It won't count before you click on the link on the email as this verifies to the competition organisers that it is a valid email address. I would imagine you'll receive the email at some point.ziggy wrote:Any idea if the vote stands if you dont get the email?Ste Story wrote:Keep going guys...
Seems really hit and miss wether the emails get sent or not, possibly something to do with the server lagging - just try with different email addresses - if it doesn't work
Best Loo-ser competition
- Electricblues
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 644
- Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:58 am
- Contact:
Re: Best Loo-ser competition
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8192
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Best Loo-ser competition
Looks unlikely. Seems like when the server is busy it just fails to send some emails, but still adds them to the "sent" list...Electricblues wrote:It won't count before you click on the link on the email as this verifies to the competition organisers that it is a valid email address. I would imagine you'll receive the email at some point.ziggy wrote: Any idea if the vote stands if you dont get the email?
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8192
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Best Loo-ser competition
Ebbsfleet just gone up 100 votes in about half an hour
[SwearFilter] knows if they're cheating or what but whatever it is it's working.
[SwearFilter] knows if they're cheating or what but whatever it is it's working.
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Best Loo-ser competition
Ebslfleet are catching quick, im sat here on PC at work, with no work to do. If i could get on Hotmail or other emails i would just sit here for 8 hours making up emails and entering.
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8192
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Best Loo-ser competition
Aload of people in my office just got the email, try checking your inbox again?
-
Richard Ingham
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5116
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
- Location: Chorley
- Contact:
Re: Best Loo-ser competition
Did they try and vote yesterday or today Ste?
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8192
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Best Loo-ser competition
Think it was this morning mate.
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4102
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Best Loo-ser competition
i feel as if I can't engage in this competition as I have tried to vote but no email back yet.
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Best Loo-ser competition
we seem to be doing ok today, gone up a few in last hour so maybe the emails are getting through to most
Re: Best Loo-ser competition
Well maybe, maybe not, its over 24hrs since I tried to vote and no email as yet
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8192
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Best Loo-ser competition
899 votes - keep going!
Re: Best Loo-ser competition
Not happy with this.
Just sent to everyone at work, who in turn have passed it on and a few people have voted and the message says 'Your vote for Ebbsfleet United FC has been registered'.
Not happy. They've got 65 votes in the last 10 mins. Something fishy is happenin.
Just sent to everyone at work, who in turn have passed it on and a few people have voted and the message says 'Your vote for Ebbsfleet United FC has been registered'.
Not happy. They've got 65 votes in the last 10 mins. Something fishy is happenin.
- Arithonfleet
- New Member
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:57 am
- Location: Leics
- Contact:
Re: Best Loo-ser competition
Greetings from Ebbsfleet.
The same is happening to us. Votes made recorded as Barrow votes and confirmations not being received.
We will probably scrap it out for a month then their whole site will go down. lol.
The same is happening to us. Votes made recorded as Barrow votes and confirmations not being received.
We will probably scrap it out for a month then their whole site will go down. lol.
Re: Best Loo-ser competition
Dont know if it helps but below is a copy of an email I sent to the email address given on the Best Loosers site and the reply I received.
To: Nick Rowe
Subject: Best Loosers Comp
Hi there
Don`t know if I`ve got the right people or not but I wonder if you could help please.
With regard to the Best Loosers com,p many people I know have voted for their chosen team but have not received an email to confirm their vote. Any ideas what the problem is?
Thanks.
REPLY
Yes the right people. Sorry about my delayed reply I was out of the office all day yesterday and first thing this morning.
The vote is well underway so I am not sure why they aren’t getting the e-mail, yours in the only email I’ve had saying there is a problem.
I will check with our technical people and get back to you. I suppose the e-mail might have gone in to their junk mail?
Best wishes, Nick
To: Nick Rowe
Subject: Best Loosers Comp
Hi there
Don`t know if I`ve got the right people or not but I wonder if you could help please.
With regard to the Best Loosers com,p many people I know have voted for their chosen team but have not received an email to confirm their vote. Any ideas what the problem is?
Thanks.
REPLY
Yes the right people. Sorry about my delayed reply I was out of the office all day yesterday and first thing this morning.
The vote is well underway so I am not sure why they aren’t getting the e-mail, yours in the only email I’ve had saying there is a problem.
I will check with our technical people and get back to you. I suppose the e-mail might have gone in to their junk mail?
Best wishes, Nick
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: tommy2thumbs and 25 guests