Page 1 of 1
Have we loaned too many players out ?
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:20 pm
by Colin Appleton
Great win today, excellent three points but with the likelihood of Pilks and possibly Walker joining Mr Wilson on the injury list just wondered if we're going to be a bit stretched over the Xmas period.
Can we recall the likes of Cribley, Williams and Newby on short notice or do they have to stay for their whole loan spells ?
One other question I thought Livesey was due a one match suspension soon or have I made that one up and are any other players close to facing a suspension?
Re: Have we loaned too many players out ?
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:32 pm
by HenneysKnee
Id rather we signed some new players, the ones out on loan are there for a reason
Re: Have we loaned too many players out ?
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:37 pm
by the_city_of_urswick
I thought livesey was suspended for today's game myself but obviously not. Also I thought Williams was already back with us? Yeah we need new players not them imo
Re: Have we loaned too many players out ?
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:20 pm
by John Very Little
Colin Appleton wrote:Great win today, excellent three points but with the likelihood of Pilks and possibly Walker joining Mr Wilson on the injury list just wondered if we're going to be a bit stretched over the Xmas period.
Can we recall the likes of Cribley, Williams and Newby on short notice or do they have to stay for their whole loan spells?
Unsure if they've changed since last season but the rules about loans were that you can't recall the player in the first month but after that you can recall them at pretty much any time.
It was mentioned this week that now his month loan is up we can recall Cribley at 24hrs notice which could be a possibility depending how serious the injury is to Pilks.
Re: Have we loaned too many players out ?
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:15 pm
by saltcellar
Williams gone to Salford on a 3 month loan deal.
Edmondson said on the radio tonight that he might recall Cribley if he is needed depending on severity of injuries.
Re: Have we loaned too many players out ?
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:18 am
by Jo am back
Have to say I think Williams has been harshly treated,it appears because we have Grand and Livesey who are excellent he has been totally excluded.Last season he had some excellent games in particular against a physical North ferriby team,I also think he is a far better player than Willis,who to be honest isn't good enough.
Re: Have we loaned too many players out ?
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:02 am
by spirit of 1990
I would definitely have Williams back in the starting line up when one of Grand or Livesey are injured/suspended. Not the best CB we've ever had, but most certainly a step up from what has been tried this season.
Got to agree with Jo am back, I also think he has been treat a little harshly.
Re: Have we loaned too many players out ?
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:42 am
by Scott
Newby aside as I haven't seen him play, I don't think any of the players out on loan are good enough to come back into our team, not if we are wanting to win the league.
Williams was awful in the first couple of games of this season and can't remember him playing since the Runcorn disaster. He wasn't alone that day in having a shocker I know, but he's too limited compared to Livesey and Grand - if anything were to happen to either of those we'd be done for.
I'd agree that Willis isn't any better than Williams but in his defence he's a fullback who has been played at centre half.
Cribley has always been a frustrating player, shows glimpses of ability but wants too long on the ball and doesn't do enough for me. Compared to Reid, Pilkington he's nowhere near their level or even Gorman who we should see more of now Pilkington is injured.
I'd agree with henneys knee that a couple of new additions are whats needed rather than bringing players back in who we loaned out for a reason.
Re: Have we loaned too many players out ?
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:39 pm
by spirit of 1990
Scott wrote:I'd agree with henneys knee that a couple of new additions are whats needed rather than bringing players back in who we loaned out for a reason.
I'd agree that some of the players who we have loaned out are not up to playing on a regular basis in any team that has genuine ambitions of winning this league but the way I see it is, Edmo knew all about Williams, Willis, Cribley etc & & their abilities/limitations as they were here last season. What I find baffling is as we decided to re-sign these players that we now overlook them when they're needed, & I don't mean playing a player but out of position......it's confusing.
Having said that, we're top of the league so something's working right!!
Re: Have we loaned too many players out ?
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:30 pm
by spirit of 1990
Well I think we'll have a better idea of what Edmo considers good enough over this Christmas period. We already have the answer on Williams (harshly imo) He also looks like he's not convinced by Ellison (ongoing search for a loan striker) and now we have Pilks looking like he'll be out for up to five weeks, if this is the case the obvious choice as cover for the similar players we have fit would be Cribley.
Two big, big blows with Wilson & now Pilks being out over this very busy period. We also have the worry about how bad Jase's injury is.
I like Pilks although he could do with being more involved at times as he seems to drift very easily in & out of games but the worry with him is he does seem very, very injury prone.
Time for Jonny Gorman to step up & show everyone what Edmo see's in him, because up to now I don't think he's done too much to warrant all the fuss & chasing shown by our manager.