blue nige wrote: ↑Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:32 pm
barrowfan wrote: ↑Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:26 pm
They will also want the sort of money that PC won't want to pay after losing over £2M since he came.
PC seems to be reigning in the money which is why the players sold for good amounts in the summer were not replaced, or replaced with players who cost less to buy and pay wages to as well.
As a consequence the new ones weren't as good players either.
PC also had to pay half of the cost of the new floodlights.
Feel a bit sorry for him actually as I don't think he realised that something he did to honour the memory of his father would cost him so much.
This league is very hard to get out of and requires a bottomless pocket.
Come on how naive are you, he did his due deligence etc made all the stadium plans etc. You're telling me a successful business man didn't know about the costs involved
I don't think he did. He might be a successful businessman but Football's a totally different ball-game (pardon the pun). I believe the guy made promises that he now realises he can't fulfil.
I believe his ambitions - and his five year plan for Football League status - have now been curtailed. I also believe he now sees mid-table respectability as a long term objective as opposed to promotion to the EFL.
Our optimism has been severely deflated and diluted but it's something we're all going to have to get used to.
I honestly believe his plans are now hinged on sustainability in the National League. Any future progress will probably be in the FA Cup

(there's always next season) and our old friend the FA Trophy...
With regards to yesterday's debacle it's obvious that Mickey Moore is not up to the task. The guy was given an opportunity - he tried - he's failed. You can attach much of the blame on the management team with regard to planning, organisation and fitness levels but not all - what actually happens on the field is down to the players. Some of the players have to 'carry the can'.
I didn't attend yesterday because I had a feeling we'd go out so I can't comment on the dynamics of the team or the players. However, to go out to a team two leagues below us - a team containing amateur players - is shocking! The players, this morning should be hanging their heads in shame - but will they?
I doubt it. I don't see much passion or commitment from the majority of this team who wear our club's shirts. Therefore - get rid!
By the way, did anyone notice 's Guiseley's result on Saturday? Paul Cox and Yorkshire must be laughing and celebrating this morning!