Page 7 of 11

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:28 pm
by russell_anderson
Lots of emails whizzing around suggesting backhanders and financial impropriety, no doubt! Possibly correct, possibly incorrect!!

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:33 pm
by The Real Slim Azza
russell_anderson wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:28 pm Lots of emails whizzing around suggesting backhanders and financial impropriety, no doubt! Possibly correct, possibly incorrect!!
No, definitely not.

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:36 pm
by Soulboy
Which part correct?

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:37 pm
by The Real Slim Azza
Soulboy wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:36 pm Which part correct?
None of that stuff RA has just made up

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:40 pm
by Soulboy
Ok thanks for clarifying.

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:53 pm
by Arvo
Chris Benoit wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:57 am I've been a critic in the recent past of Casson but having been given a bit of insight to life at the club under Paul Cox' reign I am now fully behind the owner.
...
And he had his reasons believe me. Nothing to do with wanting cash back or cutting costs.
God, I hate posts like these. They're such a tease. Still, I guess I'll find out eventually (about 2027).

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:57 pm
by Bluebarrowman
So for the people in the know

Was it the correct decision for Paul Cox to leave the club?

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:58 pm
by Tom Brownlee
Arvo wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:53 pm
Chris Benoit wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:57 am I've been a critic in the recent past of Casson but having been given a bit of insight to life at the club under Paul Cox' reign I am now fully behind the owner.
...
And he had his reasons believe me. Nothing to do with wanting cash back or cutting costs.
God, I hate posts like these. They're such a tease. Still, I guess I'll find out eventually (about 2027).
They are not a tease they are pathetic - I know something you don't know! Is it the school playground or a fans forum?! And all the forum posters hanging on to every word saying 'tell me' 'PM me!'. Have a word with yourselves!

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:01 pm
by The Real Slim Azza
Tom Brownlee wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:58 pm
Arvo wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:53 pm
God, I hate posts like these. They're such a tease. Still, I guess I'll find out eventually (about 2027).
They are not a tease they are pathetic - I know something you don't know! Is it the school playground or a fans forum?! And all the forum posters hanging on to every word saying 'tell me' 'PM me!'. Have a word with yourselves!
Wait a minute, weren't you there when the original discussion happened?

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:06 pm
by Pedro
Chris Benoit wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:52 am
Pedro wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:09 am
Totally agree both wanted different things.
The Manager wanted to enhance his by reputation by getting the club promoted and the owner wants his cash back
If you say so. I don't think you could be more wrong though. If he wanted his cash back then he'd have pulled the plug on other things like the floodlights which are still being completed. Just because things aren't going at the pace we would like does not mean that they aren't progressing. We might not have a new ground pop over over night like Fleetwood and you know who but we will get there. The new manager when appointed WILL have money to spend too.

I've been a critic in the recent past of Casson but having been given a bit of insight to life at the club under Paul Cox' reign I am now fully behind the owner. We will get a decent manager in who will still have a decent budget. If Paul Casson could just stop the daft statements putting too much pressure on the squad then we might just have a shot at going about things quietly and sneaking into the promotion picture. We don't have the worst squad about and with a couple of tweaks and a new managers fresh input it'll be fine.
I think the way the floodlights had deteriated the league would have been contacted by the referees saying we could not play under them.
I think he had no option.

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:06 pm
by Lowtower
Tom Brownlee wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:58 pm
Arvo wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:53 pm
God, I hate posts like these. They're such a tease. Still, I guess I'll find out eventually (about 2027).
They are not a tease they are pathetic - I know something you don't know! Is it the school playground or a fans forum?! And all the forum posters hanging on to every word saying 'tell me' 'PM me!'. Have a word with yourselves!
Can you Pm me ?

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:17 pm
by Tom Brownlee
The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:01 pm
Tom Brownlee wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:58 pm

They are not a tease they are pathetic - I know something you don't know! Is it the school playground or a fans forum?! And all the forum posters hanging on to every word saying 'tell me' 'PM me!'. Have a word with yourselves!
Wait a minute, weren't you there when the original discussion happened?
Not sure that necessarily detracts from what I'm saying? Nor sure I was there either for any such discussion?

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:20 pm
by Lowtower
Bluebarrowman wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:57 pm So for the people in the know

Was it the correct decision for Paul Cox to leave the club?
Yes*

*If of course what I have been told is true, if not then I'd say no.

Wasn't this sort of thing what the Special a former member of this forum section was set up for ?

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:21 pm
by Chris Benoit
Pedro wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:06 pm
Chris Benoit wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:52 am

If you say so. I don't think you could be more wrong though. If he wanted his cash back then he'd have pulled the plug on other things like the floodlights which are still being completed. Just because things aren't going at the pace we would like does not mean that they aren't progressing. We might not have a new ground pop over over night like Fleetwood and you know who but we will get there. The new manager when appointed WILL have money to spend too.

I've been a critic in the recent past of Casson but having been given a bit of insight to life at the club under Paul Cox' reign I am now fully behind the owner. We will get a decent manager in who will still have a decent budget. If Paul Casson could just stop the daft statements putting too much pressure on the squad then we might just have a shot at going about things quietly and sneaking into the promotion picture. We don't have the worst squad about and with a couple of tweaks and a new managers fresh input it'll be fine.
I think the way the floodlights had deteriated the league would have been contacted by the referees saying we could not play under them.
I think he had no option.
If he wanted out he'd have been long gone before it got to that.

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:26 pm
by The Real Slim Azza
Tom Brownlee wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:17 pm
The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:01 pm

Wait a minute, weren't you there when the original discussion happened?
Not sure that necessarily detracts from what I'm saying? Nor sure I was there either for any such discussion?
I was told you were there like.