Page 1 of 10

Aldershot Town (A) 21/4/18

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:16 pm
by McMark
Preview from the Aldershot site;
https://www.theshots.co.uk/preview-barrow-21418/
It's Adam and co on Radio Cumbria for me tomorrow. Hope those that are making the journey have a good day out and go home contented. :scarf: :scarf:

Re: Aldershot Town (A) 21/4/18

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:55 pm
by Southcoaster
Last season we got away with Murder....and a point. Hannah's last minute torpedo free kick. GL

Re: Aldershot Town (A) 21/4/18

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:20 pm
by McMark
Let's hope we get a fair crack of the whip off the officials this time, Hatzidakis and Co left a lot to be desired on our last visit. It all panned out at the end though!!

Re: Aldershot Town (A) 21/4/18

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:49 pm
by Angela
last year's result will live long in the memory - Tuton and Hannah's goals

Re: Aldershot Town (A) 21/4/18

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:55 pm
by Barrowabc
Just pray for a point yet I'm a greedy pig 🐖 and want all three come on the blue birds 🐦

Re: Aldershot Town (A) 21/4/18

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:01 pm
by barrowaberdeen
I wish my recollection. But I was there.

I am hoping for an unlikely point (we have a decent record there have been a couple of times) and a good day out.

Re: Aldershot Town (A) 21/4/18

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:15 pm
by HenneysKnee
Any point tomorrow or Tuesday would be an unbelievable bonus

Re: Aldershot Town (A) 21/4/18

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:24 pm
by Matty
We need a point out of one the next two games as an absolute bare minimum.

Re: Aldershot Town (A) 21/4/18

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:32 pm
by Tom Brownlee
Tuesday's result was absolutely massive for us. I hope we can play with a bit more freedom and expression tomorrow, which is something Woking certainly won't be able to. Really fancy Guiseley to get something tomorrow, by which case it doesn't really matter what we do. It would be almost over.

Re: Aldershot Town (A) 21/4/18

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:59 pm
by Middleton Nick
Last year was unusual because I was sat next to an Aldershot director after being fed and watered. When Hannah's shot flew in I had to restrain myself and it's not the same. That was with nine men. Hoping for something out of this game and I would take a point now. Away end this year.
Edited due to Mark refreshing my memory.Nine men. We've only got nine men.

Re: Aldershot Town (A) 21/4/18

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:14 pm
by SKIPPER
Read on the Aldershot forum that the ball sponsor for the game tomorrow is Barrovian Glen Johnson a former Aldershot goalkeeper.

Re: Aldershot Town (A) 21/4/18

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:33 am
by romabarrow
Good luck today, have a great day out all of you , will be following the game out here in Italy. Get those 3 points in the bag. Ciao tutti.

Re: Aldershot Town (A) 21/4/18

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:40 am
by Suffolk Blue
Middleton Nick wrote: ↑Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:59 pm Last year was unusual because I was sat next to an Aldershot director after being fed and watered. When Hannah's shot flew in I had to restrain myself and it's not the same. That was with nine men. Hoping for something out of this game and I would take a point now. Away end this year.
Edited due to Mark refreshing my memory.Nine men. We've only got nine men.
We always seem to play better with less men on the pitch. However we probably learned that from Cox as our disciplinary record was always pretty dodgy. The two goals we scored last season at Aldershot were probably the best two of the season. Still remember the laughter of the Shot supporters as Diarra shanked the ball away from his own line straight to Tuton at 45 degrees on the touchline. I think I used the word "effing" at the time. Next 20 seconds was like watching the final of Dancing on Ice as player after player was shimmied or powered past. Even the keeper was wrong footed. Happy days.

Our record versus Aldershot is actually uncannily good. Just for once I'm prepared to believe that you can have a bogey team even if you are a high flying side. Also I think we've reasonably well away versus teams that we've got something at home against as if there is a type of team that we are comfortable playing against. Desperation I know but here's hoping.

Will be there today. However theres part of me that thinks travelling Barrow fans would be better telling the bus driver to divert to Guiseley again and get behind the Yorkies. Think their game v Woking could be highly unpredictable. But the outcome is probably just as critical.

Re: Aldershot Town (A) 21/4/18

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:52 am
by Suffolk Blue
....... oh and to relieve the nerves a bit here's a interesting if unlikely fact as we are so obsessed about Woking. If Chester defeat Maidstone (very unlikely) today and Solihulls run hits the barriers at Fylde today and at Tranmere on Tuesday (possible), then both teams would remain catchable on the last day by us even if we lost at both Aldershot and Bromley. Just a thought....

Re: Aldershot Town (A) 21/4/18

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:10 am
by Southcoaster
Surely, we don't need thoughts about losing at both Aldershot and Bromley!!! Can't get there today but will be at Bromley.
Not sure Guiseley can handle four games in a week though.