I think we can assume a generally low skill level so bear that in mind
Sponsored by - S Rodgers, J Goodwin, B Millburn, PC Lettings, NSC, S Leonard, Give ‘em Beans, NSC & Surrey Barrovian
-
barrowaberdeen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9034
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
- Location: Independent Newbarns
Re: Ground maintenance area
Ian, me Chris, Alex and Barrowranger (has been volunteeed by Chris) can do painting or general tidying tomorrow all day, just PM what and where things are and what you want done.
I think we can assume a generally low skill level so bear that in mind
I think we can assume a generally low skill level so bear that in mind
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
This is an ongoing problem & can't really see an easy answer to it.mrsenario wrote:Then Al noticed the light on in the press box and chased kids out of the vaughans car park area where they just move a board to get in. These seem to be regular visitors and need to be caught.Whilst in the press box, he noticed a burning smell and they had tried to start a fire.
I know the reasoning behind leaving the press box open, which is there's nothing in there worth stealing so there's no point in locking it when some tosser wil only smash the door down to get in before they realise it wasn't worth their while. Trouble is, this obviously isn't working now because that's twice we know of they've gone in & lit a fire.
Apart from the obvious cost to putting the place right again if a fire took hold, there's a danger of games being called off because there'd be no matchday control room.
I think we'll have to look at making the place secure & fitting some sort of motion sensor alarm (perhaps worth looking into for the M A as well)
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
-
Richard Ingham
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5115
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
- Location: Chorley
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
Ian,
Check with Uncle Peter but I believe there may be a possible CCTV solution to this.
More razor wire around the perimeter wouldnt go amiss either though
Check with Uncle Peter but I believe there may be a possible CCTV solution to this.
More razor wire around the perimeter wouldnt go amiss either though
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
Or a sniper,Richard Ingham wrote:Ian,
Check with Uncle Peter but I believe there may be a possible CCTV solution to this.
More razor wire around the perimeter wouldnt go amiss either though
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
Or bring back Pressbox Pete on a nightshift basis then no one would have to listen to his illogical banter.boyliegladbach wrote:Or a sniper,Richard Ingham wrote:Ian,
Check with Uncle Peter but I believe there may be a possible CCTV solution to this.
More razor wire around the perimeter wouldnt go amiss either though
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
- Uncle Peter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3371
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:17 pm
- Location: Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
I,d like to think the police will be involved as I hate to think what Big Al would have done if hed caught them.
Last time I saw him he was striding across the pitch with a lump of 3x2 with nails in.
Who is Big Al by the way, shows up works and leaves...think called Al Robertson and I believe he played for furness rovers for 20 years or more?
Last time I saw him he was striding across the pitch with a lump of 3x2 with nails in.
Who is Big Al by the way, shows up works and leaves...think called Al Robertson and I believe he played for furness rovers for 20 years or more?
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
What time you on about Steve? I can pop down, open up & show you what needs doing if you'd like.barrowaberdeen wrote:Ian, me Chris, Alex and Barrowranger (has been volunteeed by Chris) can do painting or general tidying tomorrow all day, just PM what and where things are and what you want done.
I think we can assume a generally low skill level so bear that in mind
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8192
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
If you let me know what time you're down there too that'd be good Ian, could do with another look/chat/measure up of the dressing room.
-
barrowaberdeen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9034
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
- Location: Independent Newbarns
Re: Ground maintenance area
Half 9 Ian?
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
That's fine Steve, see you then.barrowaberdeen wrote:Half 9 Ian?
Uncle Peter is meeting me there as well, he's found a motion sensor alarm that we're buying for the press box - see if that'll dissuade the little [SwearFilter].
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
- Uncle Peter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3371
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:17 pm
- Location: Barrow
- Contact:
All bought, should be a ten minute job tops.
What we really need is for that area to be covered by CCTV. If anyone out there has contacts in this area or is able to donate any old equipment as a stop gap feel free to pm me.
Whilst I'm on the cadge, were also after an old Sky digital dish if anyone has one lying around. We've had a box and TV donated, just need a dish.
What we really need is for that area to be covered by CCTV. If anyone out there has contacts in this area or is able to donate any old equipment as a stop gap feel free to pm me.
Whilst I'm on the cadge, were also after an old Sky digital dish if anyone has one lying around. We've had a box and TV donated, just need a dish.
"As long as they don't start causing any bother they are welcome to continue reinforcing my belief the Midlands is only good for nuking."
Mr R Ingham, 02/10/2013
Mr R Ingham, 02/10/2013
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
Graham Chapman turned up today to do some volunteering but as there's a match tonight I didn't think it was worth his while painting.Thanks anyway Graham.
When I left the club at tea time there was a ruddy great carpet lying in the road outside so I hauled it onto the pavement so if it's still there tomorrow can someone haul it into the skip please as it was too heavy for me to carry back.
Chris if you can get the key to the first aid cabin tomorrow can you and the lads swap the physio bench in the away shower with the one in the first aid cabin please.
As the skip is empty again there's more boards to go in. Those tasks should fill an hour or so for you.
When I left the club at tea time there was a ruddy great carpet lying in the road outside so I hauled it onto the pavement so if it's still there tomorrow can someone haul it into the skip please as it was too heavy for me to carry back.
Chris if you can get the key to the first aid cabin tomorrow can you and the lads swap the physio bench in the away shower with the one in the first aid cabin please.
As the skip is empty again there's more boards to go in. Those tasks should fill an hour or so for you.
-
Si_Nichols
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 pm
- Location: Lancaster
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
I might be able to get my hands on a sky dish for you however god only knows how I would get it there. Let me know if you don't get any joy in the next week and I will see what I can do if necessary.Uncle Peter wrote:All bought, should be a ten minute job tops.
What we really need is for that area to be covered by CCTV. If anyone out there has contacts in this area or is able to donate any old equipment as a stop gap feel free to pm me.
Whilst I'm on the cadge, were also after an old Sky digital dish if anyone has one lying around. We've had a box and TV donated, just need a dish.
I am pretty sure someone locally will have one as anyone who has left sky, the dish is yours to keep.
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
Bring it to Alty Si and we will bring it back on the coach. You won't look out of place on the train with it. 