Sponsored by - S Rodgers, J Goodwin, B Millburn, PC Lettings, NSC, S Leonard, Give ‘em Beans, NSC & Surrey Barrovian

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by spirit of 1990 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:32 pm

July's G M A newsletter is now out, I've sent quite a few by e-mail but from now onwards it'll just be on the official site.

We'll post a reminder each month when the latest one is out.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

User avatar
Konaldo
Bronze Member
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:22 am
Location: Esbjerg - Denmark
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Konaldo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Thanks Ian, got mine when I was at tonights Speedway match. Considered to read it at sight, but waited until now. Thanks for sending it.
Boreham Wood 2020
Leyton Orient 2018
Rochdale 2017
Altrincham 2015
Stalybridge 2015
Cambridge 2013
Braintree 2012

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by spirit of 1990 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:05 am

barrowaberdeen wrote:Ian, me Chris, Alex and Barrowranger (has been volunteeed by Chris) can do painting or general tidying tomorrow all day, just PM what and where things are and what you want done.

I think we can assume a generally low skill level so bear that in mind :lol:
I'll be opening up for theses chap's at 9:30 - if anyone wants to pop down & learn some technical skills off Steve I'm sure he'll happily pass his knowledge on.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

barrowaberdeen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9034
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
Location: Independent Newbarns

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by barrowaberdeen » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:00 pm

:lol:

We got the two corners finished of the perimeter fence (Chris came down) so it's just those remaining boards down and the blue there to do.

Can''t believe how much paint it takes!

Cubbins Paratrooper
Silver Member
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: NW London
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Cubbins Paratrooper » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Konaldo wrote:Thanks Ian, got mine when I was at tonights Speedway match. Considered to read it at sight, but waited until now. Thanks for sending it.
Which were the two teams involved in the meeting?

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by spirit of 1990 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:41 pm

barrowaberdeen wrote::lol:

We got the two corners finished of the perimeter fence (Chris came down) so it's just those remaining boards down and the blue there to do.

Can''t believe how much paint it takes!
I can't believe how much paint it takes.....what were you doing - drinking it :)

Fantastic effort by you three today Steve, I've just been down to show Mrs Lynch & her daughter her late husbands small commemorative plaque so had a quick peek & you've done a cracking job.

One section left if anyone fancies having a go tomorrow. I can open up for you & show you where the paint & brushes are at whatever time suits.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

mrsenario
Gold Member
Posts: 1628
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by mrsenario » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Just a quick note to say, I did a couple of hours in the workshop tonight drilling wood with a 20 mm cutter and the whole workshop smells like theres been a fire so don't panic..for those who may be there tomorrow and don't read the forum...Ive put a notice on the MA door explaining this
PS changing room stuff coming on well!!!

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7482
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Wintergreen » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:26 am

Fire in the hole!!!
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

User avatar
Konaldo
Bronze Member
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:22 am
Location: Esbjerg - Denmark
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Konaldo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:25 pm

Cubbins Paratrooper wrote:
Konaldo wrote:Thanks Ian, got mine when I was at tonights Speedway match. Considered to read it at sight, but waited until now. Thanks for sending it.
Which were the two teams involved in the meeting?
Esbjerg at home - Slangerup was the away team.
Boreham Wood 2020
Leyton Orient 2018
Rochdale 2017
Altrincham 2015
Stalybridge 2015
Cambridge 2013
Braintree 2012

Cubbins Paratrooper
Silver Member
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: NW London
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Cubbins Paratrooper » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:42 pm

I know this off-topic and will cease after this post.

See that Mikkel Bech rides for Esbjerg, we saw him last Friday night in the Lakeside v Birmingham meeting. A very exciting prospect indeed.

Now back on topic: fantastic work being carried out by the team of volunteers, you are doing a superb job at the ground. Thank-you very, very much to all of you who are involved, in whatever capacity. Further, keeping us informed of ideas and progress is sincerely appreciated.

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by spirit of 1990 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:11 pm

Thanks to Frank (can't remember his surname) for turning up this morning & carrying on with the painting in the HSE/pop side corner.
Final push for the painting of the perimeter wall & it'll all be done on Sunday morning - all ready for next weekend.

I bought another couple of tubs of blue today to finish that side off - knocking on £300 this week alone on paint :o

Tommy was in there for a few hours carrying on the the boards for the changing rooms, they look pretty professional as well, I think Elaine is even coming around to them now.....or is she (NO)

I was finally forced to admit defeat today & buy some new power tools as what we had weren't really what we needed for some of the job's coming up (changing room modules for one) A brand new mitre saw, circular saw & battery drill were purchased this morning - Mrsenorita's puffy little mince pie's lit up & started filling up with tear's when I walked in with them today :lol:
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Holkerbird » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Frank? The only person I saw there painting was Graham Chapman!!!!

Don't even associate me with the abomination of the changing room facilities. :sentoff: Soz I lent on the module and the whole thing fell apart. I think Mrsenario told me to f off in a roundabout way. :o

Thank goodness the paid cleaner takes over the changing rooms when the season starts and my eyes won't be accosted by the sight of the "boudoir like" scenes. It just needs a "madame" to complete the makeover. With each player getting his own individual mirror it is going to take some effort to drag them away and out onto the pitch. :lol:
Just thought I would mention I am not keen on the alterations. :scarf:

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by spirit of 1990 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Holkerbird wrote:Frank? The only person I saw there painting was Graham Chapman!!!!
That's him, sorry.
Holkerbird wrote:It just needs a "madame"
That's you, not sorry :lol:
Holkerbird wrote:Just thought I would mention I am not keen on the alterations.
Let's not start ;)
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Holkerbird » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Tommy's face when the module fell to pieces when I lent on it. Good job your wife was there or the air might have been bluer.

User avatar
Uncle Peter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3371
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:17 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Post by Uncle Peter » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:24 pm

I like the new changing room plans, it's gonna give our lads a real boost.

At the moment it looks like Stalag Luft.
"As long as they don't start causing any bother they are welcome to continue reinforcing my belief the Midlands is only good for nuking."

Mr R Ingham, 02/10/2013

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests