Nick rushton

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
dogrider
Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:15 am
Contact:

Re: Nick rushton

Post by dogrider » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:41 am

Yes but will he have a run of games to get going I think not good old bayliss can't see what's in front of him :roll:

Kieran
Gold Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Nick rushton

Post by Kieran » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:47 am

K_BFC wrote:Although we have already surpassed last years total penalty count in the BPA game if memory serves me correctly.
No, without even thinking we had penalties away at Dartford, Ebbsfleet and Nuneton. There were others too.

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Nick rushton

Post by Holkerbird » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:32 am

dogrider wrote:Yes but will he have a run of games to get going I think not good old bayliss can't see what's in front of him :roll:
Probably too busy looking at the knives that are at the back of him. Couldn't resist that one.

Right off you go. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

K_BFC
Gold Member
Posts: 2071
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:09 pm
Location: At home in Barrow
Contact:

Re: Nick rushton

Post by K_BFC » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:29 pm

Kieran wrote:
K_BFC wrote:Although we have already surpassed last years total penalty count in the BPA game if memory serves me correctly.
No, without even thinking we had penalties away at Dartford, Ebbsfleet and Nuneton. There were others too.
Spot on. Although Boyes I think failed to score the one against Nuneaton :oops: . That's not a lot of pens though. I've just had a quick look through stats for Arnison and barring inaccuracies with the info i've looked at, he got 19 in all competitions last season with 4 from the spot. So it does look like what the Workington director allegedly said was incorrect.

User avatar
Reg
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5669
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Living Room
Contact:

Re: Nick rushton

Post by Reg » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:29 am

I was trying to find Arnison's goals:games ratio because someone called him prolific and I disputed it but couldn't find it anywhere.

I didn't look very hard though. Once I realised he didn't have a wiki page, I pretty much gave up.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer

ant
Gold Member
Posts: 2153
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:48 pm
Location: Popular side
Contact:

Re: Nick rushton

Post by ant » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:44 am

Ahem....unbelievable turn of thread as usual...Welcome to Holker St Nick. ;)
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 16 3/4 :skill:

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8192
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: Nick rushton

Post by Ste Story » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:19 am

Kieran wrote:
K_BFC wrote:Although we have already surpassed last years total penalty count in the BPA game if memory serves me correctly.
No, without even thinking we had penalties away at Dartford, Ebbsfleet and Nuneton. There were others too.
And missed one at home to Mansfield. And scored one away to Mansfield. And didn't we score one in the last away game against Cambridge?
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

K_BFC
Gold Member
Posts: 2071
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:09 pm
Location: At home in Barrow
Contact:

Re: Nick rushton

Post by K_BFC » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:01 am

Reg wrote:I was trying to find Arnison's goals:games ratio because someone called him prolific and I disputed it but couldn't find it anywhere.

I didn't look very hard though. Once I realised he didn't have a wiki page, I pretty much gave up.
:lol: I had a bit of time on my hands for a change so I looked a little further. Generally difficult to turn up info on most non-league players with a quick google search but I finally turned up some info on him.

Gareth Arnison
2013-2014 Appearances(3) Goals(1) for Barrow
2012-2013 Appearances(41) Goals(19) including 4 pens.
2011-2012 Appearances(41) Goals(12) including 2 pens
2010-2011 Appearances(39) Goals(14) including 4 pens.
2009-2010 Appearances(?) Goals(17) including 3 pens.
2008-2009 Appearances(?) Goals(15) including 1 pen.

Nick Rushton
2013-2014 Appearances(0) Goals(0) Both Barrow and Wrexham
2012-2013 Appearances(17) Goals(3) Wrexham
2011-2012 Appearances(29) Goals(11) Newtown (Welsh Prem)
2010-2011 Appearances(5) Goals (1) Airbus (Welsh Prem)

Info from soccerway database, check the links. Goals to appearance ratios don't tell the whole story but when we signed him Arnison did have a reputation as a goal scorer. Although comments from our red friends suggested he was nothing but a goal scorer and contributed little else and he was no great loss to them. Time will tell if he gets some more games which I'm sure he will.

Hopefully Rushton will have a bit more about him than just a goal poacher as we are loosing a good target man that can hold up the ball in Johnson. No pressure Nick ;) welcome aboard.

User avatar
Reg
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5669
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Living Room
Contact:

Re: Nick rushton

Post by Reg » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:08 am

Cheers.

I don't care if someone is 'just' a goalscorer.

Never did Lineker, Van Nistelrooy & Aldridge any harm.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer

Bobby Peru
New Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Nick rushton

Post by Bobby Peru » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:37 pm

A balanced view on Arnison from up the road

The lad is a great finsher - no doubt about that, and his goal tally might have been even higher had Edmo not persisted with playing him on the wing for large spells (where he looked like a fish out of water and disappeared from games).

He takes a great penalty, can't ever remember him missing one or ever feeling like he'd miss one.

However - he seems to be a confidence player who needs some love and an arm round him from the manager from time to time - Edmo is very much that type of manager, Bayliss from what I've read seems less so, so not sure how that will affect him. It's also worth mentioning that there's no doubt Arnison benefitted from the play of Jonny Wright who was immense - didn't get anywhere near as many goals but provided a lot of Gareth's chances and did much of the grunt work and heavy lifting.

Bottom line is he can be frustrating and disappear from games - but he is a great finisher who if given the right service and a bit of love from the manager will guarantee you goals - I wish we still had him.

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Nick rushton

Post by Adam29 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:20 pm

I don't want my striker to be tracking back creating chances etc, I want my striker to be in that penalty area smacking them into the onion bag.

User avatar
bobbie moore
Bronze Member
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Nick rushton

Post by bobbie moore » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Ah but Adam....our strikers are playing in a DB team where defending is the first option ;)

Barrowabc
Gold Member
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
Location: Newbarns lodge
Contact:

Re: Nick rushton

Post by Barrowabc » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:39 pm

Bobby Peru wrote:A balanced view on Arnison from up the road

The lad is a great finsher - no doubt about that, and his goal tally might have been even higher had Edmo not persisted with playing him on the wing for large spells (where he looked like a fish out of water and disappeared from games).

He takes a great penalty, can't ever remember him missing one or ever feeling like he'd miss one.

However - he seems to be a confidence player who needs some love and an arm round him from the manager from time to time - Edmo is very much that type of manager, Bayliss from what I've read seems less so, so not sure how that will affect him. It's also worth mentioning that there's no doubt Arnison benefitted from the play of Jonny Wright who was immense - didn't get anywhere near as many goals but provided a lot of Gareth's chances and did much of the grunt work and heavy lifting.

Bottom line is he can be frustrating and disappear from games - but he is a great finisher who if given the right service and a bit of love from the manager will guarantee you goals - I wish we still had him.
Very good post and a bit of an insite into how he ticks ;)
I can't see him lasting long here then as bayliss man management skills are dog turd
I find him to be a bit petty with some players,
I hope I'm wrong this time but been honest really can't see it, pitty as seems a good bloke
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

User avatar
Reg
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5669
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Living Room
Contact:

Re: Nick rushton

Post by Reg » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Hopefully he'll still be here when we finally get a proper manager.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer

User avatar
Uncle Mort
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:25 am
Contact:

Nick rushton

Post by Uncle Mort » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:25 am

Reg wrote:Hopefully he'll still be here when we finally get a proper manager.

I remember you once welcomed Phil Wilson as a "proper manager"
Have you ever thought what a wonderful world it would be without enthusiastic people.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Angela, Big_Bluebird, blue nige, Esso Blue, Jonty, olefogey and 53 guests