Barrow AFC vs Luton Town

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
audigex
Platinum Member
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:10 am
Contact:

Re: Barrow AFC vs Luton Town

Post by audigex » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:32 pm

I'd split the blame.

Tayler should never in a million years have headed the ball across his own goal with a striker bearing down on him. McNulty should be about 8 stone lighter and he might've got to the ball, but he seemed half-arsed anyway: I never remember him being that cautious with us. Their keeper shouldn't have been off his line when McNulty should've been all over it, or the lob would've had to be a strike, much harder to pull off from that angle. Perhaps the latter can be forgiven for not expecting a tower block to be particularly mobile.
"I'm aware of the rules of Association Football, I merely choose to suspend them when my own team is involved" - Steve Herbert, 2011

GTBLUE
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5238
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
Contact:

Re: Barrow AFC vs Luton Town

Post by GTBLUE » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:49 pm

You have used the words, should, and should'nt several times Jon. Some might say you are the expert in the respospctive. I would'nt though. Maybe a job a match of match of the day two is awaiting.;) You can't win things with kids etc......

audigex
Platinum Member
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:10 am
Contact:

Re: Barrow AFC vs Luton Town

Post by audigex » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:42 am

You're right, it's easy to criticise from my computer chair with hindsight and a cold drink. At the same time, a professional defender should never be making that header, or even considering sending the ball vaguely in that direction. I'm not a footballing tactician, I sometimes struggle to remember which way we're shooting, but even I know the basics of "don't head the ball across your own goal when being charged down by a striker"
"I'm aware of the rules of Association Football, I merely choose to suspend them when my own team is involved" - Steve Herbert, 2011

GTBLUE
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5238
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
Contact:

Re: Barrow AFC vs Luton Town

Post by GTBLUE » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:57 am

I do agree though.I thought from where I was that the wind may have had something to do with it also. He seemed to be off balance a bit. Anyway, 1 - 0 to the good guys.

Matty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5369
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Barrow AFC vs Luton Town

Post by Matty » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:21 am

Luton's appeal has been rejected, meaning that Rowe-Turner will miss the Millwall game.
Popular side since '03.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mulholland and 27 guests