Page 1 of 1

Pete Kirby, Fundraiser.

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:35 am
by McMark
Fund raiser in memory of Pete Kirby tomorrow at 19:30 The Nines
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=569E8289

Re: Pete Kirby, Fundraiser.

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:47 am
by spirit of 1990
Can't make that but happy to make a donation to two worthy causes there.

Anyone collecting?

Re: Pete Kirby, Fundraiser.

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:05 pm
by corner 91
Anybody who can't make it can donate through the Bluebirds Trust via PayPal to info@bluebirdstrust.co.uk or by dropping your donation off in our shop on Saturday.

Re: Pete Kirby, Fundraiser.

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:34 pm
by Cokey
BUMP.

This is TONIGHT. Be great to see a good turnout for Pete. Should be a top night.

Re: Pete Kirby, Fundraiser.

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:28 am
by McMark
Just returned home from the Pete Kirby Memorial charity fundraiser at the Nines, left very humbled indeed!! I personally didn't know Pete very well really but remember Derek and Barbara his parents from the toddler groups my kids attended, they did his memory proud tonight with the crème de la crème of local talent assembling to pay a fitting tribute to his memory and raise much needed cash for his young daughter Sophie and St Mary's Hospice.

First up was Pete Thompson who doubled up as compare for the evening his good vocals and guitar along with his dry wit went down well!

This was followed by a set by Denis Horan with his mix of Soul and Garry Barlowesk songs getting the place bouncing, he even did a tribute to Pete with his touching rendition of the Marcels and Man City anthem Blue Moon.

After a break for the raffle and yours truly collecting a nice half bottle of Drambuie the acoustic talents of Jamie Bosanko were soon echoing round the room and very good he was too.

The highlight of the night for me were the "Pity the Small Thumbs" reformed just for the night after a twenty one year absence, they soon had the place bouncing playing their edgy rock as though it was yesterday, Motion being my Favourite.

Last but no means least, Lisa Hart arrived on stage and unfortunately mid track my stagecoach arrived to wheel me home before I turned into a pumpkin, so I never really got to appreciate Lisa's many talents. A good and highly entertaining night and a fitting tribute to a loyal Barrow AFC football supporter.

Re: Pete Kirby, Fundraiser.

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:51 am
by spirit of 1990
Hope plenty was raised for his young Daughter & St Mary's.

With St Mary's being involved by recieving 50% of the donations AND Pete being a BAFC supporter for many, many years it'd be a nice touch if the club allowed his friends to walk around with a bucket collection on Saturday.

Re: Pete Kirby, Fundraiser.

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:57 am
by Middleton Nick
spirit of 1990 wrote:Hope plenty was raised for his young Daughter & St Mary's.

With St Mary's being involved by recieving 50% of the donations AND Pete being a BAFC supporter for many, many years it'd be a nice touch if the club allowed his friends to walk around with a bucket collection on Saturday.
Didn't we have a bucket collection a while ago,which I donated to although I didn't know him.No problem having another though.

Re: Pete Kirby, Fundraiser.

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:00 pm
by spirit of 1990
Graythwaite Nick wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote:Hope plenty was raised for his young Daughter & St Mary's.

With St Mary's being involved by recieving 50% of the donations AND Pete being a BAFC supporter for many, many years it'd be a nice touch if the club allowed his friends to walk around with a bucket collection on Saturday.
Didn't we have a bucket collection a while ago,which I donated to although I didn't know him.No problem having another though.
Ah, apologies if we did Nick, I must've missed that.

Re: Pete Kirby, Fundraiser.

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:47 pm
by McMark
spirit of 1990 wrote:
Graythwaite Nick wrote: Didn't we have a bucket collection a while ago,which I donated to although I didn't know him.No problem having another though.
Ah, apologies if we did Nick, I must've missed that.
Aye we had collection at the Dover game Ian and it raised in the region of £700, I think you were still on holiday bud!

Re: Pete Kirby, Fundraiser.

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:59 pm
by spirit of 1990
Mark Mc wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote: Ah, apologies if we did Nick, I must've missed that.
Aye we had collection at the Dover game Ian and it raised in the region of £700, I think you were still on holiday bud!
Made sure I was back for the start of the season Mark but might've been dragged up the X Bar! Will stick a donation in the Trust office on Saturday mate.