What I'm struggling to get my head around is this sort of thing seems to happen more than it should do at Atherstone & this (apparently) appears to more than accepted by those in a position to do something about it. When I say "those in a position" I mean their club officials, their stewards & more importantly - the police.
This game always had the potential for trouble with it being international weekend plus the fact that it was probably one of their biggest games for years, add to that the £7,500 in the bank if they'd have won & and throw in the possibility of an bigger draw in the next round - it's the perfect storm. You didn't have to be a detective to realise what could happen just by reading a few of their posts on here.
Add to that the lack of stewards, letting their supporters in without being searched, then top it all off with not allowing the police on site (however that works

) it's all edging it's way to at the least what happened & quite possibily a lot worse, thankfully not.
Some serious questions to be answered by quite afew people I think.
BTW, I don't think Reg needs me or anyone else to defend his corner as he's more than capable of doing that himself, but I very much doubt he intended his post to offend anyone at all.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.