Page 1 of 7

SPONSORED HITCH TO TORQUAY

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:46 pm
by barrowaberdeen
Bluebirds!

This year, in order to raise money to support people who might otherwise not make Barrow AFC Home games, on August 12/13th I am undertaking a sponsored hitch hike to Torquay from Furness, under the auspices of the Bluebirds Trust.

All money raised will go to a match ticket 'fund which the Trust will administer. For example, £40 raised might pay for a class of local children to attend with their teachers, a couple of fans from a community group, someone who would like to go but needs a carer to come with them, a youth club prize, or just a family who have had a bit of a bad time and would like a day out. People can apply to Trust Tickets- we think this way we will get the maximum usage and also those that donated will get a real sense of where their tickets are going.

So, however small (even a £1 gets a child in) please do sponsor, there will be a link posted soon for folk who want to donate. Sponsor forms will also be available at the Trust Office in the ground, from the Carlisle game tomorrow where you can also make donations etc if you wish. I am trying to get to £500.

We'll keep you updated during the 'road trip' through Trust Facebook and Twitter. Please consider sponsoring me and help someone else get down to Holker Street

ALL BARROW ARE'NT WE!

Donations can be made on this link https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/Her ... htoTorquay

Re: SPONSORED HITCH TO TORQUAY

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:51 pm
by barrowfan_chris
Stick me down to sponsor £10 :scarf:

Re: SPONSORED HITCH TO TORQUAY

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:13 pm
by Kirks
Stick us down for a tenner too.

Re: SPONSORED HITCH TO TORQUAY

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:23 pm
by Bingo
Put me down for a tenner I'll give you it in Torquay.

Re: SPONSORED HITCH TO TORQUAY

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:38 pm
by McMark
Good man! Should be able to manage 20 Euros and a pint of Loweswater Gold for your withered thumb! ;) :scarf: :scarf:

Re: SPONSORED HITCH TO TORQUAY

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:46 pm
by Adam29
Stick us down for a tenner mate see you at the finish

Re: SPONSORED HITCH TO TORQUAY

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:42 pm
by speccy
Just hitch a lift on supporters coach,sorted :D :D

Re: SPONSORED HITCH TO TORQUAY

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:43 pm
by GTBLUE
Hope it goes without a "hitch" Steve. Comon, someone was bound to say it. I"m in for £50

Re: SPONSORED HITCH TO TORQUAY

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:52 pm
by Middleton Nick
In for a tenner.

Re: SPONSORED HITCH TO TORQUAY

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:28 pm
by Lancaster Branch
I will donate after the event according to the difficulty of the hitch. For instance, you'll get less for a smooth journey involving one or two lifts than a harrowing journey that sees you mixing with vagrants and spending part of the journey strapped to the underside of a lorry etc.

Re: SPONSORED HITCH TO TORQUAY

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:37 pm
by GTBLUE
Lancaster Branch wrote:I will donate after the event according to the difficulty of the hitch. For instance, you'll get less for a smooth journey involving one or two lifts than a harrowing journey that sees you mixing with vagrants and spending part of the journey strapped to the underside of a lorry etc.
That happens from wear Steve is heading to though Dave :lol:

Re: SPONSORED HITCH TO TORQUAY

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:42 pm
by ruins
Lancaster Branch wrote:I will donate after the event according to the difficulty of the hitch. For instance, you'll get less for a smooth journey involving one or two lifts than a harrowing journey that sees you mixing with vagrants and spending part of the journey strapped to the underside of a lorry etc.
Sounds like Kiddy a few years back Dave!

Re: SPONSORED HITCH TO TORQUAY

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:05 pm
by barrowaberdeen
GTBLUE wrote:
Lancaster Branch wrote:I will donate after the event according to the difficulty of the hitch. For instance, you'll get less for a smooth journey involving one or two lifts than a harrowing journey that sees you mixing with vagrants and spending part of the journey strapped to the underside of a lorry etc.
That happens from wear Steve is heading to though Dave :lol:
Hahaha superb and thanks so far to all.

Got a hundred quid donated from within the club tonight and many thanks for that. Nice evening.

The only benchmark I've got from recent years is I hitched Ulverston to Aberdeen about 5 years ago. It took about 7 and a half hours and 6 lifts which was pretty good. I don't expect it to be that easy. Barrow is actually rubbish to hitch out of so I am starting at Booths Roundabout as always- its 335 miles I think. I would hope to do it in 12 hours but you just don't know.

Re: SPONSORED HITCH TO TORQUAY

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:41 am
by Kirks
Lancaster Branch wrote:I will donate after the event according to the difficulty of the hitch. For instance, you'll get less for a smooth journey involving one or two lifts than a harrowing journey that sees you mixing with vagrants and spending part of the journey strapped to the underside of a lorry etc.
How much will you give him if he ends up hitching with Joe Quest?

Re: SPONSORED HITCH TO TORQUAY

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:41 am
by barrowaberdeen
£220 pledged/given so far, great start in under 24 hours. There will be a sponsor form and/or a place to donate in the Trust Office today.