Keep/Move on/Meh

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Post Reply
Lancaster Branch
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5509
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Keep/Move on/Meh

Post by Lancaster Branch » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:20 am

Cockerline's on a contract isn't he?

User avatar
DaveC
Platinum Member
Posts: 2929
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 9:04 am
Contact:

Re: Keep/Move on/Meh

Post by DaveC » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:47 pm

Lancaster Branch wrote:Cockerline's on a contract isn't he?
Don't know sorry mate.

Wonder if it's worth setting up a little sticky or maybe updating the player list next season so it would say who is playing for us, when they signed and how long the contract is? Quick and easy reference style.

For example:

Richard Ingham, signed 28/04/17. 2 year contract.

Thoughts?
Dave C

Keep asking questions, don't eat the bullshit!

Thenotorious
Member
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Keep/Move on/Meh

Post by Thenotorious » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:02 pm

DaveC wrote:
Lancaster Branch wrote:Cockerline's on a contract isn't he?
Don't know sorry mate.

Wonder if it's worth setting up a little sticky or maybe updating the player list next season so it would say who is playing for us, when they signed and how long the contract is? Quick and easy reference style.

For example:

Richard Ingham, signed 28/04/17. 2 year contract.

Thoughts?
Ha - may aswell tell other clubs what their contract details are release clauses. Agent numbers and home address.

User avatar
DaveC
Platinum Member
Posts: 2929
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 9:04 am
Contact:

Re: Keep/Move on/Meh

Post by DaveC » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:10 pm

Thenotorious wrote:
DaveC wrote:
Don't know sorry mate.

Wonder if it's worth setting up a little sticky or maybe updating the player list next season so it would say who is playing for us, when they signed and how long the contract is? Quick and easy reference style.

For example:

Richard Ingham, signed 28/04/17. 2 year contract.

Thoughts?
Ha - may aswell tell other clubs what their contract details are release clauses. Agent numbers and home address.
They're on the local press how long the contracts are, we've all seen them in the rag Nobby has signed a two year deal. No great secrets is it.
Dave C

Keep asking questions, don't eat the bullshit!


vialli 9
Senior Member
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 10:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Keep/Move on/Meh

Post by vialli 9 » Fri May 05, 2017 3:41 pm

I'm with the ' Let Dixon go " .... in my opinion, which is worth nothing, I don't think he's good enough. Doesn't command his box, flaps at crosses and has a huge mistake in him every game, kicking wayward. Good shot stopper,..... but that's just one part of his game. Will he improve.... maybe. But I would replace him.
I was also a " let Diarra go ' merchant at the start of the season...totally unimpressed, BUT, he has improved more than I have ever seen a player come on. How much of that is due to Livesey I don't know, but he's improved his game 100%. Looks totally at home now.
Football is all about opinions.... I respect that. Barry Pos. ( Vialli 9 )

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Keep/Move on/Meh

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Fri May 05, 2017 4:02 pm

I think there maybe a shock or two over the next week
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

Middleton Nick
Platinum Member
Posts: 3548
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
Contact:

Re: Keep/Move on/Meh

Post by Middleton Nick » Fri May 05, 2017 4:21 pm

vialli 9 wrote:I'm with the ' Let Dixon go " .... in my opinion, which is worth nothing, I don't think he's good enough. Doesn't command his box, flaps at crosses and has a huge mistake in him every game, kicking wayward. Good shot stopper,..... but that's just one part of his game. Will he improve.... maybe. But I would replace him.
I was also a " let Diarra go ' merchant at the start of the season...totally unimpressed, BUT, he has improved more than I have ever seen a player come on. How much of that is due to Livesey I don't know, but he's improved his game 100%. Looks totally at home now.
Football is all about opinions.... I respect that. Barry Pos. ( Vialli 9 )
Dixon stay for me. Always thought he was a decent keeper especially at this level. Needs to improve in one or two areas but he is young and has time on his side.He is streets ahead of Flatt IMO. Are you Pedro in disguise. :shock:

User avatar
glasgow_blue
Silver Member
Posts: 1385
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 am
Location: The Barra
Contact:

Re: Keep/Move on/Meh

Post by glasgow_blue » Fri May 05, 2017 5:20 pm

Half and half regarding Dixon.
There is potential there but if we take Casson and Cox's hopes on promotion next season seriously, then the lad needs to improve quickly, which will be tough after coming back from a serious injury.
I'm more concerned with getting a decent back up if Joel is going to be number 1.
Nil Carborundum Illegitimi

Lancaster Branch
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5509
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Keep/Move on/Meh

Post by Lancaster Branch » Fri May 05, 2017 6:00 pm

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:I think there maybe a shock or two over the next week
No new deal for Livesey?

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Keep/Move on/Meh

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Fri May 05, 2017 6:01 pm

Middleton Nick wrote:
vialli 9 wrote:I'm with the ' Let Dixon go " .... in my opinion, which is worth nothing, I don't think he's good enough. Doesn't command his box, flaps at crosses and has a huge mistake in him every game, kicking wayward. Good shot stopper,..... but that's just one part of his game. Will he improve.... maybe. But I would replace him.
I was also a " let Diarra go ' merchant at the start of the season...totally unimpressed, BUT, he has improved more than I have ever seen a player come on. How much of that is due to Livesey I don't know, but he's improved his game 100%. Looks totally at home now.
Football is all about opinions.... I respect that. Barry Pos. ( Vialli 9 )
Dixon stay for me. Always thought he was a decent keeper especially at this level. Needs to improve in one or two areas but he is young and has time on his side.He is streets ahead of Flatt IMO. Are you Pedro in disguise. :shock:

Vialli 9 has won at Wembley and knows his stuff
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Keep/Move on/Meh

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Fri May 05, 2017 6:02 pm

Lancaster Branch wrote:
The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:I think there maybe a shock or two over the next week
No new deal for Livesey?

Someone said this at work today! Strange!
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

barrowscuba
Member
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Keep/Move on/Meh

Post by barrowscuba » Fri May 05, 2017 7:58 pm

There will be a deal for Livesey but it may not be what he wants either money wise, in length of contract offered or both. Only time will tell.

K-Man
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5104
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 10:20 pm
Location: Qatar
Contact:

Re: Keep/Move on/Meh

Post by K-Man » Sat May 06, 2017 1:08 am

He's good but he's not irreplaceable.

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Keep/Move on/Meh

Post by Wintergreen » Sat May 06, 2017 7:27 am

Can't argue with Vialli's observations about Joel - they're accurate. But having said that maybe he will do a 'Moussa' and come on leaps and bounds. Tough call - he's young so maybe one more season to improve.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests