Where do we go from here?
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2881
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Where do we go from here?
Lots of emails whizzing around suggesting backhanders and financial impropriety, no doubt! Possibly correct, possibly incorrect!!
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Where do we go from here?
No, definitely not.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:28 pm Lots of emails whizzing around suggesting backhanders and financial impropriety, no doubt! Possibly correct, possibly incorrect!!
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
Re: Where do we go from here?
Which part correct?
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Where do we go from here?
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
Re: Where do we go from here?
Ok thanks for clarifying.
Re: Where do we go from here?
God, I hate posts like these. They're such a tease. Still, I guess I'll find out eventually (about 2027).Chris Benoit wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:57 am I've been a critic in the recent past of Casson but having been given a bit of insight to life at the club under Paul Cox' reign I am now fully behind the owner.
...
And he had his reasons believe me. Nothing to do with wanting cash back or cutting costs.
No bubblewrap unpopped.
-
Bluebarrowman
- Member
- Posts: 216
- Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 7:36 am
- Contact:
Re: Where do we go from here?
So for the people in the know
Was it the correct decision for Paul Cox to leave the club?
Was it the correct decision for Paul Cox to leave the club?
-
Tom Brownlee
- Member
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:39 pm
- Contact:
Re: Where do we go from here?
They are not a tease they are pathetic - I know something you don't know! Is it the school playground or a fans forum?! And all the forum posters hanging on to every word saying 'tell me' 'PM me!'. Have a word with yourselves!Arvo wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:53 pmGod, I hate posts like these. They're such a tease. Still, I guess I'll find out eventually (about 2027).Chris Benoit wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:57 am I've been a critic in the recent past of Casson but having been given a bit of insight to life at the club under Paul Cox' reign I am now fully behind the owner.
...
And he had his reasons believe me. Nothing to do with wanting cash back or cutting costs.
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Where do we go from here?
Wait a minute, weren't you there when the original discussion happened?Tom Brownlee wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:58 pmThey are not a tease they are pathetic - I know something you don't know! Is it the school playground or a fans forum?! And all the forum posters hanging on to every word saying 'tell me' 'PM me!'. Have a word with yourselves!
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
Re: Where do we go from here?
I think the way the floodlights had deteriated the league would have been contacted by the referees saying we could not play under them.Chris Benoit wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:52 amIf you say so. I don't think you could be more wrong though. If he wanted his cash back then he'd have pulled the plug on other things like the floodlights which are still being completed. Just because things aren't going at the pace we would like does not mean that they aren't progressing. We might not have a new ground pop over over night like Fleetwood and you know who but we will get there. The new manager when appointed WILL have money to spend too.
I've been a critic in the recent past of Casson but having been given a bit of insight to life at the club under Paul Cox' reign I am now fully behind the owner. We will get a decent manager in who will still have a decent budget. If Paul Casson could just stop the daft statements putting too much pressure on the squad then we might just have a shot at going about things quietly and sneaking into the promotion picture. We don't have the worst squad about and with a couple of tweaks and a new managers fresh input it'll be fine.
I think he had no option.
Re: Where do we go from here?
Can you Pm me ?Tom Brownlee wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:58 pmThey are not a tease they are pathetic - I know something you don't know! Is it the school playground or a fans forum?! And all the forum posters hanging on to every word saying 'tell me' 'PM me!'. Have a word with yourselves!
-
Tom Brownlee
- Member
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:39 pm
- Contact:
Re: Where do we go from here?
Not sure that necessarily detracts from what I'm saying? Nor sure I was there either for any such discussion?The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:01 pmWait a minute, weren't you there when the original discussion happened?Tom Brownlee wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:58 pm
They are not a tease they are pathetic - I know something you don't know! Is it the school playground or a fans forum?! And all the forum posters hanging on to every word saying 'tell me' 'PM me!'. Have a word with yourselves!
Re: Where do we go from here?
Yes*Bluebarrowman wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:57 pm So for the people in the know
Was it the correct decision for Paul Cox to leave the club?
*If of course what I have been told is true, if not then I'd say no.
Wasn't this sort of thing what the Special a former member of this forum section was set up for ?
-
Chris Benoit
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1768
- Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
- Contact:
Re: Where do we go from here?
If he wanted out he'd have been long gone before it got to that.Pedro wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:06 pmI think the way the floodlights had deteriated the league would have been contacted by the referees saying we could not play under them.Chris Benoit wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:52 am
If you say so. I don't think you could be more wrong though. If he wanted his cash back then he'd have pulled the plug on other things like the floodlights which are still being completed. Just because things aren't going at the pace we would like does not mean that they aren't progressing. We might not have a new ground pop over over night like Fleetwood and you know who but we will get there. The new manager when appointed WILL have money to spend too.
I've been a critic in the recent past of Casson but having been given a bit of insight to life at the club under Paul Cox' reign I am now fully behind the owner. We will get a decent manager in who will still have a decent budget. If Paul Casson could just stop the daft statements putting too much pressure on the squad then we might just have a shot at going about things quietly and sneaking into the promotion picture. We don't have the worst squad about and with a couple of tweaks and a new managers fresh input it'll be fine.
I think he had no option.
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Where do we go from here?
I was told you were there like.Tom Brownlee wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:17 pmNot sure that necessarily detracts from what I'm saying? Nor sure I was there either for any such discussion?The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:01 pm
Wait a minute, weren't you there when the original discussion happened?
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Big_Bluebird, Stand By Me and 24 guests