That's the Confidentiality agreement in tatters!!!!!Reg wrote:My two prime suspects have just been ruled out by Stunipps.
So, if Stu is also right, I have absolutely no idea who the next manager will be
New Manager
Re: New Manager
Re: New Manager
Stu isn't my mole.Mark Mc wrote:That's the Confidentiality agreement in tatters!!!!!Reg wrote:My two prime suspects have just been ruled out by Stunipps.
So, if Stu is also right, I have absolutely no idea who the next manager will be
He's just someone I cross reference with from time to time
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer
Re: New Manager
"Always happy to help"!!Reg wrote:Stu isn't my mole.Mark Mc wrote: That's the Confidentiality agreement in tatters!!!!!
He's just someone I cross reference with from time to time
-
Barrowabc
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2203
- Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
- Location: Newbarns lodge
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
I've been reading the posts on here and other topics
And I'm shocked at what I see
Why is it people are still staying away
Once I'm back on my feet I'll be there every game
I don't really care who gets the job I'll still go
Good times and bad times.
There's one last thing I'll say on this
And that's people have been looking
For the excuse as not to go.
'excuses are like arseholes,everybody's got one'
And I'm shocked at what I see
Why is it people are still staying away
Once I'm back on my feet I'll be there every game
I don't really care who gets the job I'll still go
Good times and bad times.
There's one last thing I'll say on this
And that's people have been looking
For the excuse as not to go.
'excuses are like arseholes,everybody's got one'
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash
Re: New Manager
Tommys back!!!!!
Hope you are feeling better mate

Hope you are feeling better mate
- John Very Little
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4136
- Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:32 am
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
As Macauley is with Vauxhall then Barrow would have to approach Vauxhall to get permission speak to him to chat/ask him to apply for the job. Presumably we waited till the deadline has passed to see who'd applied then if there were good candidates employed by other clubs we'd like to talk with then we'd have to ask their clubs to speak to them.Mark Mc wrote:Too Late they have missed the deadline!!!DaveP wrote:Lowe & MacAuley??
We should have approached the other clubs first before waiting to see who applied and who was interested as we could have ruled out or included some potential candidates there and then as the way the whole process and uncertainty is dragging on its doing us no favours at all.
Re: New Manager
Think you're being a bit harsh there. Surely it's better to take your time and you have a better chance of finding the right man.John Very Little wrote:the way the whole process and uncertainty is dragging on its doing us no favours at all.
The closing date was last Friday and the Chairman has been away. I'm sure the board will exercise due diligence in the coming days. We may even have a name in the frame in the next week.
Marry in haste...repent at leisure!
Last edited by barrowfan on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: New Manager
I had hoped that a lot of the groundwork would have been done before sacking Bayliss.
It's not like it was hard to see coming.
Seemingly though, we have started the recruitment process from scratch, which whilst honourable, is also naive and shows that perhaps the BOD are incapable of seeing more than a step or two ahead.
It's not like it was hard to see coming.
Seemingly though, we have started the recruitment process from scratch, which whilst honourable, is also naive and shows that perhaps the BOD are incapable of seeing more than a step or two ahead.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer
Re: New Manager
Surely the board would have whittled down who they think would have been ideal for the job - it doesn't take a chairman to know of past experiences/history of applicants. We need the interviews done and a new manager appointed soon, before it's too late and we're further into the mire than we already are. I just hope it's not Meechan; I would be disappointed if so!
Popular side since '03.
- barrowfan_chris
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3508
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
- Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
Do you support the club or manager? it shouldn't matter who manages the team you should still support your club.
People are looking for excuses to jump ship "Bayliss going" he has gone yet people still haven't come back I think people just expect too much.
Don't make excuses just say you are not coming back unless we get some success.
People are looking for excuses to jump ship "Bayliss going" he has gone yet people still haven't come back I think people just expect too much.
Don't make excuses just say you are not coming back unless we get some success.
Re: New Manager
The fact that it's taken this long already is ridiculous. If we don't have the new man appointed by Saturday it will be a complete joke. Why do we always take an age to do everything?
Sort it out BoD.
Sort it out BoD.
-
Barrowabc
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2203
- Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
- Location: Newbarns lodge
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
+1 my thinking alsobarrowfan_chris wrote:Do you support the club or manager? it shouldn't matter who manages the team you should still support your club.
People are looking for excuses to jump ship "Bayliss going" he has gone yet people still haven't come back I think people just expect too much.
Don't make excuses just say you are not coming back unless we get some success.
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash
Re: New Manager
Bit of a generalisation there Chris.barrowfan_chris wrote:Do you support the club or manager? it shouldn't matter who manages the team you should still support your club.
People are looking for excuses to jump ship "Bayliss going" he has gone yet people still haven't come back I think people just expect too much.
Don't make excuses just say you are not coming back unless we get some success.
No two people are the same and have different reasons for their lack of interest.
The views expressed on this site are my own and do reflect the views of my employer
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9884
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
Might be a bit of a generalisation but I think Chris's last sentence (even as a generalisation) is just about right!Reg wrote:Bit of a generalisation there Chris.barrowfan_chris wrote:Do you support the club or manager? it shouldn't matter who manages the team you should still support your club.
People are looking for excuses to jump ship "Bayliss going" he has gone yet people still haven't come back I think people just expect too much.
Don't make excuses just say you are not coming back unless we get some success.
No two people are the same and have different reasons for their lack of interest.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
-
thegaffer77
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3448
- Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
Reg wrote:Bit of a generalisation there Chris.barrowfan_chris wrote:Do you support the club or manager? it shouldn't matter who manages the team you should still support your club.
People are looking for excuses to jump ship "Bayliss going" he has gone yet people still haven't come back I think people just expect too much.
Don't make excuses just say you are not coming back unless we get some success.
No two people are the same and have different reasons for their lack of interest.
You got a point there my son.
' the I'm not going while Bayliss is in charge' line was well taken by many, yet they don't come back when he's gone.
Blackburn Rovers all over again....
Stood behind Ray Wilkie for years. Best education I ever had.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Backofthenet, liam_b82, Louis29 and 16 guests