Page 7 of 8
Re: Carlisle tickets
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:13 pm
by olbarrafancumbak
Dropped a clanger the other night apparently..
Nowt to fear, just get in their faces and show them that we have every right to be where we are!
Let's get one over on them at the crucial part of the season and make them wobble!!!
Re: Carlisle tickets
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:54 pm
by Adam29
That’s one game
Your original post said that he’s had a rough few weeks
Re: Carlisle tickets
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:48 pm
by Jameston1
mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:01 pm
Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:16 pm
Having watched a number of Carlisle games the latest being Stockport at home they have some top end League 2 players set up and coached brilliantly by Paul Simpson. The only players we have that would get in their team would be Brough and McLelland IMO. Yes we could beat them but not by going all out attack.
Wouldn’t surprise me to see Broughy in a Carlisle shirt next season, 1 I hope he stays with us & 2, If we have to sell him I hope we get a good deal done….
He’s off to Wrexham as long as they get promoted I’ve heard from a fairly reliable source.
Re: Carlisle tickets
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:02 pm
by mickmike wilson
AFC Blue wrote: ↑Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:37 am
mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:09 am
Oh noooo, Didn’t know that, Let’s hope we offer him a vastly improved deal as he’s certainly worth it & if we are to be challenging next season we need the better lads playing for us.
The club needs to get as close to self sustainable as possible Mike.
We can't keep throwing loads of money at players. I'm sure if PW wants to keep PB then talks will have started.
I agree with you that we need to be as sustainable as possible but it’s a balancing act isn’t it as we have to have some progress as well or you go backwards.
Re: Carlisle tickets
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:04 pm
by mickmike wilson
Jameston1 wrote: ↑Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:48 pm
mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:01 pm
Wouldn’t surprise me to see Broughy in a Carlisle shirt next season, 1 I hope he stays with us & 2, If we have to sell him I hope we get a good deal done….
He’s off to Wrexham as long as they get promoted I’ve heard from a fairly reliable source.
That was a strong rumour a while back & could have traction, time will tell & as another posters says, If he was staying he’d have signed by now.
Re: Carlisle tickets
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:24 pm
by Jameston1
mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:04 pm
Jameston1 wrote: ↑Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:48 pm
He’s off to Wrexham as long as they get promoted I’ve heard from a fairly reliable source.
That was a strong rumour a while back & could have traction, time will tell & as another posters says, If he was staying he’d have signed by now.
100% agree. He’s done a solid job for us and don’t begrudge him a move. Just a shame it’s to a team likely to be in our league. Given our position this season it would have been nicer to see him go up a league.
Re: Carlisle tickets
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:27 pm
by Moonie
mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:10 am
Moonie wrote: ↑Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:49 pm
Aye - Jack Armer has been very consistent for us this season and is still young, having only turned 22 a couple of days ago. He's started every league game this season, and has already played well over 100 games for us. We also have a 19 year old left back who's enjoying an excellent loan spell in SFL 2 with Annan (the same club we re-signed CUFC youth product Owen Moxon from). Max Kilsby has been almost ever-present at Annan, and looks likely to have a decent future.
Brough has developed into an excellent league 2 player, but there's no guarantee he'd displace Armer. Doubt he'll be coming back to Carlisle.
Looks like I’m miles off then, Anyhow how we smash you on Saturday
We'll see soon enough - either way, it won't matter if we beat Salford the week after. That'll all but seal a playoff place, which most of us will be happy with after the dross we've had to suffer in recent years!
Re: Carlisle tickets
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:10 pm
by Methuselah
I am sure we have beaten Carlisle once this season.Ok some people might call it a minor cup competition,but at the end of the day a win is a win,so let's have a repeat on Saturday.

Re: Carlisle tickets
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:39 pm
by Methuselah
Re: Carlisle tickets
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:55 am
by PaddockCharver
Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:16 pmThe only players we have that would get in their team would be Brough and McLelland IMO.
Not a chance Brough would get in ahead of Jack Armer!
Armer is possibly the most under-rated left sided Player in the Division - And I say this as a Carlisle fan who likes Brough!

Re: Carlisle tickets
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:37 pm
by Alley_Cat
32mile_cul-de-sac wrote: ↑Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:53 pm
Alley_Cat wrote: ↑Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:09 pm
Sold 3500 as of one hour ago. Main stand sold out
is that including away fans?
I don’t know for sure but I doubt it. I guess they away fans will sell it too
Re: Carlisle tickets
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:38 pm
by Alley_Cat
mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:58 pm
Alley_Cat wrote: ↑Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:09 pm
Sold 3500 as of one hour ago. Main stand sold out
I half missed a bit of our game yesterday & did I hear Adam say over 4K had been sold by Ko yesterday?? I might have heard wrong.
Re: Carlisle tickets
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:49 pm
by Sea Dog Sam
A few members on here saying Carlisle are a big powerful team with a few class players. This is a club that, apparently, a few seasons ago - were skint - according to some posts I read on here. So how have they attracted these quality players? They're situated - similar to us - at the ar*e end of nowhere. So geographical location goes against them. Have they had a cash boost recently from some source?
Re: Carlisle tickets
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:20 pm
by Moonie
Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:49 pm
A few members on here saying Carlisle are a big powerful team with a few class players. This is a club that, apparently, a few seasons ago - were skint - according to some posts I read on here. So how have they attracted these quality players? They're situated - similar to us - at the ar*e end of nowhere. So geographical location goes against them. Have they had a cash boost recently from some source?
Nope, just some savvy recruitment from Simmo (Moxon signed from Annan Athletic, for example) to get the best out of his budget. That, and the fact that we've had a few coming through the ranks (Jack Ellis and Taylor Charters have impressed in particular), and a few lads who've been here for a few seasons (Mellish, Feeney, Armer, Guy) and really grown in that time. I'd imagine that our improving crowds should give us a better playing budget next year, but with the debt hanging over the club we're not in any position to throw cash around.
Re: Carlisle tickets
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:20 pm
by HenneysKnee
Did we ever find out if the 4000 included the away ticket sales?