Page 6 of 7
Re: Barrow v Guiseley FA Cup 1st round proper replay thread
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:19 am
by Wintergreen
Eric Cartman wrote:We were fantastic last night and perhaps it should have been 6 or 7. The boy Flynn needs to be offered a new contract ASAP before one of the big boys swoop for him. Bit of a crap goal to win it but like I say. Fantastic crowd I thought it looked at least treble that. Immense performance.
That was a party political broadcast on behalf of The Sarcastic Party.
If you would like to know more about The Sarcastic Party contact Buckingham Palace cos obviously that’s where we all live isn’t it but you already knew that didn’t you because you know E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G because you’re super intelligent and obviously the brainiest person to have ever (Cont Pg. 96)
Re: Barrow v Guiseley FA Cup 1st round proper replay thread
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:23 am
by 32mile_cul-de-sac
It might come as a bit of a shock to some but we are not Barcelona and sometimes we play naff! Last night was tight and i was waiting for one team to make that one mistake to lose the tie. We didn't create much last night but they created even less.
Good win in my eyes and now we are probably underdogs for round two.
18 grand in the bank through to round two, that'll do for me.

Re: Barrow v Guiseley FA Cup 1st round proper replay thread
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:44 am
by greenarmour
Clean sheet against a very useful side ,Peo,and Aldred were immense ,the fact they took both there forwards off says it all for me.18 big ones in the bank too,im happy without being ecstatic . A couple of full backs (although Hess played reasonably) and were getting there.
Re: Barrow v Guiseley FA Cup 1st round proper replay thread
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:45 am
by HenneysKnee
We love being underdogs! Someone was there from Macclesfield wearing pixie boot style trainers the soft buggers, get stuck into them and we'll be ok
Re: Barrow v Guiseley FA Cup 1st round proper replay thread
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:45 am
by Chris Benoit
snortypig wrote:Eric Cartman wrote:We were fantastic last night and perhaps it should have been 6 or 7. The boy Flynn needs to be offered a new contract ASAP before one of the big boys swoop for him. Bit of a crap goal to win it but like I say. Fantastic crowd I thought it looked at least treble that. Immense performance.

Why the long face?
Barrow v Guiseley FA Cup 1st round proper replay thread
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:02 am
by Jim
32mile_cul-de-sac wrote:It might come as a bit of a shock to some but we are not Barcelona and sometimes we play naff! Last night was tight and i was waiting for one team to make that one mistake to lose the tie. We didn't create much last night but they created even less.
Good win in my eyes and now we are probably underdogs for round two.
18 grand in the bank through to round two, that'll do for me.

Having seen the way Guiseley ripped thru our defence at their place, I was expecting plenty of goals last night, so a clean sheet and 1-0 in a tight game was a decent achievement.
Re: Barrow v Guiseley FA Cup 1st round proper replay thread
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:36 am
by tictactoe
Guiseley Fan wrote:Just got home from the game good luck in the next round and for the rest of the season one day we might be playing in the same league.
next season - hopefully by you being promoted and not us being relegated, the former being the most likely at the moment

Re: Barrow v Guiseley FA Cup 1st round proper replay thread
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:40 pm
by Toffeebluebird
audigex wrote:ant wrote:Any idea how to get playback to goal off RC? Be good to hear how comm team reacted. Ta.
One imagines that they avoided the words/phrases "goal", "has scored", "back of the net", "barrow are winning", "1-0 up" or anything else that suggests the scoreline.
I've got a lot of time for BBCRC Sport, but they need to use the phrase "goal! That's (score) to (team currently winning)" within 4 seconds of the ball hitting the netting, or I'm going to have to go round their houses for a quiet word.
To be fair, it was pretty obvious we scored as they went mental. Didn't need to say goal as the screams said it all

Re: Barrow v Guiseley FA Cup 1st round proper replay thread
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:47 pm
by The Tomahawk Kid
A drab game - the high spot obviously being that awesome goal!
Boyes looked more and more like the gifted player he is becoming with age and experience. He held the ball well, his distribution was intelligent and his touch on the ball, at times, was sublime.
Flynn appeared to be thinking about his forthcoming Evening Mail column - realised he was playing football towards the end of the second half. Wake up son!
I was disappointed with Guiseley - from reports I'd heard and read I feared the worst. They were tenacious and for long spells in the game constantly beat our players to the ball. They looked fit, strong and well trained. However, a decent footballing side, they were not. Some excellent actors, though!
The game should have been sewn up by half-time. How many corners do we need!
Best atmosphere I've heard at HolkerStreet for many moons.
Lady Luck played a part in our good fortune. The FA Cup Gods seem to be smiling on us. Long may it continue... :flag:
Re: Barrow v Guiseley FA Cup 1st round proper replay thread
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:43 pm
by GTBLUE
Is there a link to the goal anywhere. I might have missed it somewhere.
Re: Barrow v Guiseley FA Cup 1st round proper replay thread
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:09 pm
by Richard Ingham
I havent seen anything so far Graham and fear we might not get one. ITV will presumably have the rights to the footage but have chosen not to make anything available for the replays.
Re: Barrow v Guiseley FA Cup 1st round proper replay thread
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:51 am
by GTBLUE
Richard Ingham wrote:I havent seen anything so far Graham and fear we might not get one. ITV will presumably have the rights to the footage but have chosen not to make anything available for the replays.
There was someone from Yorkshire T.V (or Guisely FC) in the crossbar filming the Guisely fans before the game Rich. I've had a look on their website and there is no footage of the game.
Re: Barrow v Guiseley FA Cup 1st round proper replay thread
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:22 pm
by oldtimer
Re: Barrow v Guiseley FA Cup 1st round proper replay thread
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:44 pm
by audigex
If that wasn't on the official site, I'd think it was being facetious. Either way, the fact the highlights are just the goal and full time got a chuckle from me.
Re: Barrow v Guiseley FA Cup 1st round proper replay thread
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:45 pm
by GTBLUE
audigex wrote:
If that wasn't on the official site, I'd think it was being facetious. Either way, the fact the highlights are just the goal and full time got a chuckle from me.
Thanks for that o.t. I sat down in front of my computer, made myself comfy, cup of tea and a bacon butty to devour while I watched the "highlights", when, suddenly, I thought there was a chuffing power cut. Anyway, it was the best part of the game and the goal looks even better from that angle.