How the hell else will we raise money to have the heads taken off the floodlights if the crowds don't increase or we sell players to cover it. Are we going to ask the directors to loan more money?
Some people just have it in for the BoD's Andy, simple as that.

The Board shouldn't be above criticism or questioning but some just want to criticise or question ALL the time without an answer themselves.
If they want to do something about it, do something positive....volunteer to do something constructive for the club, suggest something, put yourself up for election to the Board at the AGM.....Nah, it aint gonna happen, they're quite happy to sit there & snipe without doing anything about it.

I think the brothers grim have a new member.

Re: Selling Best Players

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:19 am
by Reg
spirit of 1990 wrote:
I think the brothers grim have a new member.
Sibling, surely?

:)

Re: Selling Best Players

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:48 am
by spirit of 1990
Reg wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote:
I think the brothers grim have a new member.
Sibling, surely?

:)
I thought it was more of an exclusive members club that went under the name of Brothers Grim rather than a family.

If your right though, that must be a great criac around the dinner table :lol:

Re: Selling Best Players

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:13 pm
by The Poacher
boyliegladbach wrote:
The Poacher wrote: This has to be the worst post of the year.
What a pathetic comparison,they were playing down your local ground I guess were they,you just popped down ,payed your £15 and watched the Barcelona.I cant understand now why we all pay our £14 to watch Barrow ,what fools we are.
The point Im making is when having a discussion why so many pubs are closing in this country due to people cant afford to be paying £3+ for a pint,using the comparison that you can go abroad and get a pint for 1 euro.Do you understand that.
when im having a [SwearFilter] day at work this [SwearFilter] idiot reapperars to make it worse, maybe you [SwearFilter] idiot i was showing how top flight football in other countrys is only a couple of £s more than the 5th tier of english football

Selling Best Players

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:43 pm
by Jim
I think the board must be very versatile to be increasingly aloof and digging deeper trenches at the same time ;)

Re: Selling Best Players

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:43 pm
by Cokey
I'd rather lose our best players than lose our football club altogether.

If you're not making enough income to allow for your expenditure, then you have to make cuts, simple as.

As has been said before, a lot of so called 'football fans' in Barrow moan about the team, saying they're crap. The fact is, if they all actually went to the games, financially supporting the club, then we'd have the cash to get better players and be fighting for promotion up to the football league.

Re: Selling Best Players

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:04 am
by ant
When the team clicks and the strikers hit form then the fans will return in numbers.End of crisis.Get em going Dave.

Re: Selling Best Players

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:04 pm
by Hadrian
Reg wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote:
I think the brothers grim have a new member.
Sibling, surely?

:)
'Member' could perhaps be apt...

;)

Re: Selling Best Players

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:31 pm
by olbarrafancumbak
Wintergreen wrote:If you do not regularly attend Barrow AFC games then you are not a supporter – FACTOID.

The best you can aspire to, is to say that they are your favourite team and you look out for their results. Notable exceptions to the rule would be those living abroad, the infirm or unemployed. Anyone else can go get swear-filtered.
Thats a little unfair imo. There are several reasons why people cant get to HS on a regular basis and comments like this will surely alienate some folk more?

I would like to be at every single game that Barrow play but I cant, I have a young family, Ive been very poorly this last couple of seasons, Ive lost my job to ill health and now Im not a real fan?

I have tried to attend the games where a. i was well enough and b. when i could afford to. I am thankfully turning a corner health wise and I am starting my own business to try and build my life back up and hopefully I will be able to attend more games?

Give people a break and instead of assuming people dont care and are not real fans, think about peoples circumstances and how it might affect whether they get to a game or not.

Lets stick together and take the club forward :scarf:

Re: Selling Best Players

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:42 pm
by tictactoe
Agreed. I hate this "you're not a proper fan, I am" mentality. I get to hardly any away games and for a while may not get to home games due to finances but that doesn't make me any less of a fan. Some people have more problems in their lives than to worry about attending football matches.

Wintergreen I am neither of those that are excused in your opinion but if you want to pay my admission price feel free