Page 1 of 9

Cross Bar Improvements/Re-naming

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:40 pm
by Barrowabc
I'm working in the cross bar doing the refurb and it's
been long hours and moneing sparky's ! I can't wait to see it
all finished and the over all look will blow people away.
mr casson has backed up every word of what he has said
and is putting his money where his mouth is 'thank you'

like last time for me this is a dream come true and behind scenes
what go's on and how much time suzanne and Steve Patton put in is mad
and on average Gareth puts in I'd say four hours a day in and out
hope I don't get told off ' again' for posting about this but come next sat
when everyone is there you'll see a huge change.

the ceilings are been skimmed over the weekend and 7 lads will be
on with that all weekend. Hope people feel how I do about what's happening
at the club still can't really believe it been honest. It's nice to post about
the positives and leave the negative's behind.
though I'm sure some negative sod will bring the tone down.
I'm glad I don't get chance to post as often as no comp or means
unless I visit kids :D not a bad thing !

Re: cross bar

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:51 pm
by Thelandlord
Looking forward to seeing it all finished, any good pictures going up? Vases gone?

Re: cross bar

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:57 pm
by Barrowabc
Thelandlord wrote:Looking forward to seeing it all finished, any good pictures going up? Vases gone?
been told local artist john duffin been comishtioned to do art work ! and really expensive wall paper and paint
a lot of work already been done the club is growing and it's mad seeing it and been a tiny part it. hope our owner and
family like it :D

Re: cross bar

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:01 pm
by McMark
Has the orange HOOters sign arrived yet Tommy, you know the one with the Owl!

Re: cross bar

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:21 pm
by capman
When is it all going to be finished tommy

Re: cross bar

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:16 pm
by Barrowabc
hopefully by sat mate yet please don't hold me to this.
a lot of hours going to be put in so hopefully crossbar should
be there or there about ! I've a few 5.30 am starts to pull it a round.

Re: cross bar

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:46 pm
by capman
Is it all getting plastered out and new carpets

Re: cross bar

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:46 am
by popsider
Yep some amazing things happening at the club, and this is just the start of a whole new building programme, amazing what you can do with a few mill in the bank, best decision we have made as ex members of the club.

Re: cross bar

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:17 pm
by Wintergreen
You’re not wrong Popsider, things are going much better and quicker than expected so well done us and our local boy done good. I’m on a bit of a proj at home at the moment so when I was en route to the Civic Amenity Site (the tip) on Saturday I noticed there was a fleet of white vans in the official car park and quite a few cars. They’re certainly giving it beans as we used to say.

Re: cross bar

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:59 pm
by Cubbins Paratrooper
Whatever next? Some proper ale and pies at Holker Street, perhaps? Now that would be sensational.

Re: cross bar

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:24 pm
by McMark
Cubbins Paratrooper wrote:Whatever next? Some proper ale and pies at Holker Street, perhaps? Now that would be sensational.
Did someone say ale that would be real! :D Agree things nowday's at Holker St move at a frantic pace!!

Re: cross bar

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:08 pm
by Steelworks End
Mark Mc wrote:
Cubbins Paratrooper wrote:Whatever next? Some proper ale and pies at Holker Street, perhaps? Now that would be sensational.
Did someone say ale that would be real! :D Agree things nowday's at Holker St move at a frantic pace!!
Coniston's Bluebird Bitter on handpump. It's gotta happen!

Re: cross bar

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:18 pm
by Bigfathoss
Cubbins Paratrooper wrote:Whatever next? Some proper ale and pies at Holker Street, perhaps? Now that would be sensational.
Get Delish in as caterers. Unbeatable

Re: cross bar

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:28 pm
by whitty1969
Bigfathoss wrote:
Cubbins Paratrooper wrote:Whatever next? Some proper ale and pies at Holker Street, perhaps? Now that would be sensational.
Get Delish in as caterers. Unbeatable
I agree, Fantastic pies.....Best in the area.

Re: cross bar

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:36 pm
by barrowaberdeen
Logged on mid work to agree on Delish for the pies.

Hate the name but the pies are outstandingly good.

Couldn't we utilise an area inside the X bar 'complex' that would make this possible?

And ale....