Page 1 of 1
Sad State of Affairs!
Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:24 pm
by McMark
Felt a little let down and disappointed by one of the senior bar staff at the club today when a regular at the club decided to vent his frustration at our capitulation by asking at the man of the match presentation how could the award be justifiably accepted by our defender Simon Grand as we had conceded three late goals! Simon dealt with the situation manfully and spoke with the individual on a one to one basis in the lobby and it all ended amicably and they both went their separate ways! But as soon as the guy returned to his seat with friends he was promptly asked to sup up and leave as he was deemed to have been rude and confrontational, this simply was not the case and having witnessed what had happened I spoke to the staff member to try and explain the situation to her but she was so self-righteous and clearly not in a mood to listen to reason, then she referred to us as punters a term I took exception to, we are the clubs customers many very loyal and earn her a decent wage and sometimes people need reminding of that fact. I don't expect people to be verbally abused but this was just surely understandable frustration after the game panned out the way it did and I'm sure many felt the same way but bit their tongues. It was a very heavy handed way to deal with the situation and in my view it could of been handled far better.
Re: Sad State of Affairs!
Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:31 pm
by Middleton Nick
A bad end to the day all round.Poor customer relations.
Re: Sad State of Affairs!
Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:53 pm
by boyliegladbach
Aye, some people are just good at pulling pints and that is all they should do.
Re: Sad State of Affairs!
Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:26 am
by Holkerbird
Did this occur during the presentation? If so it might have been less embarrassing to everyone if the person had followed Grand out and asked him the question in private.
Someone has paid to name a MoM and as such that person is entitled to do so without any controversy. If I remember the announcement on the tannoy said it was in memory of someone.
If however it was done without being in full view of everyone I apologise.
Re: Sad State of Affairs!
Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:41 am
by crossbar
Sums the club up at present, bad day all round
Re: Sad State of Affairs!
Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:04 pm
by The Real Slim Azza
I had a run in with what was probably the same person.
In front of fans and other staff members I was called a whole host of names and was involved in a very awkward situation to say the least.
I didnt know the person but they knew me for sure ! I was mid conversation with a freind who doesnt come to the soccer that much and they were literally stopped in their words when this staff member went off on one
This was down to my previous critisms of the club which this person had taken very personally and according to my mate was throwing me looks as I entered the cross bar.
The irony is that this person said i was wrong to critisise the club saying that it is at times unprofessional and lacks customer service.
You can't go doing these things whilst you are at work.
If I was a different person then I could have complained and took it further.
Must have just been a bad day
Re: Sad State of Affairs!
Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:38 pm
by popsider
a former member of this forum, if it's the same person you had a run in with then your not the only one many people won't go into the place because of this individual and now use the soccer bar instead including me, I'm surprised the new owners kept this person in employment.
Re: Sad State of Affairs!
Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:50 pm
by The Real Slim Azza
popsider wrote:a former member of this forum, if it's the same person you had a run in with then your not the only one many people won't go into the place because of this individual and now use the soccer bar instead including me, I'm surprised the new owners kept this person in employment.
Not good at all really. The club needs all the fans it can get. I might join you in there in future!
Re: Sad State of Affairs!
Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:08 pm
by Steeley
Fans seen as an inconvenience rather than paying customers.
Re: Sad State of Affairs!
Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:44 pm
by EHB
I just wish the club was better.
I never get too disheartened when the team is shit because that's football. Over a lifetime it's peaks and troughs and it will even out.
But to have a club that is so out of touch with it's fans, it's loyal fans is literally distressing.
Someone at the top needs to address the systematic lazy, rude and downright amateur culture at this club.
If it were a business, the loyal customers would be long gone.
It's sad. We could be so good, but were so poor.
Re: Sad State of Affairs!
Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:45 pm
by EHB
I really do question what the CEO is doing.
Re: Sad State of Affairs!
Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:03 pm
by barrowaberdeen
I'll give this Barrow team their due, they do have folk like Grandy, Livesey and certainly Paddy Lacey who will front up (in a fair way) fans who have left all reason behind because of their frustration, passion and sometimes drink to be fair. I think back to that 'Goodfellow' team who we spent the trophy money on and shudder.
It's a small town and must be difficult to have everything done at the club picked apart on here- I guess if we do that then there's got to be a right of reply- we can't have it both ways. In a sense it sounds like whoever pulled up Grandy and the person who pulled up a former member of this forum both could have gone about things in a more constructive manner. Wasn't there yesterday but I would always come back to the fact that folk there have been managed very poorly over a number of years- that is not their fault IMO. But what a missed opportunity- here we have a club that is solvent for once, has some decent players relative to what we are usually like- and there's still a massive disconnect in loads of ways.
Re: Sad State of Affairs!
Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:25 pm
by barrowfan_chris
Going slightly off topic but is this club being run any better than it was under the keens and co?
We've tarted up the cross bar and built a new corprate room. We've spent money on the pitch.
Hopefully things can get better on and off the pitch soon.
If Casson walked away tomorrow we would be in serious shit a ground still falling apart, expensive player contracts and it seems a lack of income bar match reciepts and same person sponsoring MOM nearly every week.
Still Casson is here for the long term he said so lets hope he has a big bank balance.
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Re: Sad State of Affairs!
Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:39 pm
by The Real Slim Azza
This is what Ive been saying for around 18 months now! ^^