Page 1 of 12
Questions for Friday
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:03 am
by olbarrafancumbak
May be worth starting this and getting some serious but sensible questions ready?
I cant make Friday nor can many others so perhaps Spirit could take any views, concerns and questions from here and maybe get the answers we all want?
Ive been in and spoken to Andrew recently so I'm relatively happy with what he has told me BUT after a rumour was started on here, the one question I want to ask is...
ARE YOU SELLING UP and JACKING IN?
Please feel free to add..
Re: Questions for Friday
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:50 am
by The Real Slim Azza
1. What is the clubs plan for the next 5 years?
1.(b) Has the club ever had a plan? Can you share with us what the plan is? So everyone can get behind the specifics to ensure that the club reaches its target. (Its ok saying " football league in 5 years" but there needs to be objectives to meet that plan as a whole)
2. What has been put in place to ensure that any target is reached?
2. (b) what has been put in place that is now generating profit from the previous 3 years?.
3. Can a push to the football league be realistically financed? or are assumptions just based on the hope of scraping into the play offs one year?
4. How did the club go from aiming to employ "someone better than Paul Cox" to land at his assistant ? Was this because it would have been too expensive to bring two new faces on fresh contracts as well as terminating an existing one?
5. Why has the club not employed a football person in the right position to ensure growth off the pitch?
6. Why does the club believe a 7th place finish in this league is not good enough?
7. What happened to Gary Simpson?
8. With recent mention of plans for the Cross Bar End coming up, does this mean any other renovation/building work is not going to happen? If so then why? I.E HS End, One New Stand Each Season from the start of the 2015/16 season.
9. Is the clubs plan to become a selling club? Are the clubs hopes of becoming self sustainable hinged on whether Paul Ogden can sign 3 players good enough to be sold on each season?
10. Why has the owner been so quiet over the last 3 months? All we have really seen is a statement after Cox left.
Re: Questions for Friday
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:59 am
by spongebobsquarepants
1. What was the cause of the disagreement between you and Paul Ogden that led to rumours of his resignation?
2. Why did you force the Strakers out of the club?
3. What was the cause of the friction between Paul Cox and you/your Dad?
4. Why did you decide to restructure the football side of the club without consulting Paul Cox?
5. If Barrow finish 7th or below does that mean Micky Moore will be sacked?
6. Did you interview any other candidates for the manager's job or were you trying to avoid a constructive dismissal claim from Paul Cox?
7. How much money has the club lost since the last accounts were published?
8. Has the club's turnover increased since PC purchased the club?
9. Who is in charge player recruitment?
10. Have you researched the history of the 'Director of Football' role in English football to see whether it is a successful model?
Re: Questions for Friday
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:06 am
by olbarrafancumbak
all reasonable stuff... keep it flowing!
Ive already asked some of the above and am happy with what ive been told!
But obviously some stuff I hvnt and will be intrigued to know answers too..
Not sure about the Paul cox questions as I think that may be private but if it makes some happy, fill your boots.
Re: Questions for Friday
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:08 am
by Steeley
Who is responsible for the overall success or failure of the squad, Moore or Ogden? Ogden is praised with putting the squad together.
"Paul Ogden has done a great job assembling a squad that doesn’t seem to have any major weaknesses."
Re: Questions for Friday
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:10 am
by olbarrafancumbak
Perhaps may be worth mentioning what WE WANT to see or would like to happen with regards to club etc?
Re: Questions for Friday
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:55 am
by spirit of 1990
olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:03 am
I cant make Friday nor can many others so perhaps Spirit could take any views, concerns and questions from here and maybe get the answers we all want?
Thanks Mike....
Not sure this is the best way to do things (as I've explained once before) We've got 21 (23 including parts "b") questions off THREE supporters. I know they'll probably cover a lot of supporters questions but the problem is if people are actually turning up to ask questions personally it's going to be very unfair to ask 23 (so far) off people who can't be there, even if through no fault of their own.
What about you narrow them down a bit and IF the other questions haven't been asked as the night goes on I'll make a list of the others so they can get an airing.
I won't be there for the full evening so I can only pass them on but we can see how that works if you want.
Re: Questions for Friday
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:07 am
by cuffy
spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:55 am
olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:03 am
I cant make Friday nor can many others so perhaps Spirit could take any views, concerns and questions from here and maybe get the answers we all want?
Thanks Mike....
Not sure this is the best way to do things (as I've explained once before) We've got 21 (23 including parts "b") questions off THREE supporters. I know they'll probably cover a lot of supporters questions but the problem is if people are actually turning up to ask questions personally it's going to be very unfair to ask 23 (so far) off people who can't be there, even if through no fault of their own.
What about you narrow them down a bit and IF the other questions haven't been asked as the night goes on I'll make a list of the others so they can get an airing.
I won't be there for the full evening so I can only pass them on but we can see how that works if you want.
Ian I agree with what you say. Having read through the questions raised above there are far more than the 23 in number. There are lots of questions within the question. Hopefully the ploy is for a late bar that should bring revenue into the club, in fact an extension maybe needed.
Re: Questions for Friday
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:22 am
by tictactoe
All seem reasonable questions to be asked. I hope this doesn't turn into a slanging match between fans and Casson junior and the questions are asked sensibly and he gives true responses and not just tries to talk his way out of the question with cliches etc and not give an honest answer. He's called for this so he has to be honest. I wish I could attend but unfortunately cannot so if the full thing is not covered on here or the official website if anyone wants to PM me with the gist of things it would be appreciated - I don't do twitter
Re: Questions for Friday
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:02 am
by HenneysKnee
Has Liam Hughes been released?
Has our target now changed or will Moore have to be sacked if we finish below 7th this season?
Re: Questions for Friday
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:24 am
by barrowfan_chris
HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:02 amHas our target now changed or will Moore have to be sacked if we finish below 7th this season?
Already answered here in this article half way down
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/barrow-a ... f5fe241-ds
Re: Questions for Friday
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:50 am
by michaelstreet75
What has Mickey moore done in his previous roles at other clubs or in his 7 games in charge at barrow to convince you he is the man to "better " what Paul cox did?
Re: Questions for Friday
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:58 am
by barrowaberdeen
tictactoe wrote: ↑Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:22 am
All seem reasonable questions to be asked. I hope this doesn't turn into a slanging match between fans and Casson junior and the questions are asked sensibly and he gives true responses and not just tries to talk his way out of the question with cliches etc and not give an honest answer. He's called for this so he has to be honest. I wish I could attend but unfortunately cannot so if the full thing is not covered on here or the official website if anyone wants to PM me with the gist of things it would be appreciated - I don't do twitter
Aye, in a nutshell, for both AC and everyone else there. Everything that has been suggested covers what I would have asked although there are possible ways of putting aspects of those questions together.
Re: Questions for Friday
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:05 pm
by Jameston1
Is it true that in a meeting with the players that you referred to the full backs as quarter backs? Genuine question after being told this by someone at the club
Re: Questions for Friday
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:20 pm
by glasgow_blue
Not a lot to add questions already put apart from
What measures are the club going to take to improve relations with supporters? When Paul Casson took over the club he said he wanted transparency. Over the past few months it seems supporters have been kept more and more in the dark and the clubs silence on various issues has been deafening. Now, i understand there are certain things i.e transfer negotiations which have confidentiality clauses which is fine, it's in the day to day running of the club where the problem lies.