Page 5 of 7
Re: New Stadium or Redevelopment ?
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:09 pm
by SlurpyTigga
Re: New Stadium or Redevelopment ?
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:05 pm
by Holkerbird
Re: New Stadium or Redevelopment ?
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:33 pm
by SlurpyTigga
Move to Craven Park whilst Holker Street is being developed then move back to Holker Street and watch the other club fold.
That's a better idea.
Re: New Stadium or Redevelopment ?
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:01 pm
by BillyBlue
SlurpyTigga wrote:Move to Craven Park whilst Holker Street is being developed then move back to Holker Street and watch the other club fold.
That's a better idea.
I'm the complete opposite I'd like to see 2 successful clubs in the town just like in the late 60's.
Even though I don't go to Craven Park anymore I don't wish any ill on them
Re: New Stadium or Redevelopment ?
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:41 pm
by Fartvs Antiqvvs
BillyBlue wrote: I'm the complete opposite I'd like to see 2 successful clubs in the town just like in the late 60's.
Even though I don't go to Craven Park anymore I don't wish any ill on them
Yeah! Willie Horne is an everlasting legend for the 'up and under' game, like.
His achievements and memory deserve to live on. Similar to Bobby Moore, not like most of today's footballing 'leg-ends'.

Re: New Stadium or Redevelopment ?
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:00 pm
by blue nige
BillyBlue wrote:SlurpyTigga wrote:Move to Craven Park whilst Holker Street is being developed then move back to Holker Street and watch the other club fold.
That's a better idea.
I'm the complete opposite I'd like to see 2 successful clubs in the town just like in the late 60's.
Even though I don't go to Craven Park anymore I don't wish any ill on them
I could never agree to this scenario have you forgotten what happened in 1999 when at the time we didn't know if we would be allowed to use holker street and the people in charge at the rugby turned us down leaving us facing a desperate situation,I know there are different people in charge now but I can never forget their treachery! also their fans could have spoken up but just silence!.
I know this might sound pathetic but much as I love our club I would stop coming if we ever joined together!

Re: New Stadium or Redevelopment ?
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:11 pm
by Kieran
blue nige wrote:BillyBlue wrote:
I'm the complete opposite I'd like to see 2 successful clubs in the town just like in the late 60's.
Even though I don't go to Craven Park anymore I don't wish any ill on them
I could never agree to this scenario have you forgotten what happened in 1999 when at the time we didn't know if we would be allowed to use holker street and the people in charge at the rugby turned us down leaving us facing a desperate situation,I know there are different people in charge now but I can never forget their treachery! also their fans could have spoken up but just silence!.
I know this might sound pathetic but much as I love our club I would stop coming if we ever joined together!

The rugby didn't turn us down, had the Conference allowed us to keep our place then plans were in place to ground share at Craven Park for a season and were pretty much confirmed. I've still got the old mail cutting that confirms this.
Personally I don't give much of a toss about the Raiders and even less about rugby in general. However, although its good to have a bit of banter between the two sets of supporters I'd never wish any ill on them. Given the choice I'd like to see both clubs successful as it could only be a good thing for the town.
Re: New Stadium or Redevelopment ?
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:14 pm
by Fartvs Antiqvvs
blue nige wrote:BillyBlue wrote:
I'm the complete opposite I'd like to see 2 successful clubs in the town just like in the late 60's.
Even though I don't go to Craven Park anymore I don't wish any ill on them
I could never agree to this scenario have you forgotten what happened in 1999 when at the time we didn't know if we would be allowed to use holker street and the people in charge at the rugby turned us down leaving us facing a desperate situation,I know there are different people in charge now but I can never forget their treachery! also their fans could have spoken up but just silence!.
I know this might sound pathetic but much as I love our club I would stop coming if we ever joined together!

It is pathetic b/n. Reminiscent of the Scots 'Yes' vote. They are not letting this go. As a democratic vote it should be accepted without historical bitterness. As you say, that was then, this is now. Move forward to achieve the good times at H/S lad and bin the past anomalies.
Re: New Stadium or Redevelopment ?
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:26 pm
by SlurpyTigga
Fartvs Antiqvvs wrote:blue nige wrote:
I could never agree to this scenario have you forgotten what happened in 1999 when at the time we didn't know if we would be allowed to use holker street and the people in charge at the rugby turned us down leaving us facing a desperate situation,I know there are different people in charge now but I can never forget their treachery! also their fans could have spoken up but just silence!.
I know this might sound pathetic but much as I love our club I would stop coming if we ever joined together!

It is pathetic b/n. Reminiscent of the Scots 'Yes' vote. They are not letting this go. As a democratic vote it should be accepted without historical bitterness. As you say, that was then, this is now. Move forward to achieve the good times at H/S lad and bin the past anomalies.
That 15 year old kid suspected of burning down the Grammar School should have concentrated his efforts on Craven Park instead, if indeed he is guilty and I'm not saying that he is in any shape or form.
Re: New Stadium or Redevelopment ?
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:28 pm
by mickmike wilson
blue nige wrote:BillyBlue wrote:
I'm the complete opposite I'd like to see 2 successful clubs in the town just like in the late 60's.
Even though I don't go to Craven Park anymore I don't wish any ill on them
I could never agree to this scenario have you forgotten what happened in 1999 when at the time we didn't know if we would be allowed to use holker street and the people in charge at the rugby turned us down leaving us facing a desperate situation,I know there are different people in charge now but I can never forget their treachery! also their fans could have spoken up but just silence!.
I know this might sound pathetic but much as I love our club I would stop coming if we ever joined together!

This is not even true..........but as your very bitter towards wrong doing, SV the Orrible did his wrong doing under the BAFC banner, so using your logic you of "I know there are different people in charge now but I can never forget their treachery!" you must not like our different people in charge or the treachery??
Have a word with yourself.
Re: New Stadium or Redevelopment ?
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:30 pm
by mickmike wilson
I am over the moon with any improvements made in whatever size or shape they materialize in as its going to be far better and more modern than what we currently have.
Re: New Stadium or Redevelopment ?
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:33 pm
by SlurpyTigga
mickmike wilson wrote:blue nige wrote:
I could never agree to this scenario have you forgotten what happened in 1999 when at the time we didn't know if we would be allowed to use holker street and the people in charge at the rugby turned us down leaving us facing a desperate situation,I know there are different people in charge now but I can never forget their treachery! also their fans could have spoken up but just silence!.
I know this might sound pathetic but much as I love our club I would stop coming if we ever joined together!

This is not even true..........but as your very bitter towards wrong doing, SV the Orrible did his wrong doing under the BAFC banner, so using your logic you of "I know there are different people in charge now but I can never forget their treachery!" you must not like our different people in charge or the treachery??
Have a word with yourself.
Yeah, have a word with yourself blue_nige you you you scoundral you!! How dare you have your own opinion!! Bring back the birth I say!!
Re: New Stadium or Redevelopment ?
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:35 pm
by SlurpyTigga
Birth? Birth??? Oops, birch it's supposed to say
Re: New Stadium or Redevelopment ?
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:47 pm
by spirit of 1990
mickmike wilson wrote:blue nige wrote:
I could never agree to this scenario have you forgotten what happened in 1999 when at the time we didn't know if we would be allowed to use holker street and the people in charge at the rugby turned us down leaving us facing a desperate situation,I know there are different people in charge now but I can never forget their treachery! also their fans could have spoken up but just silence!.
I know this might sound pathetic but much as I love our club I would stop coming if we ever joined together!

This is not even true..........but as your very bitter towards wrong doing, SV the Orrible did his wrong doing under the BAFC banner, so using your logic you of "I know there are different people in charge now but I can never forget their treachery!" you must not like our different people in charge or the treachery??
Have a word with yourself.
He has got a point Nige!
Re: New Stadium or Redevelopment ?
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:57 pm
by SlurpyTigga
spirit of 1990 wrote:mickmike wilson wrote:
This is not even true..........but as your very bitter towards wrong doing, SV the Orrible did his wrong doing under the BAFC banner, so using your logic you of "I know there are different people in charge now but I can never forget their treachery!" you must not like our different people in charge or the treachery??
Have a word with yourself.
He has got a point Nige!
I'd love to see the outcome of a vote with both sets of fans given the vote.