Page 1 of 1
Jackson
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:43 pm
by prague bluebird
Joe Jackson has today (Friday) been recalled by parent club Burnley and will not feature for Barrow against Cambridge United. The Bluebirds have brought back midfielder Andy Ferrell from his loan spell at Blyth Spartans in time for tomorrow's game.
Re: Jackson
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:57 pm
by Cokey
I wonder if Boyes has recovered from his ankle injury yet?
Re: Jackson
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:03 pm
by spirit of 1990
Good news for Joe & I'm pleased for him but selfishly, really bad news for us.
Wonder whether thats just for Saturday or the remaining games of the season.
Re: Jackson
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:05 pm
by ant
Dont be daft. how can he have? was a balloon ankle on Monday.Baker up front.4/5/1(becoming 4/3/3/)No problem.
Re: Jackson
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:40 pm
by Jim
That's really unfortunate. I expect the lad will just be sitting on the bench but if he is looking for another contract there it's probably a good sign. As Ant says, I can't imagine Boyes will be fit. I'd give Nicko a go - for his height if nothing else. I seem to recall that he can show some neat footwork - he could be another Crouch

Re: Jackson
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:40 pm
by ant
PS. Apologies to young Joe. Meant to add thanks for his goals and all action style.many thanks young sir hope we see you here at Holker Street again one day if you dont achieve your other personal targets.You already achieved one by playing for your home town.Well done lad.
Re: Jackson
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:46 pm
by ant
Think we,l need Nico at the back Jim?
Re: Jackson
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:31 pm
by Jim
ant wrote:Think we,l need Nico at the back Jim?
Yes, you are right. I had overlooked the absence of Bolland. However, could try Moyo there?
Re: Jackson
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:39 pm
by Wintergreen
Boyes out.
Cook out.
Bolland out.
Tombola off.
Jackson off.
Tell me
What have I
What have I
What have I done to deserve this?
Well done JJ - oustanding contribution to Barrow AFC.
Re: Jackson
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:57 pm
by Matty
Wintergreen wrote:Boyes out.
Cook out.
Bolland out.
Tombola off.
Jackson off.
Tell me
What have I
What have I
What have I done to deserve this?
Well done JJ - oustanding contribution to Barrow AFC.
I was expecting a "so farewell then..."
Re: Jackson
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:58 pm
by Matty
Done very well from the start and off the bench. He'll be good enough for a higher level than this in a few years time. Hopefully he's rewarded with a contract at Burnley.
Re: Jackson
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 pm
by Angela
gutted when I saw this but thanks Joe Jackson and all the best for the future - he'll never forget scoring for his home town
Re: Jackson
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:52 am
by gazzawil
have been told that joe was watched on monday by burnley and because they have injuries upfront got recalled also told he is the only one out of all the burnley whippersnappers not told that they are keeping him for next season all the rest not signed
Re: Jackson
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:55 pm
by Craigthered
All the best Joe