Page 1 of 12

Club Statement - Phil Brown

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:00 pm
by A.B.

Re: Club Statement - Phil Brown

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:02 pm
by Jon D
Can we not have one peaceful pre season

Re: Club Statement - Phil Brown

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:03 pm
by Van Der Nipper
Strap in folks

Re: Club Statement - Phil Brown

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:03 pm
by Falstaff
FFS. Here we go again

Re: Club Statement - Phil Brown

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:04 pm
by Bigfathoss
David Unsworth step this way.

Re: Club Statement - Phil Brown

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:05 pm
by Bombadel
Wow…. Very surprised by that.

Re: Club Statement - Phil Brown

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:06 pm
by blue blue boy
Here we go again. PB wouldn't have been my first choice when he came in but he's been a breath of fresh air. We now go into another summer break without a manager and will be on the back foot again when it cones to recruitment. Jeez would a bit of stability be too much to ask

Re: Club Statement - Phil Brown

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:08 pm
by CH BAFC
Heard Pete wild from halifax is coming in.

Re: Club Statement - Phil Brown

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:11 pm
by cottingham bluebird
Let's hope we get a hidden gem

Re: Club Statement - Phil Brown

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:13 pm
by HenneysKnee
Wonder if Brown has already decided which players will be staying, getting released etc etc

Re: Club Statement - Phil Brown

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:15 pm
by mall
FFS, they got their way.
Set to have a disastrous start to the season while the new manager gets to know the players.-Then its catch up.
Stuff the season ticket and stuff buying a new shirt.

Re: Club Statement - Phil Brown

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:18 pm
by Mrsbrown
Just the right decision.

Re: Club Statement - Phil Brown

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:23 pm
by Walneyblue
Luke garrard or Pete wild for me, someone who is young and with new ideas. I will be forever grateful to PB but wasn’t totally sure if I wanted him full time, whoever gets it let’s hope it’s soon so they can have a settled summer, clear out the squad and bring in some quality. Another rollercoaster ride, but barrow never do it the easy way.

Re: Club Statement - Phil Brown

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:25 pm
by cuffy
Took me by surprise to be honest. I thought it was a near on certainty. I’m assuming it must have something to do with not being able to agree the length and finance of a new contract. Football is such a fickle game.

My thanks to Phil Brown and his no2 as before they arrived I like a lot of people were expecting to visit old haunts in the National League. Best wishes PB & NM on whatever turns up next for you.

Now the search commences for our next manager, something tells me though the board have someone already lined up. I hope for all our sakes that he has the ability and contacts to take us away from the relegation battle as the last two seasons has aged me ten!

Re: Club Statement - Phil Brown

Posted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:26 pm
by Gazza
CH BAFC wrote: ↑Thu May 12, 2022 7:08 pm Heard Pete wild from halifax is coming in.
I’m very surprised by this news but I guess Brown's wishes for training in Barrow and possibly now the debacle with the Academy has led to this as I’m sure it won’t have been down to financial reasons in terms of his wages. I’d take Pete Wild though.