Page 1 of 2
First timers or returnee's.
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:25 pm
by spirit of 1990
Just wondering if all the excitment of the takeover, players & ground improvements (floodlights) is going to bring any new supporters in or even attract back onto the terrace's the people who had lost interest over the past couple of years.
I know one of my two brothers has said he'll take in a few games this year & three lads at work have said they'll be coming down from the start of the season & see how it goes (I admit, I think two of them just gave in to my constant pestering) one even came down the ground to help us last Sunday, another is a contractor who seems to be taking an interest.
So there's five possible new supporters that I know of, just imagine if everyone had a similar story. On the downside, one ex regular won't be coming back anytime soon as he has now sorted himself out with other things to do on a Saturday.
It's obviously very important to get new supporters taking an interest but I'd love to see some of the ex regulars back at HS this season.
Re: First timers or returnee's.
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:42 pm
by gbraider
+1 Im returning mainly due to finances improving enabling me to attend after 3 or 4 years if that can count!!!
Re: First timers or returnee's.
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:56 pm
by Kendal_bluebird
My first game ever was harrogate at home last year and Only missed 1 after that! Season tickets will be purchased! I started when times wher badish! So good times to look forward to!
Re: First timers or returnee's.
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:02 pm
by the_city_of_urswick
My first game was in 2009 against Tamworth, I was 10 I think and was only there because I was forced to watch my brother In a half time penalty shoutout. we won 1-0 and Tamworth had a player sent off. The whole excitement with the red card and scraping out win etc got me in to it , I ditched premier league football as I couldn't stay away from Holker street and haven't missed many home games since and try to get to as many away ones as I can.

Re: First timers or returnee's.
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:47 am
by mickmike wilson
Great to hear the younger lads stories of getting the BAFC bug, bring your mates with you, they will thank you later :flag:
Re: First timers or returnee's.
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:39 am
by barrowfan1999
Went to my first Barrow game against Luton last year. We won 1-0 with Boyes lobbing the keeper after about ten minutes. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and I knew I was going to the next game. As the games went on I took more of my mates and it looks like they got the bug aswell! Ever since then I havent missed a home league/cup game since and will hopefully bring more mates and watch some away ones for the Edmolution!
Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
Re: First timers or returnee's.
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:09 am
by bigcod123
at least 2 of my work colleagues are coming back after being away for 2 years...I hope we get off to a good start! then more will come.

Re: First timers or returnee's.
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:57 am
by memories of 67
I will be returning this season after opting out the whole of last season. I only went to one friendly last season and didn't like what was on show, (although you shouldn't take friendly performances as an indicator for the season ahead), but on this occassion I was right.
Things are looking good for the season ahead and hopefully for many more to come, might even go to the friendly against Carlisle on Saturday (but won't be swayed by the teams performance either way).
Onwards & upwards.
Re: First timers or returnee's.
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:48 pm
by Reg
I'm undecided.
Dawn wants to come back but I'm #NotArsed about it.
Nothing to do with the club, or anything like that. I just don't love football like I used to. If I did come back, it would be more just to see some faces that I miss seeing regularly than anything else.
Might pop to the friendly tomorrow if the weather is decent.
Re: First timers or returnee's.
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:52 pm
by audigex
I'll be around more this season, but more due to personal circumstance then the football situation. I've only made a handful of games in the last couple of years, and more of those away than home.
Re: First timers or returnee's.
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:15 pm
by Cubbins Paratrooper
Reg wrote:I'm undecided.
Dawn wants to come back but I'm #NotArsed about it.
Nothing to do with the club, or anything like that. I just don't love football like I used to. If I did come back, it would be more just to see some faces that I miss seeing regularly than anything else.
Might pop to the friendly tomorrow if the weather is decent.
Come on, Reg. Get yourself down to Holker Street again. Your incisive and entertaining terrace commentaries on all things AFC will be most welcome...by some of us, at least!
Re: First timers or returnee's.
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:53 pm
by HarveyBAFC
My first barrow game was in 2003 aged 4, I started going properly in the 05/06 season. I have only missed a few games since then.

Re: First timers or returnee's.
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:54 pm
by Jonty
Lost count of the amount of time I've said "That's it" down the years. Didn't attend at all for a number of seasons early 2000's when the kids first came along and i was often working away. it's easy to get out of it just by not attending a few games. It was very difficult last season stuck at the bottom to keep coming back.
However it's just as easy to get right back into it as well and this is the time to look forward to a new era and what could be the start of a fantastic journey back to where we all want to be! so first timers or returnee's- all Barrow fans and all needed.
Re: First timers or returnee's.
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:33 am
by Cliff_Corner
First time I'll be back at HS since the 4-0 home demolition by Stockport last Sept/Oct time. My first game witnessing the Edmolution. Hoping to catch the bug again after losing faith in the latter Bayliss regime. Not expecting miracles tomorrow with it being a relatively new squad but hoping to see some good attacking football on the ground and good movement off the ball. If the team show willingness to attack as a team and defend as a team and show desire to win then it's very likely that I will return on a more regular basis. Tomorrow is more about desire and passion than it is about result.
Re: First timers or returnee's.
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:12 am
by barrowaberdeen
It's a friendly- so if I go not expecting owt at all.
Good to see we are making an effort with the kits etc and one or two folk who'd packed in seem to be interested again.
We've got people in who will score a million goals in this league if they get any sort of service, wins will bring people back more than owt else.