Page 1 of 2

Benni

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:16 pm
by SKIPPER
BSB scored on his loan debut (from the bench) as Curzon Ashton knocked Southport out of the FA Trophy this afternoon. Must have a pretty good goals-per-minutes-played record so far this season

Already scored again today against Telford (3-0 at HT) and come close on another three occasions (from CA Twitter).Seems to be relishing his chance of regular game time.

Re: Benni

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:51 pm
by McMark
Scored again today for Curzon Ashton.

Re: Benni

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:26 pm
by mickmike wilson
His confidence mush be high, Can we bring him back anytime?

Re: Benni

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:45 pm
by Bombadel
He was Man of the match also.

Re: Benni

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:24 pm
by JammyBluebird
mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:26 pm His confidence mush be high, Can we bring him back anytime?
It's only 1 month deal so will be back for the festive games

Re: Benni

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:23 am
by mickmike wilson
JammyBluebird wrote: ↑Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:24 pm
mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:26 pm His confidence mush be high, Can we bring him back anytime?
It's only 1 month deal so will be back for the festive games
Thanks JB

Re: Benni

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:02 pm
by Suffolk Blue
I think Benni might be one to keep. We won’t know really until he gets a run of games in the full squad. He’s clearly very effective in the lower reaches of the NL.

My guess would be that if and when we reach a point of statistical safety PW may be inclined to use him more and see whether he has what it takes to last beyond the end of the season.

Re: Benni

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:12 pm
by bluessupporter
Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:02 pm
My guess would be that if and when we reach a point of statistical safety PW may be inclined to use him more and see whether he has what it takes to last beyond the end of the season.
I take your point but Pete Wild is on record as saying he doesn’t just want safety - he wants promotion.

Re: Benni

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:43 pm
by Main Stand SeasonTct
bluessupporter wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:12 pm
Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:02 pm
My guess would be that if and when we reach a point of statistical safety PW may be inclined to use him more and see whether he has what it takes to last beyond the end of the season.
I take your point but Pete Wild is on record as saying he doesn’t just want safety - he wants promotion.
Of course he wants but I’ve never heard wild say that. What I have heard him say is his remit is to keep us in the football league and progress the club forward. Let’s get to 50 points first then see where that takes us is another thing I’ve heard him say,
He is well on the way to achieving his aims

Re: Benni

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:56 pm
by Suffolk Blue
Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:43 pm
bluessupporter wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:12 pm

I take your point but Pete Wild is on record as saying he doesn’t just want safety - he wants promotion.
Of course he wants but I’ve never heard wild say that. What I have heard him say is his remit is to keep us in the football league and progress the club forward. Let’s get to 50 points first then see where that takes us is another thing I’ve heard him say,
He is well on the way to achieving his aims
I can only go by what PW is reported as saying but in his last piece for the BBC he did talk about “enjoying it while it lasts” and having a relegation avoidance party when we get there.

I realise that managers will always say such things but I did not get the impression that he was envisaging a significant promotion push come January.

Re: Benni

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:04 pm
by Jonty
Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:56 pm
Main Stand SeasonTct wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:43 pm
Of course he wants but I’ve never heard wild say that. What I have heard him say is his remit is to keep us in the football league and progress the club forward. Let’s get to 50 points first then see where that takes us is another thing I’ve heard him say,
He is well on the way to achieving his aims
I can only go by what PW is reported as saying but in his last piece for the BBC he did talk about “enjoying it while it lasts” and having a relegation avoidance party when we get there.

I realise that managers will always say such things but I did not get the impression that he was envisaging a significant promotion push come January.
The club just isn’t geared up for promotion. We need to become established as a FL club and sort the infrastructure out.

Re: Benni

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:13 pm
by bluessupporter
Jonty wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:04 pm
Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:56 pm

I can only go by what PW is reported as saying but in his last piece for the BBC he did talk about “enjoying it while it lasts” and having a relegation avoidance party when we get there.

I realise that managers will always say such things but I did not get the impression that he was envisaging a significant promotion push come January.
The club just isn’t geared up for promotion. We need to become established as a FL club and sort the infrastructure out.
So are you saying that if we finish in a play-off place we won’t try to go up?

Re: Benni

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:25 pm
by Jonty
No I’m not saying that I’m saying that we would have an enormous amount of work to do off the pitch. It’s great that we are up there right now and long may it continue and it would be great to be in the play off mix at the end of the season but realistically HS is not up to it and we must be one of the smallest resourced clubs in the league and probably half the teams in the league below. We need to put a platform in place to grow the club.

Re: Benni

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:17 pm
by GTBLUE
I hardly post anymore, no wonder why. I hope your Christmas is more enjoyable than " any" of the posts you have ever made. Jesus wept. Pete Wild, please finish one point outside the play offs. We can then just being "little old Barrow" and just plod along forever. I can still remember going to Frickley in the Unidump league, and there were more disused coal mines than fans ! Win as many games as you can Pete, and achieve what you believe in. There will be dips now and again, we know that, but it's "Enjoyable" going to watch the team now.

Re: Benni

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:49 pm
by BillyBlue
Back to the subject of Benni. Pretty sure Pete Wild said at the meet the manager night that he’s going to have a couple of ‘player projects’ and guessing Benni fits into this? Keep developing him and moving him onto a higher level before bringing him back to the squad?