Selling Best Players

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
barrowaberdeen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9034
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
Location: Independent Newbarns

Re: Selling Best Players

Post by barrowaberdeen » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Folks it's hard times and we need to stick together and that means trying to help each other to get to games if we can, but also accepting that sometimes folk can't and showing understanding.

TBH, I think Wintergreen is fed up of folk who could attend and don't having a continual pop at Barrow on here. I have some sympathy with that, although it's a free country. I don't think he meant either of you TBH.

However much we argue about who should go and stay, whether they should be local or not etc, players, managers and directors come and go. It's the spirit of the club, which represents the streets where we live, and the people of Barrow, that matters. Sure, there's things that aren't right- but give me this any time over having no connection at all. I don't agree that the club has lost it's soul, even though it will sometimes lose it's way.

On Saturday was a great example of what is good about Barrow A.F.C, not because we won (although that was good :D ), but the way we won together.

olbarrafancumbak
Gold Member
Posts: 2489
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Selling Best Players

Post by olbarrafancumbak » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:51 pm

barrowaberdeen wrote:Folks it's hard times and we need to stick together and that means trying to help each other to get to games if we can, but also accepting that sometimes folk can't and showing understanding.

TBH, I think Wintergreen is fed up of folk who could attend and don't having a continual pop at Barrow on here. I have some sympathy with that, although it's a free country. I don't think he meant either of you TBH.

However much we argue about who should go and stay, whether they should be local or not etc, players, managers and directors come and go. It's the spirit of the club, which represents the streets where we live, and the people of Barrow, that matters. Sure, there's things that aren't right- but give me this any time over having no connection at all. I don't agree that the club has lost it's soul, even though it will sometimes lose it's way.

On Saturday was a great example of what is good about Barrow A.F.C, not because we won (although that was good :D ), but the way we won together.
Thats right Steve, "stick together and go on as one"

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Selling Best Players

Post by Wintergreen » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:28 am

olbarrafancumbak wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:If you do not regularly attend Barrow AFC games then you are not a supporter – FACTOID.

The best you can aspire to, is to say that they are your favourite team and you look out for their results. Notable exceptions to the rule would be those living abroad, the infirm or unemployed. Anyone else can go get swear-filtered.
Thats a little unfair imo. There are several reasons why people cant get to HS on a regular basis and comments like this will surely alienate some folk more?

I would like to be at every single game that Barrow play but I cant, I have a young family, Ive been very poorly this last couple of seasons, Ive lost my job to ill health and now Im not a real fan?

I have tried to attend the games where a. i was well enough and b. when i could afford to. I am thankfully turning a corner health wise and I am starting my own business to try and build my life back up and hopefully I will be able to attend more games?

Give people a break and instead of assuming people dont care and are not real fans, think about peoples circumstances and how it might affect whether they get to a game or not.

Lets stick together and take the club forward :scarf:
Your situation would have been covered by clauses 2 & 3 - "Notable exceptions to the rule would be those living abroad, the infirm or unemployed. " You'll do for me olbarra and best of luck with your new venture.

I don't get to many away games myself either as I have a lot of commitments here and there but that doesn't really affect revenue for AFC.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

olbarrafancumbak
Gold Member
Posts: 2489
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Selling Best Players

Post by olbarrafancumbak » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:43 am

Wintergreen wrote:
olbarrafancumbak wrote: Thats a little unfair imo. There are several reasons why people cant get to HS on a regular basis and comments like this will surely alienate some folk more?

I would like to be at every single game that Barrow play but I cant, I have a young family, Ive been very poorly this last couple of seasons, Ive lost my job to ill health and now Im not a real fan?

I have tried to attend the games where a. i was well enough and b. when i could afford to. I am thankfully turning a corner health wise and I am starting my own business to try and build my life back up and hopefully I will be able to attend more games?

Give people a break and instead of assuming people dont care and are not real fans, think about peoples circumstances and how it might affect whether they get to a game or not.

Lets stick together and take the club forward :scarf:
Your situation would have been covered by clauses 2 & 3 - "Notable exceptions to the rule would be those living abroad, the infirm or unemployed. " You'll do for me olbarra and best of luck with your new venture.

I don't get to many away games myself either as I have a lot of commitments here and there but that doesn't really affect revenue for AFC.
I should have gone to specsavers :oops:

and thanks for the "good luck" bit ;)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Klaus Moogintaal II, Louis29 and 14 guests