New Manager
-
mightywhite
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 687
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:54 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
What a load of C**P, if your going to publish a rumour then do it....if not..... thne keep stum, Dont come on here saying i know something, so you look like your in the know and then keep everyone hanging. Christ some people are so full of their own self importance. Tell us what it is...........or say nothing. Im sick of this my nans hairdressers half brother told me nonsense....or "ive heard from a very reliable source" how often do we have that.... what a load of BS that is, how come these reliable sources are nearly always wrong. Why do people have to think they are in the know. OR this gets me even more....i cant say anything due to confidentiality or it might scupper the deal.....sit at home and SHUT UP then, don't broadcast the fact that you know something (nothing) on the internet.
p.s. this is a discussion forum, i can say what i want etc are not vaild responses to this post.
p.s. this is a discussion forum, i can say what i want etc are not vaild responses to this post.
-
Chris Benoit
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1768
- Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
Maybe some people do have credible sources and don't want to have any repercussions for them? People don't have to post their rumours (however accurate/inaccurate they are) and IMO they help stimulate debate, it'd be a lot more boring without the rumour mill going into overdrive.
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
Re: New Manager
Enhance your calm mightywhite.mightywhite wrote:What a load of C**P, if your going to publish a rumour then do it....if not..... thne keep stum, Dont come on here saying i know something, so you look like your in the know and then keep everyone hanging. Christ some people are so full of their own self importance. Tell us what it is...........or say nothing. Im sick of this my nans hairdressers half brother told me nonsense....or "ive heard from a very reliable source" how often do we have that.... what a load of BS that is, how come these reliable sources are nearly always wrong. Why do people have to think they are in the know. OR this gets me even more....i cant say anything due to confidentiality or it might scupper the deal.....sit at home and SHUT UP then, don't broadcast the fact that you know something (nothing) on the internet.
p.s. this is a discussion forum, i can say what i want etc are not vaild responses to this post.
I always protect my sources, which is why I'm in the know. If I plastered things all over the internet, I'd be kept in the dark as much as you are, wouldn't I?
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer
-
mightywhite
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 687
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:54 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
Kept in the dark like I am? I live on the opposite side of the country I have no sources, nor do I wish to. I just don't see the point of saying online.....I know something.....but you lot can't. So the only point in that can be to make yourself in someway important.
Re: New Manager
Can I help it if people see me as being important enough to impart information to?mightywhite wrote:Kept in the dark like I am? I live on the opposite side of the country I have no sources, nor do I wish to. I just don't see the point of saying online.....I know something.....but you lot can't. So the only point in that can be to make yourself in someway important.
You're just well jell.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer
-
mightywhite
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 687
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:54 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
Your clearly not reading my point. I don't care who tells you what. I just have no idea why you have to tell everyone that you know something.
-
Klaus Moogintaal
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:19 am
- Location: South Walney
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
Reading Reg's posts beats watching the footy. Keep it up sir.
-
spongebobsquarepants
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1675
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:29 pm
- Location: In a Pineapple under the sea
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
AmazeballsReg wrote:Can I help it if people see me as being important enough to impart information to?mightywhite wrote:Kept in the dark like I am? I live on the opposite side of the country I have no sources, nor do I wish to. I just don't see the point of saying online.....I know something.....but you lot can't. So the only point in that can be to make yourself in someway important.
You're just well jell.
“It’s a mark of Alan that he took the job. There’s a Mexican saying ‘he has shown big cojones’ to take charge.†Ian Dowie (Dog face)
Re: New Manager
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R6_Chr2vro][/youtube]Reg wrote:Can I help it if people see me as being important enough to impart information to?mightywhite wrote:Kept in the dark like I am? I live on the opposite side of the country I have no sources, nor do I wish to. I just don't see the point of saying online.....I know something.....but you lot can't. So the only point in that can be to make yourself in someway important.
You're just well jell.
Barrow-in-Furness - The 19th happiest place in Britain
Re: New Manager
Because I'm well connected, I kind of feel it's my duty to trickle what information I can to those who are completely in the dark.mightywhite wrote:Your clearly not reading my point. I don't care who tells you what. I just have no idea why you have to tell everyone that you know something.
Sorry if that irritates you. That isn't my intention.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer
Re: New Manager
Russ Dodd tonight saying the board will meet this week to look at applicants, draw up a list for interview. Said they are not in a rush and that the chairman was away this week so nothing likely to happen soon.
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5440
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
The Manager does not have to be local but could live here even if for a few days per week (if) the club want to realistically get on an even keel we must change the cycle of 99% of personnel being from the NE or NWspirit of 1990 wrote:In an ideal world we could advertise for a manager & one would turn up who has all the right credentials, lives in Barrow, would want to stay here for ever, be the best manager we've ever had, he wouldn't fall out with players/supporters & play very attractive football but.....this isn't an ideal world & we don't have anyone anywhere near local (apart from Edmo who would just be wrong for the job) who could manage at this level.mickmike wilson wrote: I have only read this thread from p9 as threads like these are usually full of hot air , gossip, pure speculation & nothing much else until some meat appears on the bones, but then saw this and thought, yes, yes, YES.
IMHO Its the only way to go, get in a seasoned manager more FT than PT with a brief on sustainability and growth from within and move away as fast as possible from 95% of players, management & our hard earned leaving town & all 2 hours away and training 2 hours away, even if its drip fed in as we slowly rely on travelers less and less...........this is usually where others say posters like me want 100% of our players to be born on Holker St............IMHO nobody in reality wants that but many want a healthy mix of travelers and locals but only locals that are good enough on merit not on post code alone.
The work being done by these youth managers and various footy schemes should be applauded by all as our kids are finally getting quality coaching and education thus slowly bearing fruit that will finally hopefully make to board end the maddening cycle.
Use our isolation to our advantage & bring in the best man for the task.
A few seasons of foundation building and creating a buzz locally will reap dividends quicker than many would belive if everyone pulls in the same direction.
The Youth & Maintenance team are my only real interest in BAFC these days
No matter who we get, if he does well, even if he is local, he'll be headhunted by someone bigger & probably closer to his home (loyalty in football very rarely exisits) so he'll be off, that's the way of it.
So back to Paul's point - how do we get a long term appointment? How can ANY club be certain of a long term appointment? if your good you'll be off, if your bad the club (or supporters) will get rid of you
And Mike's point - a seasoned manager with a brief of sustainability & growth from within & to move away from players from out of our area. Where do we find a manager like that? every club would want one of them.
I'm not having a go at either of your points because I'd love it to work that way but in reality it really isn't going to happen.
This would take time as we slowly change, why do you say " I'd love it to work that way but in reality it really isn't going to happen" ?
Your point on if we produce some very good players they would get headhunted, that's kind of the point Ian, The club will be seen as a place to learn your craft and get picked up by league clubs benefiting both player & club (if we get financial compo/transfer fee) the ones who just miss out carry on playing for Barrow, then when the next Skivvy, Doc, Jason Walker or Gary Stevens comes along BAFC may just gain a few hundred grand if they come through the clubs infrastructure, if you follow my drift.
- Steelworks End
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
Whoever the new manager may be, perhaps it can be first announced to an eager footballing public by this
D: being updated? 
-
urswick blue
- Member
- Posts: 222
- Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:21 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
Accordng too the EM wont be before we play Chester.
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7486
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
If the ‘local’ connection is a principal motivation for supporting a team, might I suggest Holker OB or Vickerstown. We are insular enough hereabouts without going down that route like some kind of Royston Vasey XI.
As a business we need the best materials we can possibly afford to make our product viable and sustainable, from wherever they are sourced. If we get a lad up from the academy/U18s that’s great, but the club is on its knees at the moment due to apathy and letting hearts rule heads; let’s keep it real, we don’t want local football – for it is just that.
As a business we need the best materials we can possibly afford to make our product viable and sustainable, from wherever they are sourced. If we get a lad up from the academy/U18s that’s great, but the club is on its knees at the moment due to apathy and letting hearts rule heads; let’s keep it real, we don’t want local football – for it is just that.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: McMark, spirit of 1990 and 34 guests