The idea behind this maitainance area is what it say's it's for - maintaining. Even if the development was passed off next week it would take years for it to be completed (I assume) therfore in the meantime any area of the ground that needs attention (within reason) could be put right through this area.Matt wrote:Does this mean there will be no ground redevelopment then? Can't see the board allowing this (the ground redevelopment area) to take place if there was to be large-scale redevlopment.
Even if/when the development was completed, parts of the ground would need to be looked after, as one of the newer parts of the ground does now - the main stand has places that need work done on them such as the frameworks for the seats that are even after a dozen years in need of replacing.
I see this as an area that will be there or in some other part of the ground for a long, long time to come so long as people (us) can put the time & effort in, not just now but in 5-10-20 years time to make use of it & help the club save money by keeping the ground in as decent a state as possible.
Everything about this so far has cost nothing to the club or supporters (I hope tomorrow I can tell you the name of a local business man or perhaps two who will be helping out hugely with some important work in there) & if it gets to the stage where we need money, which I think we will at some point, I have an idea that wouldn't affect any other BAFC fund raising activities.