Page 1 of 7

Commercial

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:22 am
by Bingo
I noticed someone tweet yesterday asking if the club had hats in stock ( because it's cold ). The club answered to say we have a few in stock

At this time of year the shop should be packed with merchandise - hats / scarfs / gloves / Christmas gifts etc

Re: Commercial

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:53 am
by Wintergreen
They should be coining it in. How many people are stuck for Xmas gift ideas and have no awareness that there is a shop at the FBSS 'packed' with products for the discerning AFC supporter? I have a fairly large extended family, they know I foller the soccer and yet I have never received anything from the club's shop as an Xmas gift. If it was my business I would have a flashing neon side outside the stadium directing people in there and then supplement that with another announcing 'Sale now on!' and the usual things like that. On average retailers spend 10% of their budget on advertising.

Re: Commercial

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:59 am
by barrowfan
We seem to be short on someone in Barrow to push this sort of thing since Emma left.

Re: Commercial

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:05 am
by HenneysKnee
Our club shop not stocked properly? You do surprise me!

Re: Commercial

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:44 pm
by Jim
Wintergreen wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:53 am I have a fairly large extended family, they know I foller the soccer and yet I have never received anything from the club's shop as an Xmas gift.
You should have a word with your family. I have a collection of hats and scarves tracing Barrow AFC fashions through the ages. ;)

Re: Commercial

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:22 pm
by Lancaster Branch
HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:05 am Our club shop not stocked properly? You do surprise me!
Just waiting to get rid of the last of those Jason Walker/Wembley t-shirts and we’ll get a new range in, i’m sure.

Re: Commercial

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:23 pm
by Lancaster Branch
barrowfan wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:59 am We seem to be short on someone in Barrow to push this sort of thing since Emma left.
There’s hardly anything to sell though. We could have a sales team of twenty and it’d make no difference.

Re: Commercial

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:31 pm
by Wintergreen
Jim wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:44 pm
Wintergreen wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:53 am I have a fairly large extended family, they know I foller the soccer and yet I have never received anything from the club's shop as an Xmas gift.
You should have a word with your family. I have a collection of hats and scarves tracing Barrow AFC fashions through the ages. ;)
I am envious of your collection Jim, but such discussions vis-a-vis gifts are usually done surreptitiously and I can just imagine the conversations if it be known I would like something from the Barrow AFC shop. 'What shop?' 'Where is it?' 'We went and it was shut' etc. However, you are right I will put it out there in good faith and perhaps we all should do so.

Re: Commercial

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:51 pm
by barrowfan
Lancaster Branch wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:23 pm
barrowfan wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:59 am We seem to be short on someone in Barrow to push this sort of thing since Emma left.
There’s hardly anything to sell though. We could have a sales team of twenty and it’d make no difference.

Re: Commercial

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:53 pm
by barrowfan
barrowfan wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:51 pm
Lancaster Branch wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:23 pm

There’s hardly anything to sell though. We could have a sales team of twenty and it’d make no difference.

Wonder if AC is now in charge of the commercial side. Not to have the shop stocked at this time of year is ludicrous. Do the club offer an on-line shop?

Re: Commercial

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:10 pm
by Lancaster Branch
There’s a shop run by a printing firm which seems to sell the most basic Sunday market stuff with our badge tacked on or there’s a shop where you can get Performance Centre kit (different manufacturer to the first team stuff).

Our website, which must make Tim Berners-Lee wonder why he bothered, points to the Sunday market shop.

Whoever is in charge of merchandise etc or indeed has been in charge for the last few years needs a shake.

Re: Commercial

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:38 pm
by liverpoolann
I enquired yesterday did we have a replacement for Emma
Yet and was informed thatGeorgia is doing some of the work assisted by Andrew.I asked if any christmas cards of ground were considered this year as I bought some seasons past .Too late this year but should be an option for future .

Re: Commercial

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:43 pm
by cromwells ghost
Did not know we had a shop.

Re: Commercial

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:15 pm
by barrowfan
liverpoolann wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:38 pm I enquired yesterday did we have a replacement for Emma
Yet and was informed thatGeorgia is doing some of the work assisted by Andrew.I asked if any christmas cards of ground were considered this year as I bought some seasons past .Too late this year but should be an option for future .
SHOULD being the operative word.

Re: Commercial

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:35 pm
by AugustusCorpa
Same complaints about no stock in shop every Christmas. So much more could be done. We can’t even get the basics right commercially.