Barrow v Wealdstone match thread

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
JamesWattTerrace24
Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2024 10:30 pm
Location: Ormsgill Alps

Re: Barrow v Wealdstone match thread

Post by JamesWattTerrace24 » Sun Oct 04, 2026 1:00 pm

Plenty of young players fighting hard to make a career in the game, as it should be at this level. Can only see the team improving as the season goes on 🤞

User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11131
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Wealdstone match thread

Post by Jonty » Sun Oct 04, 2026 2:54 pm

JamesWattTerrace24 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 04, 2026 1:00 pm Plenty of young players fighting hard to make a career in the game, as it should be at this level. Can only see the team improving as the season goes on 🤞
These players look like they are enjoying their football and being part of it. It’s so good to see the enthusiasm at the end and the clips of the players hugging each other and clearly buzzing leaving the pitch. Long may it continue.

It makes the lack of team spirit and not wanting to be here last season so obvious.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

saltcellar
Platinum Member
Posts: 2842
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Wealdstone match thread

Post by saltcellar » Sun Oct 04, 2026 3:21 pm

The best thing that has happened to the club so far, was the sending off of MJ Williams at Solihull.
Although he didn't play at home to Aldershot,
Xavier Benjamin has been a revolution these last 3 games.
I wasn't confident about his defending when one of the centre backs, but he's been a different animal in midfield.
His enthusiasm and speed makes him far better than Williams.
The first conversation Adam Murray had with, him he said 'I'm a leader, I want to win".
You can certainly see that when he's playing.

ossickbluebird
Veteran Member
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Wealdstone match thread

Post by ossickbluebird » Sun Oct 04, 2026 3:53 pm

I agree about Benjamin, he has the build of a middleweight boxer and isn't backwards at coming forwards. Jonty is spot on about the change in team spirit, I'll repeat what I said recently, they have echoes of "The Crazy Gang". Getting excited for the season now

mall
Platinum Member
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Wealdstone match thread

Post by mall » Sun Oct 04, 2026 4:56 pm

ossickbluebird wrote: ↑Sun Oct 04, 2026 3:53 pm I agree about Benjamin, he has the build of a middleweight boxer and isn't backwards at coming forwards. Jonty is spot on about the change in team spirit, I'll repeat what I said recently, they have echoes of "The Crazy Gang". Getting excited for the season now
Thats what I thought....they remind me a little of "The Crazy Gang".

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot] and 13 guests